09

Worst Days

The look on Minzy’s face is priceless and it only gives Soojung the assurance and satisfaction that her earlier assumptions are correct. Minzy has a crush on Taemin and likes him from the very start. Since when, she doesn’t know. Though she can’t really blame her for picking Taemin; he is quite the charmer. She doesn’t know if she’s the only one who has been enchanted by the boy’s easy smile and handsome face but she really can’t blame them either.

“It’s none of your business whoever I like.” Minzy sneers, narrowing her eyes. Soojung doesn’t miss the faint blush seeping on her cheeks or the fact that she doesn’t even deny liking Taemin. She sCheol Yongks and this raises the Jung’s brow. “Besides, I’m not the only one who has the hots for him.”

Now it is Minzy’s turn to laugh. She has got Soojung on the neck. It seems easy to rile up this little Jung when she needs to. This, Minzy thinks, is going to be an easy battle.

“And so what if I like Taemin? What are you going to do about it?”

Of course, Minzy isn’t really surprise Soojung would admit that she does like Taemin. She’s too easy to read and with that pride—well, who wouldn’t have guessed? “What am I going to about it?” Stepping forward until she is a few meters away from Soojung, she sCheol Yongks. “You’ll see soon enough Jung Soojung. This is war.”

“You’re on.”

 

“What are you guys doing?” Taemin asks, as he emerged from the bathroom. He looks at Soojung and Minzy, who are standing way too close to each other, and tries to push inappropriate thoughts away. Both of them have weird looks plastered on their faces and what is going on with those two? Before he can ask again, Minzy turns to him and smiles.

“It’s nothing Taemint. Just something caught in Soojung’s eye. She asked me to help her out. Right, Jung?”

Taemint? He raises an eyebrow at her label. Minzy hasn’t called him that since they entered junior high.

“Yeah. It’s fine Taemin-ah. No need to worry about it. Minzy and I have gotten it under control.” Soojung states with an affectionate tone in her voice. From when he had first met Soojung, he has never heard her speak so friendly to him. It takes him by surprise.

“Okay.” Taemin answers and the two girls grin so widely that he suddenly gulped. Actually, from the way those two are acting, it does not only surprise him but it also scares him. Women, from what he has seen from his mom, are very scary. Deciding not to find what the hell was wrong with the two, he says, “So… Who’s hungry?”

 

Soojung knows that guys are very gluttonous when it comes to food—she’s seen firsthand when she’s on dates—but Taemin is another thing. Where guys end their snacks on fifth bowl, Taemin will pursue his sixth. It’s like he doesn’t even mind that all those junks are going down his throat to destroy his insides and give him diseases like appendicitis or… cancer. Ah well, she would have to change that once they become a couple.

What the hell—? Where did that thought come from? Soojung must have fallen hard for this Taemin for her thoughts to become so… wild. She used to be so compose and logical but now her mind is all riled up. And this Soojung—it’s so out of character.

“Are those hotdogs? Sweeeeeet!” Taemin yells and runs for the hotdog stand. Soojung sighs for the nth time of the day, causing Minzy to chuckle.

“Is he always like that?”

“Yep. He has one gigantic worm inside his stomach. And he never gets fat. That lucky bastard.” Minzy answers and dashes towards the stand as well. Soojung can only shake her head at their antics. It’s like being surrounded by idiots.

“Soojung?”

Soojung freezes as she suddenly heard her name from a familiar voice. She turns around only to be greeted by a tall man with an amazing smile. He opens his arms and instantly Soojung runs to his direction and pounces on him, hugging his neck.

“Oh my God! Oh my God!” Soojung doesn’t even notice that she has slipped from Korean to English and she’s acting like some little kid seeing Pororo for the first time. “Oppa! Oppa! Oppa! What are you doing here? When have you been back? Where are you staying? How long are you staying? Who are you with? Have you seen sis yet? Ooooooooh! She’ll be excited to see you around!”

The man with the three-toned blonde laughs and messes the girl’s hair. “Wow, I think you’ve just asked me the whole question starters. I don’t know which one to answer first.”

Soojung rolls her eyes and as she is about to answer, Taemin comes up to them with hotdogs in hand and stares at the two with furrowed brows. It’s as if he’s into some kind of distress. He looks at Soojung then at the man next to her and asks, “Who’s he?”

Soojung beams and latches on the blonde’s arm. “This is Jonghyun oppa.”