Roses of Attachment

Roses of Confidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Roses of Attachment

 

               This never gets old, at least that's what my heart wants every time I place roses on her desk but this time, I'm changing things up a bit. As I grace my presence in the deserted halls, I stopped in front of the rundown, rusting small lockers at the wall in front of the classrooms right under the windows. You would think that with the amount of money this school is funded by and the amount of generous sponsors coming from all ends, they'd fix these 30 year old lockers on the sides of every hall. To your disappointment, all that money goes into class materials and sports necessities and utilities. I don't complain, the locker conditions are the least of my worries as my eyes traced the numbers on each metal plaque until I reached locker number 932. I knew by heart where her locker was, but I wanted to confirm, just in case by the slip of the mind and hands, it lands in the wrong hands.

 

~~~
 

                School went by like always; a blur of uninteresting subjects I could care less about. We all headed for our lockers to dispose of our unneeded books for that evening. I left all my things in my locker because let's face it, even if I we're to bring them home, I wouldn't do homework anyways. Along with Hyoyeon and CL, we took Senioritis to the max and could give two s about school. We all got accepted to our respective universities. The perks about going to an International school, we only need C's now. Doing homework is pointless; the three of us pass our tests with flying colors anyways.

                Hyo's eyes spotted the four roses and note taped to the locker door and grinned. "And here I thought there weren't going to be any more."

                "Ohh! Let me see!" Min excitedly snatched the note from her hands. "Who knew one person" She read out loud. "A new sentence?"

                "Probably. Hey, any of you guys noticed the roses are increasing by one each passing day?" CL mentioned. She needs to stop leaving hints.

                "You're right. I wonder how many this person is going to go up to." Fei curiously stated while closing her locker which was on the other side of the hall.

                "Who knows." Hyoyeon shrugged. "Let's go. I'm hungry."

           We all closed our lockers and headed for the front gate. Fei and Min went their separate ways and left me, Hyo and CL at the sidewalk next to the gate. I smiled at the thought that we were all finally going to hangout like we planned, but all my hopes came crashing down like a plane in a thunderstorm as I heard CL's voice.

                "Sorry guys." She rubbed the back of her neck. "I gotta go do something with Minji."

                "The freshman Minji?" I questioned.

                "The studious Minji hanging out with our Chaerin? The 'baddest female'?" Hyo teased.

                "What about it? She needs help with Algebra II." CL shrugged. "Bye guys."

                Hyo and I looked at each other and sighed. "Still wanna?" She aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter