Roses of Beginnings

Roses of Confidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Roses of Beginnings

 

 

                I walked the shiny waxed halls of our high school that mirrored my anxiety. The sun had barely risen from the horizon as it slowly peeked from the windowsill across the hall. The walls rose high as to mock what I didn’t have inside, confidence. My knee high socks covered my trembling white smooth legs as they quickly made their way towards its destination which I’d really rather not be going to. My hands were holding onto my backpack straps with fervor, trying to release the tension I had inside of me. I was one step closer to what could be my possible downfall of demise or a beautiful bloom of what I have been dreaming of for so long.

                And now, here I stand in front of this dreaded desk, radiating off so many mixed emotions. My right hand slipped into the right pocket of my checkered skirt but before I could bring myself to place it down, my eyes roamed the classroom for any breathing soul in existence. I glanced through the windows of the classroom to search for anyone outside. There was none. I quickly placed the note and slung my backpack off my right shoulder only to stop in hesitation once again. I shook my head to rid of any second doubts and ped to pull out a single rose. I brushed my uncombed wavy brunette hair out of my face before my shaking hands placed it next to the lonely note.

                “Here goes nothing.” I whispered to no one in particular.

                I quickly left the location and headed towards my beloved garden before I leave any trace of my existence aside from the note and rose. I had an entire dreaded hour left until school would begin. Why did I get myself into this mess?  It's still not too late to go back now. I would much rather be sleeping beside my sister than being in this social institution they should be calling prison instead of school. Face it, no one wants to be here, except for maybe Minji who should really get her priorities straight. I went to the tree and climbed up towards a well hidden branch and took a plastic bag hanging from another. I pulled out my throw blanket and smiled.

                “Nothing better than slumber.” My body subconsciously molded itself to the shape of the branch as I leaned against the trunk. I closed my eyes and let myself succumb to the land of dreams. I’ll wake up in time for class. If not, oh well.

                ~~~

                “Yahh~ Yahhh~ YAHHH! JESSICA JUNG!”

                My eyes fluttered open and I looked down to see a blonde trying to get my attention, her hair reflecting the sun’s rays. I groaned and closed my eyes again. “What?”

                “It’s a good thing I followed my intuition! What am I going to do with you, Jung? I swear you’re going to be the death of me!” I heard her nagging voice clearly through my ears.

                “It’s so early in the morning and you’re already nagging at me! What do you want, Hyo?!” I complained.

                “I’m trying to get my best friend to class which is going to start in 5 minutes!” She wagged her finger at me. “Now get your down here, Jung!”

                “Alright! Alright! Calm your !” I shoved my blanket into the bag, closed it and hung it back up.

                Next thing she knew, I jumped down before I warned her. Luckily she looked up when she did and I ended up in her arms. How fitting. I smiled at her and slung my backpack on my right arm.

                “Is it too much to warn me before you jump so I can catch you properly?” We started walking as she dusted off the little dirt I left on her uniform.

                “Where’s the fun in that?” I smiled a toothless grin and opened one of the side doors of the school.

                “Why do you always go up there when you can’t even get down without me?” She asked a rhetorical question.

                I blushed on the inside. All the more reason to go up there every single day if it meant seeing her all the times I do, plus one. It’s a good way start to my boring, unproductive day anyways. It didn’t even register in my slow mind that we reached my class already until I felt a nudge on my side.

                “You really need to stop zoning out. It’s getting bad, Sica. We’re at your class already.” She nagged me again.

                “Whatever. I’ll see you at 4th.” I waved her off and entered without seeing her leave.

                I reached my broken down wooden seat and carefully landed my perky on it. Strangely enough, it has yet to fall apart on me and it's almost the end o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter