A Life Without You

Collide

James was slowly dragging Chaerin out of the building, they still needed to eliminate the source of the plan for them to be finally free, but Chaerin couldn’t get a hold of herself. She wanted to fall somewhere on a hard, cold concrete and just stay there until hunger takes her life away, until sickness slowly kills her, or even until someone stabbed her to death, everything was better than to face the sour truth of Jiyong hating her for something she has just realized.  As they exited the building, Chaerin looked around, hoping to find the silhouette of the man she has come to love, and the man she was suffering for, but to her disappointment, he was nowhere to be seen. Seungri had left after Jiyong, and Hyunsuk had told them what they should do and who they should meet and also left, leaving Dara, Chaerin and James with the hardest mission they could ever confront.

Chaerin stopped, and James almost fell as she swiftly got out of his hold. He widened his blue eyes at her and extended his hand. “What’re you doing?” He asked her with the softest voice he could muster. She shook her head and rested back on the wall, just outside the building.

“Why are we doing this?” She said and Dara, who had turned around hastily the moment she realized she was alone, frowned at her.

“Why? Because if we don’t they’ll kill us, if we don’t do it, none of us will be free.” She said and Chaerin scoffed.

“Does that even matters?” She said and James slapped her, and both Chaerin and Dara widened their eyes, Chaerin put a hand on her cheek as she looked at him with a shocked expression.

“Haven’t we all lost something in battle? Haven’t we all given up on our opportunities to keep going? Why should we feel sorry about you losing him when we had lost so much because of you?” He said, to which Chaerin scoffed, slowly straightening herself.

“Because of me? Did I ever ask you to give up on your opportunities for me? Wasn’t you the one who wanted to protect me, oh mighty English ?” She hissed. James smirked while nodding, unaffected by her insults.

“No, but I’m here because I love you. Dara’s here because she cares, we’re all on this boat babe, and we’re all losing everything as the seconds pass, don’t you think we feel sorry for Jiyong? Don’t you think I’m sorry and worried about him? He’s a friend of mine, of course I’m worried, but that doesn’t means I can just give up because of him.” James said, and Dara nodded at his statement. Chaerin, however, just started crying again, her knees failing to hold her any longer, as she fell to the floor. James kneeled in front of her, slowly caressing her head as he did.

“I can’t do this anymore…” Chaerin said and James shook his head.

“You can… you will…” He whispered and Chaerin shook her head. “I will give you the support you need, like old times.” He told her. She slowly looked up and shook her head.

“I don’t want to do this anymore… I feel… I’m so tired…” She whispered while sobbing. Dara kneeled in front of her, but her own words were interrupted by another voice in the place.

“If you’re going to do something, be strong enough to finish it.” A man said, and both Dara and James looked to the side, widening their eyes, but Chaerin didn’t dare to look, she was too confused, too scared and too tired to even try and beg for forgiveness. “Stand up, don’t be such a and fight.” He said again, and Chaerin felt a surge of anger ran through her. She looked to her front, where James and Dara were, both with the same dazzled expression. Chaerin stood up hastily and turned around, facing the man that turned her into something unknown.

“Who’s the here? Running away from your problems, is that how you want me to finish my job?” She told him and Jiyong just smirked.

“No, I want you to finish it with this.” He said handing her the dagger she dropped before. She widened her eyes and shook her head. He grabbed the dagger by the sharp edge, cutting his own hand. She saw how blood dripped from his already ruined hand, and she cursed in her head countless times as she so stupidly froze in front of him. His intensity was so unknown to her, she had never seen him like this, and just as she saw his stern face, his tensed jaw muscles and the veins popped on his hands, she remembered why he told her she was better off knowing Jiyong more than G-Dragon.

She realized that he could be the monster trained to kill on stage, breaking the expectative with his fierceness, controlling masses with his strong lyrics, with his strong stage presence. She knew at that moment why he became Korea’s Golden Boy, he was strong, he was fierce, and G-Dragon could conquer the whole world if he wanted, with his persuasive way of talking, the sarcasm he always used. She realized his worlds didn’t collide, he found a way to merge them into one, and that was probably why it came to look so natural, so easy.

“I won’t do it.” She said, slowly composing herself as she realized the true identity to that man. She saw a flash of anger on his eyes, then sadness took his whole expression and he held tighter the dagger, cutting deeply on his own hand.

“Do it! Finish it so we could all be free!” He screamed as he extended the dagger, trying to make her take it but she, she just shook her head.

“There’s no freedom in that…” She murmured, and now, she felt as if everything had disappeared around her. Jiyong’s face, a mixture of stress, sadness, agony and hatred made her feel empty inside, and it wasn’t just the realization of their similarity, it was something more, a feeling they both could share, of a lonely life running away from everything you loved. Slowly, she saw how Jiyong opened his bloody hand and let the dagger fall on the floor, but he didn’t retreated his hand, he didn’t broke eye contact with her. And she saw, almost as a flash of light, a tear forming on his eyes.

“It will give you freedom; it will give me freedom…” He murmured, still looking at her. She shook her head and took a step closer, and he didn’t move.

