05 Khuntoria - Little mermaid

No ordinary fairytales

Little mermaid 

1.
"Vic unnie!" The younger members call from the living room when they saw Victoria comes into the house, quickly turning off the television and walk up to her. Victoria smiles, she could hear the concern within their voice, but she is fine, really.
"How are you guys doing? I'm so tired from dance practice today so I didn't go to supermarket. Let's order food today." She says casually, putting down her bag and going to the fridge to get a box of juice, just as usual. The members watch her does all these quietly, she looks perfectly fine despite that person has just been revealed by the press that he has been dating another woman. Victoria raises an eyebrow after finishes her drink; she knows what her members are thinking, but she doesn't want to talk about it.
"Girls? Are you going to order food or not?" She asks again from the kitchen.
"Yes Vic unnie." Krystal answers quickly.
"Great. Please make a order quick, I'm starving now and I want food out as soon as I get out of shower." She says cheerfully and even makes a little joke, but none of her members say anything back to her again. She turns and sighs softly, hiding her expression from the members.

2.
She turns on the shower, hot water splashes all over her, like heavy rain pouring on her.
"Let it rain......" She hums the familiar tone, the song that belongs to them, or should she say the song that belonged to them. It's raining heavily now, in her heart, yet there's no one to bring her an umbrella.
She wanted to cry, though no tears would come out from her eyes.
She remembers him saying, "Victoria xi, you can cry......."
She smiles bitterly, in the end she couldn't even cry for him once. Because she is a mermaid, a mermaid that has no soul and therefore no tears.
She steps out of the shower quickly, not wanting her dearest members to worry about her. At least there are her members to get her back.

3.
She couldn't sleep.
She lays on her bad helplessly, she is really tired from practicing, but eyes wide open and her brain keep reminding her of the pieces she wants to forget the most right now.
"Contact me when you are tired." His gentle voice echoes in her mind. She wanted too, but she doesn't have the right to do so anymore. She takes out her phone, fliping to read all the texts they have sent each others before. All those sweet and caring messages he sent to her, though she would never admit it to him, but those messages did brighten her. Was that the reason why he left? Because she would never admit to him that he is that important to her?
"I'll always be standing by Victoria xi's side" He has promised, but where is he now?
Memories are brought back like the breeze in early spring: hopeful but sends the chill down to your spine, you love it so much but in the end you have to put on a jacket to block the chill away. She hugs herself tightly, staring at the box where she kept all the things they had when they were couple, she doesn't dare to open it.
What could she do? It's all over now.
She shakes her head, laughs at herseld for being a whimp.
She dresses up and leaves the house quietly, taking the box with her.
It must have come to an end.

4.
She drives swiftly on the highway, it's 3 in the morning and the outside world is so quiet. She still feels like she is living in a time capsule, that as though she could still see him seating next to her, worrying about her when she is driving.
She could see him tensing up when she speeds up but keep smiling to her and tells her she is doing well; she could see him lay back on his seat while singing along with the music; she could see him putting in the CDs he has recorded for him and plays loudly in the car, and she still has it here now; she could see them cuddling at the back of the seat, holding hands and talking to each others.
Would he now do all of these with.... her?
Victoria pulls back from her memory, she looks outside the window and it's a mistake.
The bridges and the beach are visible from a distant, and that's where she is going to now; but she remembers the days he takes her there, the time that they ran away from the reality, walked along the empty beach, joked that they would stay in a place like that someday in the future.
What a joke.
But the funniest part was that she really believed in it, she did, she really did.

5.
She pulls up in the car park, there's no one there on the beach as expected. The sky is dark, so she takes out her phone as the torch the light her way. She taks off her shoes, walking on the soft and cool sand, listening to the waves hitting on the shore.
"You are the princess of the sea and I'm the prince of the sea." He told her while back-hugging her, she smiled sweetly to him; he loved calling her "the princess", and to her, he really is her prince.
Now did now she realizes that he is not ONLY HER prince, she is everybody else's prince.
But she is not a princess, she is ONLY HIS princess, no others would make her a princess.
She sits on a stone, let the waves to smashes on her feet. They both love the sea, because there are beautiful seas from where they were from, so going to the sea side is the most common place for their dates. They have shared a lot of their times by the sea side.
Because the sea could make them feel they belong there, and it's somewhere that they belonged to each other completely.
She was wrong, only she belongs to here now; she is the only one who is still feeling attached to this place. She was the mermaid, gave up on her tail and her voice for the legs, and a chance to win his heart.
She gave up on a lot of important things but she has never regreted it, because he is more important the those things. She thought they would be together forever after that many crisis and hardships, but no they did not.
Like the prince in the story, he told the mermaid he loved her, giving empty promises and hopes to her; and crashes all of them after meeting the real princess.
But he did not know the little mermaid was also a princess, he did not know how much it took her to just stand in front of him and shared that little time with him.
Only the sea knows.

6.
She looks for a corner that she thinks nobody would have noticed on the beach and digs a hole, she puts the box in, the box that carries all the good memories they had and their secret relationship.
"What belongs to the sea will return to the sea"
And so does this relationship.
It's all over, Khuntoria no more.
Giving up on the things for him is like dancing on knives, it hurt a lot, but healed immediately when she saw his smile.
Watching him to be with another one, knowing that there's no turning back between them directly stabs the knife into her heart, and there's no way she could be healed.
She keeps staring at the spot where she has burried the box. Foam created when the waves hit onto the sand, dissolves after a while and reappears when the waves hit again.
The ending of the story: the mermaid dissolves into sea foam because simply she couldn't kill the prince.
That's how she felt when he told her to break up, how she felt when she heard that he has another one, how she felt when she thinks of that he could tell the world who he is in relationship with.
Dispair, shock, anger, heart-broken....... She wanted to hate him and pulls revenge on him, but gave up when she heard his name, she loves him; everyday she struggles between love and hate; those emotions raise and turn her into foam. 
No more hope, nothing left, except those memories, nothing left in exsistence, nothing.

7.
She knows she is a mermaid anymore, nor the princess of the sea.
She is Victoria, the goddess of victory.

8.
The morning sun shines on the foam, blood-red, telling the story of a broken relationship.
A story that the girl would never ever forget in her life, even though she walked away from it.
It's where she has buried her heart too.


To my beloved Khuntoria,
I don't know what has happened, but you guys were the real life fairy tale that I have believed in, and I would still believe despite what has happened.
Hope the two of you would have a happy ending, no matter it's going to be one with the two of you, or four of you.
Best wishes,
HY