Roses of Sickness

Roses of Confidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Roses of Sickness

 

                “You regret it yet?” Chae asked me mockingly as she replaced the towel on my burning forehead.

                “Nope.” I croaked.

                “The things you do for love my friend. The things you do.” She shook her head while rolling up her uniform sleeves.

                “It’s the things I do when I FEEL like it.” I weakly glared at her with my exhausted eyes. “Just do me the favor and go.”

                “Damn. Giving attitude to the person who’s helping you. Sick Jessie is not to be messed with.” She laughed dryly at me.

                “Whatever.” I sneezed out another round of bacteria out of my system. “The notes for the next four days are on my desk. You’re gunna have to get the roses every morning before school though.” I finished before having another cough attack.

                “Okay okay. Go to sleep. I gotta go get the roses before I'm late for class. You’ll be alright?” She asked me while opening the door.

                “No.” Obviously I’m not going to be alright in this situation.

                “See you after school, Bestie~” She winked and left without a sound.

                That girl is a handful. I subconsciously smiled at what happened last night and couldn’t stop feeling strange butterflies form from within the depths of my stomach. It was such a simple and mundane situation but those are the things that I really remember the most. Do I regret it? Not one bit, though it's guaranteed that I’ll be missing the next four days of school. It doesn't make a difference if I'm there or not since I daze off in almost every class. As my thoughts kept reeling in better moments, my consciousness decided to take a turn for the better. My eyelids closed and I once again drift off to the land of comfort, so much for an eventful Friday.

~~~
 

                “Sica.” I felt my body slightly shake to the rattles of two hands. “Sica, you need to eat. Jessica?” A soft voice entered through my clogged ears.

                I peeled my crusty eyes open to see a few remaining rays of the sun looming through my blinds and illuminating a particular small figure on the side of my bed. It's been 3 days since I got sick. My head turned for the clock on my bedside table but I was greeted with a pair of concerned brown orbs staring back at me instead. I blinked and brought my hands to rub away the post slumber from my eyes.

                “Good. You’re awake.” She smiled. “I have fresh, hot, steaming porridge for you!”

                “Tone it down, Hyo.” I grumbled. “My head hurts from everything. My sinuses are screwing me over.” I complained as I sat up on my bed.

                “I’m sorry. I should’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter