Roses of Confidence

Roses of Confidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks for reading this small drabble.  There will be no 2nd part or continuation of this story but I might include an epilogue. "What am I?" & "Masquerade" will be finished off within the next 3 weeks.

Chapter 6: Roses of Confidence

 

                   The birds are chirping their bright lullabies. The sun is shining its translucent rays. The trees are dancing in the wind. The students are all in cheers as today would be the last day of finals with one week of school left. It's the perfect day for rejection. I'm digging my own grave at this rate. I must have been out of my mind when I continued my daily display of roses. Even CL thought I wasn't in the right mind when I told her I wanted to persevere.  Her friendship supports my every decision and guides me towards the right choices but she knew what to say to prevent any arguments. Her words would have been to keep going, exactly what I'm doing now but I would have stopped. That sneaky girl used reverse psychology on me.

                  We all took our seats for our Calculus final which I'm pretty confident that few, if any, studied for this test. All the others were patiently sitting there for the tests to be handed out. CL came towards my desk which I assumed would be a quick exchange of words since it's not in her character to chit chat right before a test.

                  "Are you positive you want to go through with this plan?" She kneeled next to me and spoke in a hushed tone.

                  I looked at her with hesitant eyes but nodded.

                  "You got balls, Jessie." She smiled. "I'm proud to say you're my best friend." Another grin formed and she went back to her seat.

                  A small slip of the lip and I smiled as well. I shouldn't be happy, my eminent doom was less than five hours away and I show no sign of wimping out. When did these nonexistent balls start growing? I sighed and pushed back those thoughts and focused on my test that Mr. Lee now placed on my desk. Whatever the future has planned for me, I'll take it with clenched teeth and a forlorn smile.

 

                  ~~~

 

                  I rested on my tree with wavering emotions as my backpack hung on a branch close to me, containing the last dozen of roses. The final note attached to a small parachute and weight lay in my shaking hands. I sit here waiting for CL to bring my other best friend here. I skipped Physics class after lunch and went straight here. What's the point of staying in that class if I already took the final? It serves that jackass right. The whole schedule is messed up since each class needs 2 hours. I can't take so much stress. My thoughts drifted back to lunch time as I closed my eyes.

                  "Hyo are you ready?! Today is the day!" Min cheered.

                  "Are you nervous?" Fei looked quite concerned for Hyo.

                  I'm just sitting there, playing with my food since I didn't have much appetite. My stomach is already full from biting my nails and swallowing down saliva.  

                  "I am nervous. Who could this sweet person be? Who could be this unlucky person that I have to turn down for my own selfish reasons?" She pondered on her thoughts.

                  "Maybe you should just accept this person anyways? It could be meant to be." CL shrugged throwing out ideas.

                  I'd usually pull a fit inside of my mind, possibly strangling her neck but at this point, nothing mattered anymore.

                  "Should I? Should I accept this new person and throw away the person I've liked for the past 4 years?" She asked herself more than she asked us.

                  Four years? That means I never even stood a chance, even if I started this earlier than I planned. I guess things weren't meant to be for us.

                  "Oh man. If it's been that long, then I don't think you should." Fei responded.

                  "How come you've never told us about this crush of yours, hmm?" Min poked Hyo's arm across the table. "And here I thought I was your best friend."

                  "I thought it was obvious enough not to." She started to blush while poking at her rice.

 

                  Faint footsteps brought me back to the current predicament I was in and my palms instantly grew damp. I quickly wiped my hands on my plaid skirt and tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter