Careless

Collide

It was early, Chaerin wasn't sure how early, but she had in mind that she slept well, no nightmares or those night terrors in her head. It was hard sleeping at night, having the kind of job she had, but it wasn’t impossible, and this was one of those mornings she could smile knowing she slept the whole night. She turned around, glancing at her phone laying next to her on the bed and grabbed it, checking the hour. It was 8 am, and to her surprised, she had one new text message. She raised an eyebrow and unlocked the screen, scrolling down the notifications panel and touching the new text message.

It was from Jiyong, ‘Thanks for the little talk last night, it helped me a lot. I’m looking forward to see you today, have a great day!’ Chaerin smiled unconsciously as she read the text. After all, he didn’t called to just bother her.

She almost jumped out of bed, feeling re-energized by her full night sleep. Quickly, Chaerin took a shower and got dressed up. She was going to do some research today, so her outfit will consist of black leather pants, black high boots – comfortable, no heels, but fashion – and a black long shirt, the designs were skulls in silver, which she hid with a black leather jacket. She wasn’t thinking of coming back here until later tonight, so better go prepared.

Her makeup was the same as always, but this time, she looked more gothic, maybe it was the clothes, maybe not, she loved it anyways. As she walked out, from her own front door, she heard the door connecting Dara and her suit unlocking. She frowned and looked back, then exited the room quick as she saw a male, Hyunseung, entering her room. She walked quickly towards the elevator, and as she got in, she saw her door opening and Hyunseung saw her on the elevator, she raised an eyebrow and he frowned, just in time before the doors closed. She let go a sigh of relief and rested her back on the elevator’s walls. She knew why she was here, she had attacked verbally her partner after all, but she just didn’t felt like having her mood ruined so early in the morning, even if the bastard who was planning to do so was her own boss.

She quickly walked out of the elevator and towards the lobby, she saw Hyunseung’s bodyguards at the doors, checking every movement made. She stopped abruptly and turned around, running towards the back of the hotel, where the fire exit was, and fortunately, it was close to the parking lot. She ran towards her car, already unlocking the doors and jumped inside of it. She smiled inwardly as she started the engine. The car roared to life, and she drove quickly out of the place.

Without realizing it, she was already at the YG building, entering through the front gates. She cursed in her mind but didn’t turned around, instead, she looked for an empty space and parked her car. Before going out, she took a deep breath, still having that adrenaline rush within her veins. She closed her eyes, calming herself, but her phone rang and all her veins popped again, she cursed and grabbed the phone, it was her boss this time. She her front teeth and answer it, not too friendly.

“What do you think you’re doing?” His voice spoke, he spat every word with anger.

“I was in a rush.” She simply said.

“I could see that, but the question remains, why were you rushing so much? Did you, by any chance, had the urgent need to run towards your beloved man again?” He said, mocking her. “Yes, Chaerin, we know, I know, and it’s most unfortunate, isn’t it?” He said again. She glared at nothing, feeling the need to kill someone.

“You knew?” She simply said, pure hatred on her voice.

“Oh yes, we knew, and I’m impressed Lee Chaerin, I was hoping you would run towards him and hug him, whispering how much you love him, am I right?” He said. She scoffed and looked to the side, there was a car coming, she didn’t paid any attention to it, whatsoever.

“Probably that’s what you wanted, right?” She spoke.

“No, actually is the opposite I want. I want you to destroy him, not just as we had planned; I really want you to destroy him.” He spoke and Chaerin felt herself choking on air.

“I can’t do that.” She said.

“Oh, but you had begun already. Good luck my dear, bye.” He finally said and hung up. She cursed loudly and threw the phone aside. She hit the steering wheel countless times before a knock on her window almost made her break the window and grab whoever was by the neck. She look to the side and saw no other than Jiyong in there. She felt like cursing him, but instead, smiled and opened the door.

“I didn’t expect you so early, are you ok?” He asked worried. Chaerin was sure he heard her cursing and hitting the steering wheel, or at least see the car moving furiously as she hit everything around her.

“I’m fine, thank you.” She said and got out of the car, locking it after her. Jiyong eyed her again, his eyes wide.

“You look peculiar today, if I saw around couldn’t say it was you.” He said and then she cursed again in her mind. She forgot to change the boots and the jacket. She smiled and bowed slightly.

“Let’s say I was in such a rush I forgot I was wearing kick boots.” She said. Jiyong laughed and nodded, turning around.

“Should I you up? Are you heading towards hyung’s office? He won’t be here today until late, he has some schedules out of town.” Jiyong explained. Chaerin bit her inner cheeks and nodded.

“Actually, I feel like going to the studio and chill, if you don’t mind.” She said. Jiyong smiled and shook his head.

“I’m supposed to be alone today, I need to produce some songs, so I guess you can hang there with me, I could use the company.” He said, now they were both walking towards the elevator.

“Are the members busy today?” She asked. Jiyong nodded slightly as he pushed the button on the elevator.

“They all have schedules, I think TOP will be recording for a drama, Seungri’s probably broadcasting today’s events and so are Youngbae and Daesung.” He said. Chaerin smiled and nodded. The elevator arrived and they both got in silently. Jiyong was humming some song while Chaerin eyed him closely. He was again looking like the London Punk guy, wearing a tank top white shirt with a denim black jacket ped, his jeans were dark, but it was full of holes, and the usual high black boots were slightly unlaced, his hair messy arranged, thrown to the back with a handful of hair spray or gel, probably. His hands were decorated with silver and black bracelets, and his neck was shining with two necklaces around it.

