02 Khuntoria - Beauty and the beast

No ordinary fairytales

He is the beast, though he has the look of an angel, he is known as a member of the beastly idol group 2pm, has the power and strength like a beast.

He also feels like he is a beast in the story- cursed by some wicked witch, and he is alone in his castle, no one able to reach down in his heart. True he has his dearest members, and he has also celebrity friends, he has left his family and study behind to realize his dream of being an idol. Through all these years, he has acheived a lot of it, look at the popularity and frame he has got, he should be satisfied with all of it.

No, he is the beast - the beast that has the wealth, the frame, respect from others, things ordinary people are long for; but ironically, now he longs for the things ordinary people have: being able to hang out on the street without covering up and bunch of fans following, having a normal daily schedule without waking up in Korea, having lunch in China and sleeping in a hotel in US, he wants to be with his family members everyday. But he is alone, he feels alone.

Until she comes.
 


She is the beauty, a true beauty also from a foreign land like him, beautiful and stunning whenever she is. She has a lot more than just looks, she is the leader of her group despite she is a foreigner, she knows how to cook, she is good at dancing and she is probably the most flexible person he has seen in the world. He can't help but wonders, is she also feeling lonely like him?

"When you are tired please contact me." He has told him throughout their show for lots of times, and he really meant it; it was, at first saying this to her because of empathy, though it turns out in the end that he really wanted her to lean on him.
He has dragged her in to his world forcefully, he introduced her to s, and even to his family members, even his dearest grandmother. He used the show as an excuse, and brought her to where he was from, anf created lots of wonderful memories together. All he remembers is the smiling face of hers, but he is too scared to ask whether this is her true smile or is it only for the show. He is a beast, but he has only a human heart.

As time goes by, he has mixed up with whether this is the reality or only a show, he is walking on the edge of sense and sensibility. He knows the beauty doesn't belong to him, she has her own members, her own family, her future and many other things that would give her an identity, but he selfishly wants her to be his property. He would offer all he has to her, just to keep her beside him, though he knows perfectly that this is not possible at all, once the show ends, everything would be taken back, and his beauty, would leave too.

But it's too late, there's no way for him to back away.
 


He is conflicted.
He loves the beauty, and it breaks his heart seeing her not being happy, he would be willing to do anything to solve her problem. But the solution for her problem is, leaving her, step out of her world as if he has never come.
That breaks his heart too.

"Nickhun xi......" Her hair feels soft in his fingers, she is warm in his embrace, her sweet voice trembling.
"I know.... I understand, Victoria xi." He comforts her, he knows she loves him too, but there are just so many things on her shoulders, she can't just give up all of these to run with him, no he can't ask her to do that for him.
"I'll be waiting for you." He promises to her, looking seriously into her eyes, then kisses softly on her lips.
"Wait for me, I'll go back to you someday, Nickhun xi...." She smiles and squeezes his hand, then turns away quickly when she feels her tears are falling down. He is always kind and gentle to her, it takes a lot of strength to leave him.
Nickhun wanted to call out her name for one more time, but he couldn't make a sound; what's the point to call her up again and again when they have decided to part away? No, he has decided to let her go, so he should get used to it.
He is going to wait for her, until all the petals of the rose fall off, until his heart becomes emptied.
 


The parting hurts, but he knows this is only temporal, someday he knows she is going back to him.
"Because Nickhun xi is my star." She has told her that before.
And she is his beauty, the beauty of the would that a beast would see. He smiles and presses on the rose ring in his palm that she has returned it to him.
"Someday I'm going to put this back on again, Victoria xi." He swears by stars in the sky.