Roses of Rejection

Roses of Confidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Roses of Rejection

 

                 My trembling legs could barely contain enough energy to stand, let alone wake up at the break of dawn to buy some flowers. The chilly morning air pierced through my uniform and I shivered while walking through the grand glass doors of the main entrance. The janitors waved hello as they started remembering me as the girl who was crazy enough to wake up this hour only to go to school. I had a box of tissues in my left arm as my right opened her locker door. It's not called trespassing if the owner gave me her combination.

                 I would thought that I'd be accustomed to this already but to my dismay, my heart still palpitates rapidly throughout my body and my nervous hands ever so slowly do their job. The bundle of roses sat nicely on her books with the note right next to the bottom of the thornless stems. I gently closed her locker, conscious of making any sounds and headed straight for my lovely nap waiting for me at the tree. My body shivered once more and I felt my nose tingle from anticipation. My hands made it just in time to cover the snot flying out of my mouth and onto the tissue. Ugh, I hate being sick. How am I going to be in shape for the makeup tests I'm about to take? Waking up early doesn't help.  I sighed dejectedly and walked out of the school buildings and into the luscious green garden. 

 

                 ~~~

                 My eyes fluttered open as I felt little annoyances thrown at me from my right. I turned towards the dreaded source and saw Fei smiling at me before she pointed at the teacher who, in return, glared at me with irritated eyes. Anyone else would cower away in fear but I just looked at him with my most uninterested eyes.

                 "Would you like to share your inciting dream with us Ms. Jung?" He interrogated.

                 "Not really." I blandly spoke.

                 "Talking back now are we young lady?" His voice had a tinge of displeasure.

                 "Mr. Yang, I'm sure we all have better things to do than talk about my fantasies." I challenged.

                 "I see. Since you're so full of confidence, you wouldn't mind taking the final now would you?" His grip on the edge of his desk tightened.

                  I could see right through his petty little mind game. Luckily Physics was one subject I excelled the most in, thanks to CL's dad. When you're in 7th grade spending practically every day with your best friend and her dad and everything else bored you, you look for something to eat up your time. Fei looked at me in disbelief and I could feel the concern radiating off towards me. I smiled at her and looked back at Mr. Yang.

                 "Sure." I shrugged and took all my things off the desk and left only my pencil, scientific calculator, and my box of tissues.

                 The students all looked at me in shock but none of their faces beat his awful attempt to keep a calm composure. He took out the test and walked my way with a dark aura following suit.

                 Placing the test quite roughly on my table, he sneered at me. "You have the rest of the class. 40 minutes and diminishing. If you don't get an A, you'll get a zero. Let's see how far your arrogance goes, Ms. Jung."

                 He walked away and I flipped the cover page open. My eyes glanced on the two problems of the first page and I smiled. Piece of cake.

 

                 ~~~

                 "GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!" Fei yelled after our friends at the lockers. "Did you hear about what happened to Sica during 6th?!"

                 "What'd she do?" CL responded back.

                 "Mr. Yang totallygotonSica'sassandwantedtogiveherapieceofhismind sohemadehertakethefinalrightthenandthere whichsheAcedthatandshuthisarrogantmouth! She totally beat him at his own game!!" She rambled.

                 "Woah woah woah!" CL put her han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter