Rage

The Lost Prince
Embedded image permalink
Chinen knew what was coming when a guard came to tell that Ainosuke summoned him. he dragged his feet with a heavy heart to his chamber with Yuto and Daiki tailing him close behind. Daiki has alerted Yuto about Chinen hiding something from all of them, something that could potentially anger Ainosuke and endanger his own life. the worried buddies wanted to make sure that nothing regrettable will happen.
 
Chinen entered the chamber and immediately he was attacked by a sword that came fiercely at him. pinned to the wall with the sword pierced right beside his face, he looked into Ainosuke's fiery eyes that stared at him as if he's set on killing him. those comforting and soothing eyes from yesterday disappeared, and what's left is the anger and confrontational stare
 
"Your highness! Ainosuke! nooo!" Yuto and Daiki dashed in after realising the commotion.
 
"I didnt ask the 2 of you to come in! GET OUT!" Ainosuke turned towards the 2 intruders. Daiki and Yuto were both shocked as they have never seen their King in such rage.
 
"please, your highness, whatever Chinen did, I'm sure he has his reasons. please don't doubt his loyalty to you." Daiki kneeled on behalf to seek for forgiveness, and Yuto followed suit. 
 
Ainosuke refocused his gaze at Chinen and tried slowing down his breathing. "okay, I give you 1 minute to explain yourself! and you better not be hiding anymore stuff from me!"
 
Chinen only looked down, avoiding everyone's eyes while the sword beside continues to intimidate him. 
 
"Chinen, quick. just explain whatever difficulties you may have. I'm sure your highness will understand~" Yuto urged Chinen to come clean,but only to be silenced by Chinen's acknowledgment to all allegations made against him.
 
"Ryutaro is right. I intercepted and deliberately diverted his search."
 
Ainosuke clenched his fist and tightened his jaw, as he tried desperately to hold on to his temper before he does any irreversible damage to Chinen.
 
"YOU!!!"
 
"but~ I did it because I didnt want you to continue living in darkness!"
 
"I'm in darkness because of people like you!"
 
"Ainosuke~ it's pointless looking for Mirai. the past cannot be reversed. finding her will only bring more pain to yourself and the people around you, Riko and Daichi who only yearned for you to give them a bit of attention. You said I'm like your little brother right, I see you as my elder brother too, and you know how much it hurts me to see you trapped in your past. the only way to relieve you from the pain is to stop you from looking for something that will never come back. Mirai will not wanna see you like this too" Chinen became so emotional that for once Yuto and Daiki saw streams of tears running from his eyes. they felt the unconditional brotherly love Chinen habour towards Ainosuke and felt touched, but Ainosuke was too heated up at this point to realise Chinen's pure intentions.
 
"I'm gonna find her and make sure I repay her for every sacrifice she has done for us! she deserved much better, not all these humiliations."
 
"Ainosuke, you don't get it. you are no longer in the position to give her anything! circumstances are set in a way that you cannot do anything for her anymore!"
 
"SHUT UP! I don't wanna hear your preaching!" Ainosuke withdrew his sword from the wall and then pull it back as though he's gonna stab Chinen by the heart, but Yuto and Daiki rushed forth and restrained their King.
 
"please, Ainosuke. Whatever Chinen did may be wrong, but he meant well. please let him go this time. for the sake of his past commitments, for the sake of friendship and brotherhood, please forgive him for once" Daiki tried to convince.
 
"you've disappointed me, Chinen Yuri! I was wrong about you! you lied to me! and I thought you understood me most!... instead you turned out to be worst than a stranger!"
 
Chinen saw tears in Ainosuke's eyes so he knew he has deeply hurt Ainosuke with his 'betrayal' and that he's not gonna rationally listen to whatever explanations he has. at the same time, this also breaks his heart as it seemed to signal the end of a brotherhood, and he'll probably not be able to treat the King as his elder brother or expect to be treated like a younger brother from now on.
 
"since you have so much time to meddle into my matters and stepped beyond my boundaries, took my kindness for granted and broke my rules, then I guess these extra time you have should be better spent. I hereby send you, in place of Ryutaro, to lead the spies for the Akunami mission." Chinen could feel his limbs weaken at the thought but still he accepted his fate, whereas his 2 other buddies protested.
 
"Ainosuke, please retract your order. it's too risky for Chinen. He is not trained in spying. He'll get himself killed. Ryutaro and his spies on the other hand have spent their whole life building the skills, Chinen won't be able to keep up." Daiki and Yuto explained.
 
