Jongdae

❄ 12 Miracles of Christmas ❄

◇◆Jongdae oneshot◆◇

"Pack lots of warm clothes,” Jongdae said over his shoulder, as he folded another shirt into his suitcase. You looked over your shoulder at him as you rummaged through the closet and nodded, even though he couldn’t see you.

“Where are we going anyways?” You asked, holding up one of your favourite long sleeve shirts and a turtleneck. You couldn’t decide which to bring, so folded both tops neatly and placed them in the suitcase.

Jongdae shut his own suitcase with a click and turned towards you, “Well, I’m done packing,” he announced, but when he saw that you were still packing, he shook his head, “We’re going skiing! But, really jagi, you don’t need to pack so much.”

“Well, a girl needs clothes for all occasions,” you huffed, folding a pair of skinny jeans and placing it neatly into the suitcase, “And, you said to ‘pack lots of warm clothes’ too.”

He laughed and hugged you around your waist, rocking you from side to side. “I didn’t mean this much! We’re only going for three days and two nights. You’ve packed enough for a week,” he said, resting his chin on your shoulder. His breath tickled you and you squirmed in his embrace.

“Yah, let go. I need to pack my toiletries!” you lightly jabbed an elbow into his stomach and he groaned a little from the impact. He let go of you and you hurried off to the bathroom. You packed both his and your own toothbrushes, face towels, toothpaste, soap, shampoo and every other girly essential. You came back out, holding up his toiletry bag for him and placed your own into the suitcase, zipping it up and locking the zippers with a decisive click of the mini padlock.

“Done?” He asked, as you sat down on the bed. You nodded and patted the space beside you. Jongdae chuckled and sat down, wrapping his arms around you again. “We’ll be leaving to catch the jet tonight. Ready to spend our Christmas skiing?”

“I don’t know… I’ve never skied before,” you frowned, tilting your head to the side in thought.

“Really?” he muttered in disbelief, “Then you haven’t truly lived!”

***

You were now standing at the base of the green ski slope, and you looked up at how high it seemed. “Oh my god, I-I don’t th-think this one l-looks easy at all,” you whined, looking over at Jongdae.

He laughed and waved you over with his ski pole and you hobbled over, afraid that you might trip over your own skis. Jongdae bit his lip to try and hold back the laughter from watching you concentrating so hard on just walking over to him. “I told you to put the skis on after you got to the top,” he rolled his eyes and you made a face.

The next chair on the ski lift came closer and closer as you stood there, legs shaking slightly just thinking about the height. The chair scooped both of you up into its hold, with you letting out a little squeal of surprise. Jongdae lifted the hand that wasn’t holding his ski poles, and pulled down the bar to keep the both of you from falling off. You were so scared, your face going pale and your hold on the bar so tight that it hurt but you didn’t want to let go, that you didn’t realise you had gone still until Jongdae pulled out his phone and snapped a picture of your face.

“Huh? Wha-?” you blinked in confusion, when you saw that he was sniggering at the picture of you on his phone, “Hey! Why’d you take such a bad photo of me?”

“Haha, don’t worry jagi. I’ll take plenty more on this trip!” He laughed, tucking the phone back into his pocket. Normally, you would have reached out at him and tried to delete the photo but your fear of heights was getting to you.

The rest of the way up to the top, he had experimented with you by rocking the chair making you scream and attempt to lash out at him; sing Christmas carols that made you cringe at the second-hand embarrassment; holding hands in silence and admiring the view of the mountains, and a few affectionate pecks on the cheeks and lips every once in while resulting in fits of giggles and bliss.

When the chair stopped at the top, Jongdae jumped off first before lifting you off as well. He took your hand in his and led you to the top of the slope where laughing children and their parents were putting on the necessary equipment. You cringed a little at the sight, as the pair of you seemed to stand out among the crowd of children. You turned to face him, looking a little helpless but he squeezed your hand and led you to where a skiing instructor stood with a bunch of teenagers. You groaned internally as he patted your back and whispered, “I booked you a lesson for today so that later, when you’re better, we can ski together!”

He shook hands with the instructor, saying, “Take care of her! She is like a delicate china doll.” They both chuckled, much to your annoyance before Jongdae headed off to a more advanced slope.

You sighed and introduced yourself to the female instructor. She patted your shoulder and gave a wry smile, “I know how you feel,” she said, “Before I became an instructor, my husband did the same thing to me. Now look at me! I’m good enough to teach.” She gave you another firm pat then stood in front of the group of children.

“Alright! Let’s begin your lesson!” She shouted, the children cheering loudly. Throughout the rest of the morning, you learnt all the basics to skiing and was more often than not, used as an example to the children, being called, “This noona will show you how it should and should not be done,” and then ending up being pushed slightly to demonstrate how not to fall, how to hold the ski poles correctly, how to stand and position one’s self, how to stop and so on. You were so tired by the time the instructor called lunch that you only flopped into the snow, too exhausted to stand and move anymore.