“I don’t want that freedom.” She said, now taking another step closer, his hand slightly touching her chest. She grabbed it and kissed it, his blood staining her already dirty and bruised face. He closed his eyes as he felt the warmth of her kisses on his wounded hand.

“Why are you doing this?” He said, and she remembered the moment Seungri had left her, the way he asked her why she did everything she did to them, and she shook her head, pushing away those memories.

“I won’t do it again.” She whispered on his hand. He extended his left hand and grabbed her waist, hastily pulling her closer. She closed her eyes as his scent filled her, it wasn’t the usual mixture of mint and cigarettes, he smelled of mud, of blood and sweat, but it wasn’t uncomfortable to the nose, in fact, it was the sort of aroma you think you will hate it, but secretly love it. She tangled her hands on his waist as he hugged her tight, so tight she felt the air on her lungs escaping, but she didn’t cared, it was Jiyong who was hugging her, and she could gladly trade all her oxygen just to have him this close all the time.

She felt his chest rising rapidly, and she felt fear creeping through her spine as she pulled away, only to find him crying. In a sick way, she felt relieved, but also worried, and happy, all at the same time. She extended her hand and put it on his cheek, and he kissed it as she caressed his face.

“Who am I kidding, I can’t live without you anymore…” He whispered and she smiled, her hand going to his neck as she let the tears fall from her eyes. He had his eyes closed, and fresh tears where rolling down his cheeks. She pulled him closer, and he did, now their foreheads touching as they always did.

“I can’t either.” She whispered, and she heard him sob louder, then he kissed her, a humid quick kiss, full of longing, of love, of desire and happiness. They heard a slight cough and Chaerin pulled apart, then looked to the side and found James clearing his throat.

“I’m sorry to interrupt you, I’m burdened really, but we have some es to eliminate.” He said and Jiyong chuckled, quickly pulling away and cleaning his tears, though his face was still flush and new tears were forming on his eyes.

“I’m sorry.” Chaerin said, and Jiyong grabbed her hand as he walked towards James. Dara nodded quickly towards Chaerin and started walking; James followed her, then Chaerin and Jiyong.

Chaerin’s car was destroyed, as they reached the parking lot, she found her black Bentley completely destroyed, windows shattered, it was a mess. She widened her eyes and almost felt like falling to the floor. Jiyong was next to her and his jaw dropped as he saw the black twin of his own car made a wreck in front of him.

“What the ?!” He said and Chaerin looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “I mean, why would they do it?” He said clearing his throat. Chaerin scoffed and walked towards her car, opening what once used to be the driver’s door. The metal made a screeching noise as she did, and Jiyong feigned being hurt by it. She rolled her eyes and opened the rest of the door, and it fell from her hands as it did. James started laughing and Dara hit his head hard.

“Come on, it was a wreck; it was going to fall anyways.” James said rubbing his head, to what Dara rolled her eyes. Chaerin, however, seemed oblivious to their little bickering and continued her search. She moved swiftly into the metal mess her car became and searched all around it.

“Is something missing?” Jiyong asked, and just as Chaerin was going to answer, a metal cut her hand, and when she turned to look, she saw the gloves compartment opened. She raised an eyebrow and looked inside of it. She saw it empty, and as she looked at it, she remembered about her phone, and how she had left it there when she left the Villa, and also remembered she got back to Seoul in James’s car. She widened her eyes and looked to the front, where James was, and then at Jiyong, who seemed to notice her sudden change of behavior. She quickly got out of the car and Jiyong grabbed her injured hand.

“I’m fine.” She said taking her hand back, then walked towards James. He looked at her with confused eyes, he had been talking to Dara and was oblivious to what was going on.

“What is my car doing here?” She asked him, to which he shrugged.

“How am I supposed to know?” He said and she scoffed.

“In which car I came back to Seoul?” She said and he raised an eyebrow and opened his mouth to talk, then closed it again, his blue eyes widening in realization.

“You mean…” He said, then stopped and quickly put a hand on his mouth. “Madeleine…” He murmured. Chaerin nodded and looked at Jiyong.

“They have my phone.” She told him, and just as James, he shrugged.

“What of it? You can buy another one…” He said, then stopped, his Asian eyes wide in shock. “Oh , you erased the messages, right?” He said, to which Chaerin slowly shook her head. Jiyong cursed loudly, then punched the car really hard. Dara jumped in surprise as she heard the loud noise the metal did once Jiyong punched it, and Chaerin could swear he had opened his knuckles.

“Now they know…” James murmured, and Dara looked at all of them, her eyes wide.

“What do they know?” She asked, and Chaerin slowly shook her head.

“That we’re all together.” She said, her voice almost a whisper. 

 


Gily's Notes:

Uh la la, now they know... who knows? What they know?! AH I'M SO EXCITED!!

Anyways, don't forget to keep comenting, it puts a smile on my face, and every time I'm at college, and I read all your comments, I just feel like not hating the professors that day xD lmao!!

I love you all!

108 subscribers, I'm so honored! Thank you all! Please don't be silent readers, let yourselves be known! 

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