"really? You guys are underestimating Chinen's capability. I'm sure his father has trained him well for all circumstances. Besides Chinen has always performed well in combats and agility."
 
"but spying is different. it takes more than agility." Yuto continued to argue, but effort is futile if the subject himself gave up.
 
"I will carry out the task as instructed, your highness" Chinen knew he has denied himself of the kindness of the King and now, he has to restore the formalities of the king-minion traditions and rules. and by so, it means that whatever instructions passed have to be undertaken without questions.
 
"I don't wanna see you. get out now!" he turned away from Chinen in disgust and then to Yuto and Daiki "and the 2 of you, convey to the rest that anyone who abuse my trust or act against my orders like how Chinen did, You can be sure my punishment will not be light."
 
Yuto and Daiki saw Chinen retreated alone from the room and disappeared behind the doors. they continued to beg for a retraction of his orders.
 
"I say the last time, I want the 2 of you OUT! I could have punished you for breaking in without my permission." Ainosuke was so furious that Yuto and Daiki have no choice but to accede to his request before they too get punished. 
 
the moment the room left one occupant, Ainosuke slumped onto the ground with his legs spread out and his back leaned on the door. tears finally rolled down from his eyes as he thought about being betrayed by his closest confidant. well, he knew he wasn't betrayed, he perfectly understood Chinen's good intentions, but he couldn't bring himself to accept being lied to by his closest friend. he felt like there's no one who understands him, now that Yu, Mirai, and Chinen have left one after another. 
tumblr_lzpkjc9OYl1rpdrxxo3_250.gif
 
*****
"Chinen! we will persuade him, just stay awhile more. he didnt ask for you to leave immediately!" Daiki and Yuto tried to retain Chinen who is preparing his horse for set off, while Hikaru and Yabu stood motionless at the side.
 
"if I don't go now, i won't be able to reach Ryutaro and the group before they set off. anyway, I received my orders and there's no reason for delay." Chinen ignored Yuto and Daiki's persuasion and was about to set off when Yabu sternly held him back.
 
"Chinen~you're reckless and foolish for intercepting on his plans in that way, you could have discussed with us. but I never consider this wrong. I know it's done out of the love you have for Ainosuke, in fact we all love him and wanted to do just like you, but in the end, you were the only one who courageously did it. I just wanna say ... thank you for watching over him"
 
"Yabu~"
 
"and now, I want you to take care of yourself. you know better that this mission is dangerous even for Ryutaro, so an untrained person like you, you've got to stay 101% alert. you understand?"
 
"yes, Yabu" Chinen gave a formal bow, only to be pulled into Hikaru's embrace, followed by Daiki and Yuto.
 
"minna~ sayonara. I'll be back in a blink of an eye"
 
"you better do so. stay safe and come back in one piece" Daiki added. as soon as all the heartfelt confessions are over, Chinen took off on his horse. once his horse past that one window that stood warmly at a highest point of the palace, seemingly glaring at him, he slowed down and uttered a soft goodbye before speeding up. the King stood behind the window and looked at his little brother disappear into the dense forest. his mind conflicted with his heart and his hands clenched into a fist to fight back his tears. 
064ed1e2b75fd8f49f52c955a69e2229Embedded image permalink
*******
"Ryutaro!" after what seemed like hours of non-stop traveling, Chinen could finally see a fortress with a familiar figure standing at the entrance.
 
"Chinen! it must be a tiring journey. come, lets get you something to eat while we talk over." he ushered Chinen into the fortress and showed him the best hospitality.
 
"Chinen, I'm sorry I got you into this. I had to report to him, but I swear I expected him to think rationally given your close relationship with him"
 
"it's understandable. I betrayed his trust and now I have to pay the price. the punishment he meted his justifiable, and I'm not blaming anyone for this. you're merely doing your job."
 
Ryutaro sighed and proceeded with more serious items on the list.
 
"this mission is extremely dangerous, one wrong move can ignite an unpredented war which will not do Aoihoshi much good. our identity must be kept a secret and if any of us were to be arrested, we have to do all we can to conceal the mission and our identity."
 
"this means to commit suicide before they could get anything out of us"
 
Ryutaro nodded "but you don't have to worry about this..." he turned towards the door and summoned another person in. a guy who resembled him but looked a little tougher walked in, and instantly he knew the person.
 
"ah, Morimoto Shintaro. it's a long time since we met" Chinen greeted with a smile.
 
"greetings, Chinen" he bowed formally.
 
"my brother will look after you throughout this mission, so you'll be safe"
 
"no,Ryutaro. I'm sent here to help, not to add burden. isn't Morimoto's top rule of a spy, is everyone for themselves. even if a comrade is caught, no one is allowed to turn back if it means to jeopardize the survival of the whole clan and the kingdom and bring shame as well."
 
"er..." Ryutaro hesitated for once.
 
"I'm right, aren't I." Chinen spoke with confidence that Ryutaro has to admit that he has the cool of a key general beside the King.
 
"the reason I'm making an exception is because I don't wanna see anything happen to you which will definitely lead to catastrophic reactions back in the palace. you know King Ainosuke is concerned about you. I could tell when I met him that day. his anger was partly because the person was you. if it wasn't, I'm sure he would not hesitate to execute you, but he didnt, instead he restrained himself."
 
Chinen felt his heart wrenched as the angered face of Ainosuke surfaced in his mind.
 
"don't worry. I'll take care of myself. I'm skilled enough to escape myself, so having one person shadowing me will add onto my own burden as well. Ryutaro, you have obviously forgotten the times back at training school where I won you in everything"
 
Ryutaro threw him a deadly stare which caused Chinen and Shintaro to break out in a causal laughter. 
 
an agile person, masked, only revealing the eyes, was standing secretly beside the tent, eavesdropping the very conversation. 
 
it's been a long time, Chinen Yuri.
 
the person uttered with a tone of hostility and nostalgia, with a smirk beneath the mask. the fist tightened as she glared intensely through the tiny hole which showed Chinen. 
tumblr_mv4lj7hMEv1qf4yc3o5_r1_500.jpg
******
the night came which signaled the time for the mission. Ryutaro proudly gathered his 15 spies, as though flaunting his commanding skills to Chinen. Chinen was undoubtedly impressed by Ryutaro as he saw all 15 spies already suited up in black, with only their eyes revealing. even Shintaro was unrecognizable from beneath the cloth. despite so, he was sure there were 2 ladies amongst them, and one of whom has been fixing her gaze at him from the time of the assembling which he did not notice.
 
"this is General Chinen Yuri, he'll join on behalf of me for this mission. I have briefed him. so now, Rememver the primary task here is to gather all information about Akunami's plans on Aoihoshi and also knowledge about their military strength and locations. is that clear?"
 
"yes sir!" everyone shouted in unison.
 
"it's a dangerous mission so every man for themselves. if you are caught, do not divulge your identity and be prepared to terminate your life to protect the secret of your nation!"
 
"yes sir!"
 
Chinen could feel a sudden chill as he sensed like this was a death mission. he was impressed how Ryutaro and his minions could face death so voluntarily and without fear. he took in a deep breathe and prayed he could return in one piece and braced himself for what is coming. Ryutaro took all of that into heart so as soon as the group set off, he whispered to Shintaro "shadow him, and ensure he comes back safely. the King wouldn't be pleased about any mishap that happens to him"
 
"I will." Shintaro promised and then ran after the group, while Ryutaro looked at them disappear before his eyes. deep down, there's a sense of uneasiness he couldn't rid.
 
******
tumblr_mws4wcvHZt1sj7mago1_500.jpgtumblr_mz75xmezsi1r2xf4ao1_250.jpg
"Ainosuke~" Riko entered the  chamber despite the numerous warnings that Yuto gave about it not being the right time to approach the king. he has shut himself after sending Chinen for the mission and has not summoned any of the generals since. but Riko knew that what Ainosuke really need is someone by his side, even if it means to remain silence.
 
She is right. when she entered the room,she saw Ainosuke looking into the night sky and felt a heartache to see his lonely backview. She walked beside him and saw his cheeks slightly pinkish, body shivering. She ran her hands on his arms and realised he was freezing cold.
 
"omg! Ainosuke, how long have you been sitting in the cold?! let me get you something warm" as she turned, a hand grabbed her and pulled her back, causing her to fall right beside him on a tiny bench, just enough to fit 2 persons. His hand continued to maintain a tight grip of her, as if afraid of being alone.
 
"stay with me tonight." he finally said, and Riko saw the cold vapor that escaped from his mouth as he spoke. Riko nodded delightfully as it was undeniably a long time since he asked for her company, and she complied wholeheartedly. She wrapped her arms around his shoulder and gently pulled his head towards her so it leans nicely on her shoulder. She, on the other hand, continued to grip his freehand, hoping for heat transmission to give him at least the slightest warmth to mend his nervous heart. She knew that he was worried for Chinen, but she didn't know what she could say, only that she could only provide him with the companionship at times like this. she remained silence as she knew he needed it. slowly she saw her husband fall asleep in her arms.
 
Grabbing a thick blanket, she tugged herself nicely beside him, leaning on his warm chest, and covering both their bodies with one single blanket. even with such adjustments made, Ainosuke didn't wake up, hence showing how utterly exhausted he was. the whole night, she looked at his face, which was just inches away from hers, seductively tracing her fingers on his face, surveilling his perfect features. 
 
as the night grew, the sound asleep Ainosuke was haunted by a nightmare so real that his heart thumps uncontrollably as it approached the .
Embedded image permalink
*******
the 15 spies and Chinen separated ways as they entered Akunami with the palace as their end goal. just like Ryutaro instructed, Shintaro tailed Chinen closely to ensure his safety, but the former wasn't having an easy time as Chinen was simply too swift and fast it was difficult to catch up. 
 
it didnt take long for the 2 to enter the tight security palace of Akunami and more surprisingly, Chinen managed to slip past the guards and located a weird heavily-guarded chamber. Shintaro has not a single doubt that neither he nor his brother is matchable to the top-notch skills of the top generals of the King. 
 
Shintaro watched closely behind as he saw Chinen take out a catapult looking object and then shooting a rock away from the current location. the rock broke a vase from at least a few chambers away and he continued repeating the process simultaneously. Notably, the guards on duty seemed disturbed and their perplexed expression finally gave way. they ran towards the source of the noise, leaving the chamber unguarded. Without a single bit of time lost, Chinen jumped from the roof and dashed into the chamber, while Shintaro remained his position on the roof, monitoring Chinen's movement.
 
Chinen entered the dark chamber and navigated around using only his sense of touch. navigation in the dark was part of his training when he was young, hence this was nearly a piece of cake for him. he was determined that there should be a document hidden here with all the top secret military classified information, and that he has to get his hands on it to help Ainosuke. He looked upon a shelf of books and felt there was something horribly wrong about the books but no matter how he reasoned, he couldn't identity what's wrong. 
 
"there must be something here..." 
 
he continued staring until he found a book oddly arranged on the neat shelf. "Yatta! this book is so untidily placed that it seemed so off in a shelf of neatly-placed items." the moment he returned the book into order, he expected a secret door to reveal itself. however, he miscalculated the move and immediately, few arrows shot from the hidden traps positioned 360 degrees around and pierced into many parts of his body.
 
Argh.
 
He let out a muffled scream which Shintaro's sensitive ears caught right away. he instantly went after Chinen and entered the room, only to see Chinen with arrows stabbed right into his body. struggling to even maintain his posture and balance, his bloody hands grabbed hold of what seemed like the map of Akunami with markings of it's military posts and the strength.
 
"Chinen~lets get out of here now." Shintaro pulled Chinen's arms over his shoulder and attempted to support his weight.
 
"t-this map is real. he is s-smart to set up traps around, cause only he will k-know to avoid the trap, while intruders will d-die before they can r-reach it. I was too i-impatient not to have seen it coming. it's the 'devil's sabotage' that we learn in training school, r-remember Shintaro." Chinen struggled to speak as blood continued to spill from his mouth and from his multiple wounds with arrows still stuck on them.
 
"Chinen, lets get out first. you're weakening. we need to get you treated."
 
"n-no... Shintaro! you didn't pay attention to what o-our mentor said. if devil's sabotage is activated, it will alert the host guards. they're probably on the way. I'll distract them. y-you take this to Ryutaro, ask him to hand it to A-Ainosuke immediately."
 
"no, I won't leave you alone!"
 
"g-go! or we'll both die in v-vain...and t-this important piece o-of information is too crucial to lose."
 
"Chinen~"
 
"you know we don't stand a chance if you b-bring me along. Remember the spy rule! e-Everyman for himself, so G-Goooo!" footsteps from outside are getting louder and the situation is too pressurizing for Shintaro to reevaluate their chances, but it takes a dummy to know that it'll be impossible to escape together, especially when Chinen is bleeding profusely.
 
"G-Goooo!" Chinen pushed Shintaro towards the door. the latter looked with tears accumulating in his eyes, afraid that Chinen will not be able to make it out alone.
 
"you'll escape too right?!"
 
"yes, I'll be out in a blink of an eye. *cough" Shintaro hardened his heart upon listening to Chinen's assurance and ran out with the document stained with Chinen's blood.
 
As soon as Shintaro made a run for it, Chinen dashed out of the room, deliberately letting himself seen by the approaching guards. 
 
"get him! don't let him get away. he has stolen something important to us!" the head of the guards screamed in hysteria which made Chinen more sure that he has gotten the right piece of information. Chinen tightened his jaw as he tried to withstand the excruciating pain throughout his body and jumped from roof to roof  and ran through the woods. his speed was at least half of his usual and the guards were closing on him fast. Death was looming above him, and all that ran through his mind was memories that were vividly imprinted in his heart.
 
"otousan, will I get to be like you, serving a good master?"
 
"you will, my son~ your master will be twice as good to you as mine, and I know that the relationship between you and your master will transcend beyond the traditions and hierarchy, closely bonded as one" 
 
~
 
"your highness, I'm Chinen Yuri. from today, please count on me. I'll assist you till death." He still remembered the kind smile from Ainosuke that gave him such a lasting impact as he has never seen any ruler who lowered himself to the level of his minion.
 
"I'm Tanaka Ainosuke. I heard you're a year younger than me. i foresee that we'll be good friends...and I forbid you to take your life so lightly. we'll just keep each other safe okay."
 
~
 
"Chii, you know, I never treated you as my minion. you're instead my brother. now that Yu is no longer with me, Riko ceased to be my sister, there's alot that I dunno who to talk to. but there's always you now. sometimes I really wanna protect you."
 
"Ainosuke... me too. pardon me for the rudeness, I really see you as my elder brother. you have saved me numerous time
 
Ainosuke's brotherly hug resurfaced in his mind and the lines he said echoed "lets work hard together, okay Chii? and please be safe whatever that may happen in the future. your work is much more dangerous than mine"
tumblr_n0bleq8qMa1ruar4jo3_250.jpgtumblr_n0bleq8qMa1ruar4jo1_400.jpgtumblr_n0bleq8qMa1ruar4jo2_250.jpg
Such pretty images disintegrated and Ainosuke's extreme rage and disappointment occupied his mind amid his physical pain and fatigue.
tumblr_mk0gwfnOCr1qc5vzdo8_r1_1280.png
he finally reached a dead end, with a grand waterfall behind him. Looking at the guards just steps away from him, he knew his end is near. he shut his eyes and uttered something under his breathe.
 
"Ainosuke... I always wanted to call you neechan. I'm sorry for letting you down, but I really just wanted to help you walk out of the dark. I'm sorry I can't serve you anymore, but I know you'll be fine cause You are really the best King I ever known. goodbye, neechan." he leaned back and the gravity led his body to plunge from the waterfall. "
 
"damnnn~nooo Chinen." tears rolled like an opened tap as Shintaro tried his best to suppress his cries for his dear childhood friend who is almost like his elder brother. he knew the death of Chinen will spell more heartbreaks to the King and the rest, but at this point, it is difficult for him who witness the entire process behind a nearby treetop.
 
"sir, we have to go, or it'll be too late. Akunami will tighten the security and we won't be able to escape." the other spy was right. Shintaro looked at the document on his hand and knew that he can't let Chinen die in vain. he needs to get this piece of information to his brother as soon as possible, on top of the bad news. Shintaro pulled himself together and ran with his minion without turning back.
 
*****
"Ainosuke, are you okay?!" Riko was awakened by Ainosuke who sprung out of bed with his top and forehead drenched with sweat. 
 
"Chinen~ I dreamt that ~ I dreamt that he is killed"
 
"shhh. it's just a nightmare. a nightmare is not true."
 
"it's just a nightmare, right Riko?"
 
"yes. it's just a nightmare. Chinen is fine." before she completed her line, Ainosuke hugged her tightly, so tight that she felt herself suffocating in his arms, but she let him be cause she could sense his traumatic nightmare still haunting.
 
*****
a young man sinked to the bottom of the river, with his heart slowing down and the water around him staining red... before he entirely lost his consciousness and before the water filled his lungs, he saw what-seemed-like-an-angel swimming towards him. she cupped his head, and the next moment he felt a soft tingling touch on his lips. he was too tired to see what was occupying his opened mouth, filling his throat and lungs, not with water but air. all he could see was the shape of the angel and the beautiful eyes, and finally the view before him turned pitch black and he passed out.
 
tumblr_mwtjfegeYd1rgryljo1_500.jpg
*******
Please leave me a comment or 2, and remember to subscribe :D Thank you for your support thus far.