01 Henber - Somewhere over the rainbow (Not a princess)

No ordinary fairytales

Sometimes Amber wishes to have the pair of heels that Dorothy has, that she could simply go back to home whenever she wants to, but oh wait, she doesn't even wear heels.
No, she knows that, life is not like fairytale-- no superhero or fairy godmother would pop up from nowhere and save your -- you are the one who are responsible to solve your own problems.
Besides, Amber knows perfectly that she is far far far away from being a princess.

Ok, so maybe if you ask Jackie, she would say that Amber is the princess in their house, it's only because she is the youngest, and her parents are very happy to spoil her to rotten. But no, Amber is never going to be called the princess. Princess should be someone like Suli, with bright smile and cute voice, really sweet.
Besides she doesn't want to be a princess, princesses in the stories got to suffer from the witches, bad step mothers, poison, killing, prinsons and many other horrible things. Even though they got happy endings in the end, but that's because someone helped them, she kept wondering, what if that prince in the story never going to come, then the princess would just be doomed.

No, she is not going to sit there and rely on someone to help her. Therefore she likes the book, and the musical-- The wizard of oz. Dorothy walks all the way, experiences a lot of challenges, but she is not sitting there waiting for help; she walks out and gets herself into danger, complete all the quests and finds her way home.

"Somewhere over the rainbow
Blue birds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then oh why can't I?"

 


Amber does not need to be treated like a princess, Henry knows that. But seeing her just sleeping on the couch of the waiting room in the corner, he wants to solve all her problems like the princes in the fairytales. He wants to have a magic wand and "ding", there are cloned Amber doing her work, and the real Amber could just sleep through as much she wants.
But no, Henry knows perfectly that his lover is never a princess, and she doesn't require a prince or a hero to solve her problems. She is Dorothy, bravely taking on all the challenges, dives into the unknown world and sovles the problems with her friends.

All she need is her snoopy: taking off his jacket and places it lightly on top of her, sitting besides her and when people walk by, he puts his finger upon his lips to remind them there's someone sleeping here, and wakes her up 15 minutes before she is going out, just to let her to do her make up and ready before the show.
She doesn't need a prince, but she definitely needs someone to cheer her up from time to time, she needs someone to bring her out and have some good food, she needs someone to fool around with, she needs someone to beside her, laugh with her, share her hapiness, laughters, as well as frustrations and tears.

Henry doesn't have superprowers, he too, has gone through a long way to stand on the stage, much like Amber. He understands perfectly that he is never a prince, no. But he is also glad that Amber is not a princess, for he does not have to be a prince to be with her. He is happy to be just her snoopy.

"Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true"


They stand in front of the cameras, hands in hands, talking bravely revealing their relationship in front of all the presses.
"True courage is in facing danger when you are afraid....."
No, you don't need any magical potion to make you brave, in fact no amount of magical potion could make you beave.
The secret is when you stand up and face the problems, of course having the one you love besides you also helps.
Amber feels safe when she feels the warm hand wrapping around hers, he is not letting go even the press has started. She knows it's a big decision on revealing their relationship, but they have decided to face it together.
Both Henry and Amber know that artists should keep their love lives as private as possible, that the best would be they remain single so they are forever a fantasy to the public.
But Henry and Amber are no ordinary idols, they are not prince and princess, and they are not going to live as real life fairytales characters. They would rather have a happy life with each other.

"Yes everyone, I, Henry Lau and Amber Liu would like to announce here that we have been in a relationship for few years." His voice is cute as usual, but his tone is serious.
"Me and Amber have been best friends for a long time, and we have supported each other through these years." She remembers going through all the harship with each other, the image of Dorothy, the tin woodman, the scarecrow and the lion having their adventures together; they all have their weaknesses, but together they are unbeatable; just like them, the power of the two is always greater than when she is alone.
"I'm really glad that I have her as my best friend, girls friend and my soul mate, she is my true comfort and definitely my partner in my dream of being a singer." He turns and gives her a warm smile, she smiles back. Their taste and style in music are similar, their personality also matches, she thinks that maybe having to meet Henry in her life is being one of the little fairytales, though she would never confess that to Henry. 
"To me she is very special and cannot be replaced in my life, so I hope my fans would understand me and support us, thank you." The audiences clap their hands and cheer in approval, she even sees some girls shedding their tears, she is also touch and has the urge to cry too, but she holds it.
Because the man besides her told her to save her tears on their wedding day when he proposed to her.
She remembers the tune of "Somewhere over the rainbow" and smiles to Henry.

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away from chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

 


Even after they are married, Amber still doesn't want to be a princess.
Who would want to be a princess, when you have a husband better than any prince in the fairytales? No she doesn't have to be a princess to get the best man in the world. It is the little miracle in her life.
She still likes the song "Somewhere over the rainbow" and the story "The Wizard of Oz", they remind her of facing her problems bravely, and not be afraid to dream.
Yes, and she has found the place over the rainbow, it's still on Earth, and it seems to be ordinary to everyone else; just an apartment in Seoul, not a castle on a hilltop. But she feels happy to be there, over the rainbow and there he is, with the bluebirds which symbolize fortune in Eastern cultures.

Somewhere over the rainbow, there they will be, the fairytale of "not a prince" and "not a princess".