The elevator arrived to the 3rd floor, and they both stepped out of it, it was almost automatic, and they both walked towards the studio. It was locked, so Jiyong took out his keys and opened it, letting her walk in first.

“Ladies first” He said and she chuckled and entered. He the lights, it was cold inside, maybe it was because it stayed the whole night locked. “Make yourself comfortable.” He said as he the computers. Chaerin went to the sofa and sat, looking at the guitars next to the computers.

“Jiyong, can I play with your guitars?” She asked. Jiyong turned around and looked at her, then at his guitars and smiled.

“Do you know how to play?” He asked and Chaerin nodded eagerly. He then went and grabbed one of the guitars, a black Gibson, and handed it to her. “Enjoy yourself.” He said and Chaerin smiled and nodded. He turned towards the computers and sat on the chair in front of them, putting on his Beat headphones. Chaerin took out the pick from the top of the arm of the guitar and swiftly played one long note. Jiyong seemed to be ignoring her, so she started playing the only song that she had on her heart right now.

She got so engulfed on the chords that started moving, singing the lyrics she knew by heart and soul. She sang with such emotion and happiness it filled her completely, feeling rejuvenated just by playing the song her best friend wrote with her. Once she finished, she saw that Jiyong was looking at her with eager eyes.

“What?” She said, setting the guitar aside. Jiyong raised an eyebrow at her and smirked.

“It’s not ‘what’, it’s how. How can you be so talented?” He asked. She felt a heat on her face she had not felt in a long time and looked to the side, the mirror in front of her reflected her face blushing, and she suddenly felt embarrassed.

“My only entertainment was my guitar when I grew up, and my best friend happened to love music, so we spent almost our whole time playing and composing songs.” She said. She turned to him, saw him smiling.

“I take it your friend’s name is James, isn’t him?” He asked. She nodded, curious and anxious, why would he know such an information about her?”

“How do you know?” She asked the question she hated the most.

“I supposed. That song right now it was composed by him, wasn’t it?” He asked. She nodded, again worried by his knowledge.

“Jiyong, you’re being nosy on me?” She asked. He laughed and grabbed the guitar.

“Not at all, James, or Jamie now, is a friend of mine, and he happened to be the one who wrote that song. He did said he composed it with a friend, he never said who. I guess now I know.” Jiyong said and extended his hand, gesturing her to give him the pick. She did, feeling completely in front of him.

“Jamie?” She said. “I’m sorry, I lost contact with him long ago, I have no idea of his whereabouts right now.” She said and Jiyong smiled nodding, he crossed his legs and got comfortable, the guitar resting on his thigh as he started playing.

“He’s an actor now actually, his stage name is Jamie Campbell Bower. But I’m curious, if you grew up with him, weren’t you supposed to be raised on England and not the U.S?” He said. Chaerin choked on her saliva and started coughing. Jiyong put the guitar aside and grabbed a bottle of water from his little fridge and handed it to her.

“I’m sorry.” She simply said and grabbed the bottle of water. “You’re right, I didn’t told you the whole truth, I’m so sorry.” She said. He smiled and shook his head.

“How can you tell me everything when we barely met each other? To get even, I have an older sister.” He said. Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“I’m a Korean born in England, but when I was seventeen, my father moved towards the States, and that’s when I lost contact with James.” She said. Jiyong nodded and grabbed the guitar again. Chaerin felt stupid, it was the first time the truth about her slipped out of , and to her someone who was supposed to be her job.

“So you’re just Korean because your parents are, right?” He said, playing soft chords on the guitar. She nodded.

“Can we talk about something else, please?” She said and Jiyong shook his head.

“Not talk, sing, let’s sing.” He said and started to play a song, a different one, but Chaerin remembered the chords just fine. This one happened to be the song James wrote when his first girlfriend broke with him, and there she was, comforting him while writing songs. She felt bitter, but also happy she could share those happy years with him, her brother, and her soul mate.

Jiyong and her both sang the lyrics perfectly, both their voices in perfect harmony with the chords of the guitar, enjoying the moment, sharing peace with the music they both loved. As the song ended, Chaerin felt uncomfortable, it wasn’t right, she felt the wrongness of this in her bones. She wasn’t supposed to get involved, but now, she was singing with him songs from her past, I couldn’t be careless, she thought.

Quickly, she stood up, bowing in front of him. “I have to go.” She said and turned around. Jiyong stood, guitar on hand and reached for her.

“Chaerin, I’m sorry, please don’t go.” He said grabbing her hand. Chaerin gulped and turned around slowly. There was something about him that made her feel so sure, so confident and protected, so protected she dropped her guards, spilling everything that was her in front of him. She shook her head and turned, before she could tell him anything else.

“No, Jiyong, I… I have to go somewhere, and I totally forgot, I still have work to do. I’ll call you, thanks for everything.” She said and opened the door, almost running out of the studio, leaving Jiyong looking at her leaving. She didn’t bother in waiting for the elevator; she entered the stairs and ran down, ignoring every careless thought of going back to him, to Jiyong.