Chanyeol

❄ 12 Miracles of Christmas ❄

◇◆Chanyeol oneshot◆◇

 

You sat on the bench just a few metres away from the row of supermarket checkouts. For some reason, you hadn’t left to go home and do your chores. You just wanted to chill and relax, too lazy to really do anything. Your gaze wandered around again, bored but observant.

A new cashier had just started his shift and you watched with renewed interest. You had already seen about 2 people changing shifts by sitting there for at least 3 hours. Every one of the other staffs bored you with their lack of enthusiasm and you wondered if they even enjoyed their job, but you supposed it wouldn’t be that interesting anyway.

However, this new cashier was more interesting. He would smile and greet the customers, making small talk with them, even with the less happier customers. He would then bow and say goodbye as they left before repeating the whole process again and again.

The longer you watched this guy, the more fascinated you were with his inexhaustible eagerness to serve the customers. His smile never wavered and you couldn’t tear you eyes away from the brightness that seemed to radiate from him. But when you did move your gaze away from his smile, you were dazed by the way he looked.

He was tall with long legs like a model, his brown hair slightly curled at the tips and around his ears. Now those were the most curious ears you had seen. They stuck out quite a bit but you smiled when you saw how well they suited him; his ears almost made him look like a giant elf with the green apron he was wearing.

You decided to say hi to this interesting person. With your hands in your pockets, you walk up to his checkout. He was just saying bye to the last customer, and as they left he stretched. As his sleeves had been rolled up, you saw that he was well muscled – just enough that he looked healthy.

You looked around to make sure no-one else was around and approached him, “Hi,” you greeted. He turned when he heard your voice and you had to crane your head to look at him – he was that tall. You were a mere 160cm, so it was pretty hard for you to see him at eye level compared to his

“Oh, hey,” he replied, and you were pleasantly surprised by his deep voice. It wasn’t so deep that it sounded like an old man or something; just enough that it made you tingle on the inside. “What’s up? Do you need help?” he asked.

“Ah no, not really,” you blinked unsure of what to say. You had just randomly approached this guy for no real reason and you were stuck for words. He was much more handsome on closer inspection and you felt as if your heart had sped up a little. “…I just felt like talking to you.”

He chuckled and leaned against the counter. “Well, nice to meet you! I’m Chanyeol,” he said, holding out a hand to shake. You took his hand and shook it, your own petite hands swallowed up his larger, warmer ones.

You told him your name and he grinned. “I like your name,” he said, and you blush a little. “Let’s be friends!” You nodded and he patted your head. “You’re like a small kitten,” he laughed.

“Eh? Really?” It was the first time someone said you resembled an animal and you were a little embarrassed. “Um, you have a customer.”

Chanyeol turned his head and saw that you were right. “I’ll talk to you after this, okay?” he whispered and went about his work.

***

As soon as Chanyeol finished his work, he went with you to the park. The two of you had grown a little closer from all the talking you did between the customers he served until the end of his shift, when he went to get changed. After, he came out and you both continued to chat away until you reached the park.

You spotted the playground and headed towards it. “Come! Let’s play on those!” You giggled, running to the swings. He loped after you, catching up easily with his long legs.

“Wait for me!” he hollered. You were already on the swing and moving it with the push and pull of your legs.

“Chanyeol-sshi! Can you push me?” You asked, fluttering your eyelashes. He only laughed and came up behind you, pushing you hard enough that it seemed as if you were flying through the air.

“You’re like a little kid, you know that?” He said, after you had stopped swinging.

Both of you were sitting on the swings, swinging aimlessly and talking. “Well, actually yes I do. I like being younger than my age,” you replied.

“Hmm, how old are you then?” he asked.

“Eh… why should I tell you?” You teased. “Try and guess!”

“Hmm,” he tapped his chin in thought, “Maybe you’re 15? No, that would be too young and I would look like a pedo. Ah, 17? 19?”

“Haha, you already do look like a pedo with your height compared to me!” You pointed out.

He looked at you with wide eyes, “What? No way! You’re just short, squirt,” he poked your side.

You squirmed and then poked him back. This led to the two of you tickling each other silly on the grass and forgetting about the time. Chanyeol sat up, and checked his watch. “Ah! It’s already dinner time! I better go back soon,” he said, looking at you.

“Meh. I’ll go back later,” you said, still lying on the floor.

