Roses of Progression

Roses of Confidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Bold means spoken in English

 

Chapter 2: Roses of Progression

 

           Here, I find myself standing in front of her desk with trembling hands again. My shaking fingers found their way into my uniform jacket pocket and fished out yet another heart filled note. It made its way to the zipper of my backpack and took out three roses for her. I breathed deep breaths to exhale the nerves I had brewing out from within me. I put the four items down into her desk drawer this time. I walked out shakily and patted down my thumping heart. This would be the only instance I would allow my fragile figure to unravel on its own without restraint. Never would I show this weak side of me to anyone, aside from my sister and my two closest companions; Hyoyeon and Chaerin. Even with them it's still hard to untangle what I've kept hidden under wraps for so long.

           Yesterday, I did the same as I did the day before. I don't know why, but every time I step an uneasy foot into this institution with such items in my possession, my demeanor drops like the rain from the sky; slowly but surely. Each one of my friends in our little, tight knit clique, were busting their brains out to understand and discover who the mysterious person behind the note and roses were. A smile crept onto my lips as the last person they'd expect to be the "prince charming" would be a girl, let alone her best friend. I should be demoralized, pain-stricken, and depressed by the label Hyo seems to deem on me every day, making sure I'd always be reminded of our friendship, but I'm not. I'm perfectly content. Potential lovers should be best friends before they could love each other whole heartedly. I let my thoughts go astray as I climbed up the tree and sat on my spot before covering myself.

           Spring is leaving me and everyone else for next season as summer rose along the horizon. I looked off into the distance as I watched the sun slowly peak its top above the ocean line. I may not be a morning person but watching the sunrise makes waking up at five in the morning a little more worthwhile but on this strange day, I could be as awake as I could be. Strangely, the school opens at such time for the janitors to clean up before classes begin and to think they'd rather finish later than wake up early. At least that's what I would do.

           Time ticked away and students started trickling through the front gates of the school on the right side. Quite interesting on how I could see so much from this tree. I could even spot Minji groggily rubbing her eyes and carrying a book in the other hand. I bet she's early to finish some homework. Students kept coming and before I knew, the girl I grew so fond of appeared at the bottom of the tree looking at me with curiosity.

           "Wow. For the first time, I don't have to wake you up." She spoke in surprise.

           I lifted my blanket off of my body, letting the chilly morning breeze meet my bare legs. I shoved it into my bag and hung it routinely. I looked down at her and she was ready with arms wide open. A loving smile graced my lips at such a sight and I couldn't help but feel the warm tingles embracing my heart. She smiled her signature v-shape to me and I jumped into her arms. I bet you were thinking of the whole shibang with legs dangling on one side and arms around her neck but no. She caught me realistically, just like a tight bear hug before my feet touched the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter