Chapter 11 - if only you listened to me

The Lost Prince

Mirai POV

 
"ohayou gozaimasu" I said to myself as the sun shines in. 
 
I realised my whole body is aching and only then did I recall what happened the night before. 
 
Ainosuke is still asleep on my shoulders.
his defined jawline makes him really one of the hottest prince I've met. his face is flawless, and his eyelashes is surprisingly long.
 
his lips is irresistibly hot... my head uncontrollably move closer to his and my lips helplessly wanted to reach out to his....
 
his eyes opened.
I frantically tried to cover up my dirty thoughts earlier that I hit my head on the pillar which we leaned on. /bang/
 
"Itai~"
he giggled.
 
"Daijoubu?" he rubbed his palms on my head and surveyed.
 
he giggled again.
 
"what's so funny" I answered frustratedly.
 
"everything~ I never seen this side of you before"
 
"lol, there's many sides of me you haven't seen. just yesterday, didnt you see my lustful side?" oh my goodness, I really wanted to dig a hole and bury myself. Why did I say such thing!
 
"heh?" he is shocked by my comment, obviously.
 
I'll just pretend he didnt hear it.
 
"nothing~" I smiled and giggled to pull it off.
 
I stood up and the impact of the hit really give me a bit of dizziness.
 
he held my arms. "it must be a nasty hit"
 
first I kiss him, then we slept beside each other (sort of), and now he held my arms... good progression, Shida Mirai! I thought to myself. it's definitely a start of something new.
 
an electrifying feeling is sent through my nerves the moment he held me. and heat rushed to my face.
 
"Daijoubu? your cheeks are really red."
I frantically shook off his hands and hid my face, "haha, I'm fine. just feeling warm here... don't you? hahaa~ anyway, I'll go wash up and meet you at the meeting room."
 
"heh?" 
 
"and ohayou Ainosuke-kun!"
 
I dashed off to avoid further adrenaline rush. such a heavy morning~
 
...
"ohayou gozaimasu Mirai-san."
"ohayou Yuto-kun, Yuya-kun"
 
"you are unusually happy today. what happened to make our princess so happy? share the happiness" Yuto asked.
 
"Ainosuke~ he..." I almost poured out my heart to the guys. bad thing that I don't have girl-friends here to share these feelings with.
 
"ohayou, Ainosuke-kun"
 
I opened my eyes wide when they called out. oh my gosh, luckily I didn't blurt it out or it'll be really embarrassing.
I turned behind and there he is standing just behind me.
 
"is your head feeling better? still giddy?" he asked. the rest looked at me in confusion.
 
"I'm~ fine. arigatou"
 
"be careful" he smiled and signaled all of us to enter the meeting room.
 
...
I sat beside him as I listen to his minions - hikaru, Yabu, Yuya, Yuto, Daiki, Chinen, Kei, Keito report Aoihoshi's situation to him.
"The people are starting to believe in you... rumours are spreading that the person going around helping them is in fact the lost prince. Ainosuke, your strategy really worked. they are becoming hopeful that you will save them from the tyrant."
 
"great. and now that the people are on our side, king Minoru technically only ruled any empty shell. it'll be much easier for us to overthrow him with the help of the people" Ainosuke said.
 
"and with the help of Mirai-san and Shiroku, he will not dare harm you a bit" Daiki added.
 
"I must say now, that I want Mirai to be safe. She must not be put in any danger, so protect her as you will protect me. understand?"Ainosuke insisted to his minions
I'm touched by his kind words which i thought he's just plainly saying yesterday. I looked at him with gratitude and realised that he gives me a really strong sense of security.
 
"don't worry Mirai~" he smiled at me.
I smiled back.
 
but our smiles are interrupted by a fellow minion who worked as a spy in the palace.
 
"Ainosuke-sama! bad news!"
 
"Ryutaro? what.. what is it?" he asked while all of us focused our attention on Ryutaro.
 
"Your family~ I mean the Yamada siblings~ they are captured and is awaiting deport to the palace jails for interrogation."
 
"WHAT?!" Ainosuke stood up. he's shaking, I can see it.
I called out to him but he didnt respond.
 
"tell us the whole thing Ryutaro!" Yuya said anxiously.
 
"King Minoru heard the rumours and he immediately traced it to the yamada family. 20 years ago, this King suspected that the Yamada family was hiding something from him, since the Queen made a secret visit to them shortly before the fall of Akiyoshi reign. but he couldn't find out anything, so after killing the adults, he let off their children. I think he finally understood what the secret entails."
 
"then isn't the Queen in danger too?!" Yabu exclaimed
 
"from what I see and hear, the Queen is fine, though I don't know what goes behind those close doors... but she's alive "
 
"Lets gear up and save the 2 arrested yamada!" Ainosuke walked towards the exit impatiently.
 
I rushed behind him,  "wait! shouldn't you sit and plan. this could be part of a devious plot to get you captured. the 2 yamadas could be there to attract you to come out!"
 
"what Mirai-san said is right. there's at least 2-3 dozen of guards escorting them. if we act rashly, we could all be killed" Ryutaro added.
 
"HAVEN'T YOU GUYS HEARD MY ORDERS! let's go! there's no time to waste! I won't let another person die because of me"
 
this line. he said the same line to me yesterday. I finally understand that the clue to his sorrows these 2years could lie in the yamada family who risked and sacrificed their lives to bring him up.
 
"listen... don't put yourself through unnecessary risks... lets think through this carefully and see how we can save them without getting you captured"
 
he shook off my arms violently, " you will never understand how much I owe them. so don't in to my matters. even if I have to die to save them, I will do it, cause I owe them too much!"
 
"but~" the rest protested but to no avail.
 
"this is an order! besides, we'll do fine!" he rebutted.
 
"no I won't let you go! I don't wanna see anything happen to you" I stood in his way.
"Go away! it's none of your business who I wanna save! you don't know anything!" he pushed me to the ground.
 
"yes~ I don't understand anything, cause you never wanted to tell me" I cried. he turned and looked into my eyes...
he seemed like he wanted to apologise and help me up but he walked off with his minions trailing behind.
 
"Mirai-san" Chinen quickly held me up.
 
"we'll protect him~ don't worry" he rushed off after saying.
aside from the overwhelming emotions from the harsh words he uttered, I feel a bad omen.... I am really afraid something bad will happen to him.
 
please be okay, Ainosuke. 
Riko POV
 
"Don't touch my niichan!"
 
"don't touch my sister or i won't let you off"
 
The guards continued to harrase the both of us as they escorted us to the palace. They said the King wants to talk to us regarding Ryosuke nii but between me and Yu, we have decided to follow the path of our parents and will not to divulge anything regarding him. But i feel something is not right, the guards are acting really weird, it is like as though they are stalling for time.
 
suddenly an arrow shot right into the heart of one of the guards around us and 9 hooded men jumped out of nowhere. It is getting weirder, it seemed like they expected the assasins and are happy that they came.
 
There was an intense fight, but in no time, all 30 guards are wiped out. the leader of the assasins grabbed hold of the General by the sleeves and pointed the knife at him. 
 
"Let them go!" he demanded
 
"it is rude to talk to someone this way during the first meet isn't it, Yamada Ryosuke? or should I say Prince Tanaka Ainosuke?" 
 
"niichan?"
 
"Ryo?" 
 
me and Yu are in shock. His swordsmanship, or rather all the assasins were impressive, swift and accurate. these 2 years, niichan has changed alot.
 
"DAMN! It's a trap! RYO RUN NOW!" Yu shouted.
"NANDE?" all the assasins, including Ryo turned and saw a fleet of troops swarming towards them.
In no time, all his assasins were captured.
 
"Don't worry, all I want is you. I will release them if you unarm and surrender to us." the General said. Ryo turned and looked at all of us.
"NO! Ainosuke, don't! ..... save yourself.!" Chinen and Daiki shouted.
 
"AHHH!" the guards brutally bashed them and pinned them to the ground
"Don't hurt them!" he dropped his sword and the guards immediately captured him by tying his legs and arms.
 
"AINOSUKE!"
 
"NIICHAN!"
 
"PRINCE" even the onlookers feel angered as they tried to break into the chaos to save Ainosuke, but to no avail as they were brutally punished.
 
Ryo stared at the General with fiery in his eyes. I have never seen him looking so scary before.
the guards covered him in a sack and lifted him onto the horse. 
 
"it's a warning to all of you not to challenge our wise King. say goodbye to your prince." the General rode the horse with Ryosuke and left.
 
we are all in shock. after a while, they released us. The group looked at us as though we are sinners, but i can understand their feelings now. It's our fault that Ryosuke got captured.
 
"What are we gonna do?! we have to save Ainosuke before that tyrant does anything to him" Yuya shouted.
 
"We've got to rethink this. we need a plan, we cannot make any mistakes again, or we will fail this whole mission." Yabu said.
 
"Yes, let's bring this 2 back. and we discuss about our plan to rescue Ainosuke." Hika added.
 
"Chinen, Daiki, recall all our guards. we need them on standby for an attack" Yuya instructed.
 
"Hai." and they left.
 
Mirai POV
 
"THANK GOODNESS YOU GUYS ARE SAFE" I said as Yuya and the group re-entered the courtroom.
 
I counted the numbers and apart from the 2 unfamiliar faces, I can't seem to locate Ainosuke.
 
"Where is Ainosuke?"
 
"Mirai-san... Ainosuke~he~" Inoo stammered.
 
"SAY!"
 
"Ainosuke~ he is captured by the King. You are right, it's all a trap to get him captured."
 
"Nooo! I knew it... why can't he just listen!" i said
"DAMN! IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO! IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU, HE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CAPTURED." i dashed towards the 2 unfamiliar people.
"i'm sorry ~" the girl answered.
 
"DAMN YOU!" I raised my hands and wanted to give her a slap when Yuto held me back.
 
"Chotto, Mirai-san. I think Ainosuke won't like this. This is Yamada Riko and he is Yamada Yu. They have lived with Ainosuke for 20 years."
I finally understood why Ainosuke was so anxious when he knew they are in danger. He must have felt that he owe the family who has risked their life to bring him up. His deep scar, could it be because of them too?
 
I dropped my hand.
 
"we need a plan to rescue him" Daiki said as he re-entered the courtroom with Chinen.
 
"There's no need to. I'll demand for his release as the Princess of Shiroku. He will definitely release him" I said.
"No. It's too risky Mirai. that tyrant may not. Don't forget, you don't have your army with you now. We cannot take this risk, Ainosuke made us promise him that we protect you at all cost" Yuya said.
 
"BAKA AINOSUKE! why is he protecting me... I should be the one"
 
"Mirai~ Don't worry. You need to recall your Shiroku army now. With them behind your back, along with our guards, he will release Ainosuke. Our guards alone won't scare him, but with yours, he will definitely accede to your request." Yabu added.
 
"Right. And this King, we all know he thinks Shiroku as his ally. Shiroku is much more powerful than failing Aoihoshi. He never dream that Ainosuke is married to the Princess of Shiroku, and he will never have thought that his ally has changed sides. This will surely shock him. He will not want to jeopardise the relationship with Shiroku and put himself in danger" Hikaru analysed.
 
"niichan is married?" Riko asked.
"Gomenasai Riko-san for not informing you guys. This is Princess Mirai from the country of Shiroku. They married for 2 years already,since he left your family" Yuto said
 
"There's no time for self-introduction. I'll get my dad right now. I hope Ainosuke can safely pull through" I said
 
"He will. His peserverance is strong." Yu responded.
"Yes" 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------