A head popped into your field of vision, “Yo! How was it jagiya?” Jongdae asked, sitting down beside you in the soft snow.

“Meh,” you mumbled, too tired even to form coherent words.

“Come on, I finished early and ordered lunch,” he stood, brushing off the snow and leaned over, holding out a hand for you to take. You sighed and let him pull you up, and ended up being pulled a little too hard and was caught by him. You blushed despite the cold, and he smiled, knocking his forehead against yours, “Let’s go,” he said.

***

“No way am I going down there,” you shook your head vehemently, determined not to ski.

“Well, you’ve already learnt what you need to know, so now you need to practice to get better,” Jongdae tugged on your hand to follow him. You only resisted more.

After you had eaten a delicious lunch, your boyfriend had pulled you back outside to play. He had insisted that you practice skiing to ‘improve your skills so that I can race you’ quote unquote, only now, you saw that he had switched to a snowboard and had a camera in hand.

“Where did you get that anyways?” You pointed at it.

“I bought it before we came!” He reached out and gave you an encouraging push towards the slopes.

You toppled dangerously at the edge, regaining your balance and decided, to hell with it, you might as well just ski anyways. You were already here, so why waste it? You bent your knees and leant forwards a little, pushing off with the ski poles to begin your journey downhill.

All the while, Jongdae followed behind you, filming you as you successfully made your way downhill without falling over – wait, no, you finished by landing face forward into the snow. He laughed heartily, clutching his stomach as you slowly re-emerged from the snow, the white powder coating your beanie and front. “You should see your face!” he laughed, nearly falling over while the camera continued to film everything.

“Shut up!” You snarled, standing up and brushing off the snow angrily. You weren’t exactly angry at him, you were more angry at yourself for showing such an embarrassing side to him.

“You’re cute when you’re angry,” he said, sliding over and taking your hand in his, “Let’s try again, alright? I promise you will get better.”

“Pinky promise?”

“Pinky promise,” he said, locking his pinky with yours.

The rest of the day went by similarly, progressing with less and less falls from you and increasing shouts of encouragement from him. You were beginning to smile more at what you had achieved and jumped happily with him when you had finally skied downhill without a fall or a wobble. “Yay! I did it! I did it!” You high-fived Jongdae and gave him a kiss on the nose as thanks. “Thank you for cheering me on,” you said shyly.

***

The rest of your holiday at the slopes was just as exciting. You became better at skiing and on Christmas Day, you woke up bright and early, ready to spend your final day racing your boyfriend. The day before you had spent filming him on the slopes as an agreement allowing him to film and take photos of you. Today, you would finally both be skiing together.

You sat up in bed, looking out the window at the sunrise gracing the horizon with its presence and lighting the room in a warm orange. You looked down to Jongdae who was sleeping peacefully, an arm around your waist. Now, he groaned a little, rubbing his eyes cutely before looking up at you with a sleepy smile. You would never get used to this. “Good morning,” you chirped.

“Mmm, good mornin’,” he replied, wrapping his arm around you more tightly, and snuggling his face closer to you. “You smell nice,” he muttered.

“Pfft,” you ran a hand through his soft brown locks, loving every minute of watching him slowly wake up. “Wakey wakey~,” you sang-song, slowly peeling his arm off of you.

“Nng, just another 5 minutes,” he mumbled, a hand grabbing your shirt.

***

“Merry Christmas!” You shouted, throwing a snowball at Jongdae. He ducked and threw one right back at you, hitting you on your head. “Yah!”

You had both just finished your racing – your skills too lacking to compete with him and a promise that next time, you will definitely win – and were just being silly, rolling around the snow and throwing snowballs at each other. You shouted again, “YAH! Come here, pabo!” You chased after him, an armful of snowballs ready to be launched.

He stuck out his tongue at you and you used this chance to dump the snow over his head. Jongdae looked up at you with a mischievous glint in his eye before tackling you into the snow. “Hah! Take that!” he said triumphantly, pinning you to the ground.

“So, what’s my Christmas present?” You blinked up at innocently, and pouted.

“You’ll see when we get back to our room,” he winked, and you shoved snow into his face.

“Ew, gross.” You laughed as he spluttered, the snow getting into his mouth and when he had gotten rid of most of it, he gave you a playful glare.

“We’ll see about that,” he said, capturing your lips with his. For a heated moment, you were too happy to care about the world, lost in the bliss that was his lips. “Wanna go back now?” he asked, pulling back from you.

“Alright,” you shrugged reluctantly, but attacked him with another onslaught of snow, “Gotcha!”


La!^^ Double update! Whoot! ^^ this is so I can catch up on the days I missed posting up the one shot. Anyways, enjoy! ♥