“I’ll take you home. It’s dangerous for a girl to be out so late!” He scolded, standing up then pulling you up as well.

You conceded and let him walk you home. It was a much quieter journey home compared to the walk to the park before. You wondered why but left the thought hanging as you had a good, fun day and didn’t want to ruin it with pesky thoughts. The lights of your house were on and you stopped at the gate. “This is my stop,” you said.

“Alright! Well, see you around then!” He smiled and waved goodbye. You watched him walk away, stop then turn back around and walk towards you.

“Did you forget something?” you asked when he stopped in front of you. You blinked at him in confusion as Chanyeol rummaged around his pocket.

“Is it okay if I exchange numbers with you?” he asked hopefully.

You pretended to be thinking, taking your time to answer him. “Hmm, alright then,” you replied with a smile and told him your number. Chanyeol gave you his and then left with a “I’ll call you sometime!”

***

You continued to meet with Chanyeol over the next few weeks, when he told you to especially leave Christmas Eve or Christmas Day free. You agreed to be free on the Eve and crossed the days off your calendar as you waited.

Your relationship with him wasn’t like a couple but it was more than just friends – the middle ground. You liked being his friend and your heart would beat a little faster every time he got too close but you weren’t sure whether to tell him, “I like you,” or not.

When it was the morning of Christmas Eve, you quickly got dressed in a woollen sweater dress and thick stockings, boots, scarf and coat. Your phone beeped and you read the message that Chanyeol had sent. Meet me at the park we went to the first time :D, Yeol. He had ended the message with an emoticon and his nickname that you had given him, making you smile.

***

You sat on the swings like the first time, swinging your feet back and forth as you waited for Chanyeol to come. You had arrived early, the snow that had settled overnight glistening white with barely any footprints visible in it. Kids came and went; you watched them build snowmen and throw snowballs at each other, some playing on the snow covered playground equipment. You stayed on the swings.

A little boy came up to you, “Pretty noona. Why are you here by yourself?” He asked. You patted his head and smiled.

“I’m waiting for a friend,” you replied.

He gave you the snowball that he was holding and smiled, “Then I bet your friend will come before this melts!” he said before running away.

You looked down at the compacted ice in your hands and hoped that what the little boy said was true.

You waited and waited. Your stomach was grumbling in hunger as it neared lunchtime. You pouted and continued to swing slowly. Someone tapped your shoulder and you leaned back, looking at the person upside down. Only, you saw a bouquet of flowers above you. You frowned and turned around properly to see who it was.

“Turn that frown upside down!” Chanyeol smiled, “Sorry I’m a little late.” He scratched the back of his head with his free hand then sat on the empty swing beside you.

“Where have you been then?” you asked.

“Here, for you. Merry Christmas,” he said, giving you the bouquet as well as a neatly wrapped box. “My noona was fussing over me, so I took longer than was need to get ready.”

You looked up and saw that indeed, he looked neater than his usual casual, happy virus self – his hair was brushed neatly and his clothes looked as if they had been pulled out of a fashion runway. “Ah, I see,” you giggled and looked down at the gifts in your hands. “What’s this?”

“You’re Christmas present,” he said, stretching out his long legs.

“Okay…” you muttered and carefully peeled open the gift while juggling the flowers as well. “Can you hold these for a moment?” You asked him, holding out the flowers.

He nodded and took them from you. You continued to pull away the wrapping paper and opened the lid of the box. Inside was tissue paper that covered something and you pushed those aside as well. There, nestled in the tissue paper was a plush toy kitten. Its fur was a snowy white and it had red ribbon tied around its neck. It was wearing glasses as well and you laughed at how cute it looked.

“Do you like it?” he asked quietly.

You smiled at him and said, “Yes. It’s adorable!” You hugged the toy to your chest and snuggled your face against it. “I love it very much. Thank you, Yeollie!”

He coughed and handed the flowers back to you, taking the box and folding all the paper back inside then giving that back to you as well. You could see that the tips of Chanyeol’s ears had turned a bright red and you giggled. “Merry Christmas, Yeollie,” you said. He only nodded and fidgeted with his hands. You kissed his cheek and watched as his ears turned an even more intense red and laughed.

“Yeah,” he coughed while blushing.

 


How was this? Is it okay? ^^ i hope you all enjoyed! (Had to double update since I forgot to update on Saturday... and so on... haha)

Do comment as well~