03 Hongki&Mina; - Neverland

No ordinary fairytales

"Nuna, おめでとうございます。 From Hongki" The woman in the pretty white dress keeps touching the screen to keep it bright, she is not replying to the text either, just sitting there and staring at the screen, her expression is complicated.
"Mina you ready?" Her maid of honor comes in with a cute smile, asking her; Mina, the bride puts away her phone to the side and stands up.
"Yes I'm ready, let's go!" She as the usual gentle smile on her face, but her are as though looking at somewhere far beyond here.
She is looking for her neverland, where he has promised her for a better future for them; but this is neverland, a place where she is never gonna able to reach, not without him.
Her smile turns bitter, she feels her tears forming.
"Hong jiang......"
 


It is the beautiful church that everyone would normally see in Japanese drama, standing there in the front are the beautiful actress Fuji Mina and her husband in the nect hour, a professor in university. Mina's husband is about 8 years older than her, they knew each other by the introductin of their parents, and they started dating each other afterwards. Mina's husband is her ideal man: being a professor he is knowledgeable, very polite, loves to read books, a quiet and simple person much like Mina; and much an opposite to him.

The wedding goes well, unlike the Japanese dramas where someone is going to come out in the middle and takes away the bride, no not such thing happened. Everything went well and they got married as planned in front of their family and friends (media presses are not invited).

Except him........ His exsistence seemed to be wiped out as though he has never been in her life, no one in the audience has mentioned anything about her first "marriage" as though this is her first time, and he is not there as her guest.
No, Fuji Mina has married before in Korea, as Lee Hong Ki's wife in "We got married global edition". They have had spent 3 months together as each others' husband and wife, living in the same house and had lots of experiences.

Even now, she still can't wipe him out of her memories at all.
 


Lee Hong Ki turns off his phone the moment right after he has sent his message to Mina, he stands alone in the little chapel that he and Mina went in Okinawa. All the settings in the Okinawa seems to be the same, except the fact that Mina is not beside him and is getting married somewhere in Japan with someone else.

Being her ex-husband, he got invited of course, but he declined it. It's heart-breaking already to know that the woman he loves is marrying another man, it would probably kill him to watch her walking into another man's arms, he would go crazy.
He turns for the exit and luaghs at himself, "what a hypocrite......" He was the one who has hurt nuna, he was the one to let go of nuna, he was the one who ended their relationship.

He sits there weakly on one of the benches, eyes losing focus, but he seems to see his memories coming out to life. How he and Mina had been there during the filming of WGM, how they returned to this chapel on their 1 year anniversary, and how he had left Mina here, turning his back to her cruelly.

"Jidokhage neomu jidokhage neoreul saranghaenabwa......" He sings out quietly in the chapel, his song "Severely", the song that Mina loved to hear, and it fitted very well to this situation.
Mina's figure appears in front again, he though he could touch her, but it's only an illusion; those memories in his dreams come out into life, those happy times now pierce his heart over and over again.
"I think letting you go is more severe than dying"

 


When Mina is finally alone, she feels like something has been broken down, like the chord that has supported her keep smiling and going on has snapped, and her world has gone dark.
She should be happy, she has married her "Mr Right", the ideal man that she has ever wanted. But she just can't get him out of her mind, he is younger than her, her style is totally the opposite to her, but still he sticks around in her mind even now.

She guesses he is her Peter Pan, the kid-like hero who took her hand and guided her into an unknown world, a greater, dangerous but also facinating world that she has never dreamed about. He is a kid, foolish but fun; he is a hero, got her in danger but always saved her at the end; he is Peter Pan and she is Wendy.

But in the end, she is only a human and he is a fairy; she has a family back there and she needs to grow up; but he doesn't have to, he is "Hong star", always shinning on everyone with all his funny childish moves, loved by everyone, and everyone wishes him to stay like this forever.

But that's not her, she is Fuji Mina, an ordinary person except the fact that she is an actress, but still she is no fairy. She loves him, but Lee Hong Ki is too childish for her, Lee Hong Ki is too bright for her to walk aside with and Lee Hong Ki..... he doesn't seem to understand the pressure on her when she was with him.

They never have problems in neverland, but she was only a guest, that had luck to live there for a short while, but she has to be back to the reality afterall.
 


He once thought he is his superman, that would solve all her problems and they would have an happy ending at the end. But he was teriibly wrong, he was wrong about himself, he couldn't grand her the future she deserves, no, he hadn't done enough for her, for their relationship.

But at least he could be her Peter Pan: they had taken each others' hands and had so many adventures together, they had experienced a lot and this would forever in their memories, and he has saved her after getting her into danger, and finally, sent her back to where she belongs. As much as he wants to keep her in the Neverland, he couldn't, because he couldn't stop her growing up.
 


So that's the end of the story, there's no point to write about how Fuji Mina living out her ordinary life, nor writing about how Lee Hong Ki performing on stage, because they are now, completely two stories.

But only do they know, somewhere deep down in their heart, there's the neverland, that people are never going to be able to take away from them; there are those happy secret moments buried deep down in the neverland.

Their Neverland.