December Eighth

XOXO Advent

December 08, 2013

The entirety of EXO-M seemed to smirk that day, and that was never a good thing. Suho had hoped that the snowball fight EXO-K started the previous day might have been forgiven. But when he turned to find Xiumin and Luhan smirking deviously as they glanced at him, an instant sense of doom made him almost drop the spoon of cheese cake he'd been lifting to his mouth.

It was official.

EXO-M was up to something.

Suho was already backing away into the corridor … and right into Chen.

Suho stared straight at him.

Chen stared straight back.

And then smiled.

me, his inner voice squeaked in dread.

He smiled politely. “Hey, how are you?”

Chen remained completely quiet. He just kept smiling.

Something was very wrong here.

Have … uh, I mean … are the K's all in their rooms?”

Silence.

Suho swallowed nervously. “Uh, Chen—”

He had to leap really ing fast to avoid being crushed against the wall.

Wide-eyed and startled, Suho scrambled back, away from the random attack. “What are you doing?”

Chen lunged again.

Chen—”

Chen managed to pin him against the wall. Junmyeon tore himself free and ran in the opposite direction, towards the living room.

A young blonde dancer looked up as he sprinted towards him.

Luhan, what is going on with Chen?”

Luhan swatted him over the head with the magazine he was holding twice, then tackled him to the floor.

Junmyeon yowled. He managed to shove Luhan off, and backed away. As he did, he caught sight of Baekhyun in the corridor, inching away from Lay, who was approaching him looking very smug.

Baekhyun had his hands up in a universal don't shoot gesture, although to be honest it didn't look like Lay cared about that. The way he looked at Baekhyun was like a wolf chasing a deer; it was unrelenting and merciless.

Baekhyun muttered something under his breath – some sort of trigger – and Lay grabbed him. They wrestled violently with wrenching movements and one snarl before Suho managed to push Lay away. Luhan rammed him into the wall and he yelped. Baekhyun pulled him back and held onto his wrist.

It's a game,” he whispered hurriedly, keeping his eyes fixed on their attackers. “Kai, Kyungsoo and Sehun are all trapped in Chen's room.”

What?”

They had to avoid another two attacks by leaping over the sofa.

Don't say that!” Baekhyun hissed. “Any time I ask wh – about their actions, they try to ram me. The same goes for if you say someone's name.”

But you just said—”

Don't!

Baekhyun kicked and thrashed as he was caught by Luhan and Lay. Suho grabbed Lay around the shoulders as he smacked at Baekhyun's head with a slipper and pried him off, giving Baekhyun enough of a chance to get away.

But then Suho felt something crash into him from behind. Xiumin.

I didn't say anything!” he protested.

Maybe it's 'cause they're attacking us.” Baek threw Lay aside and together they pushed Xiumin onto the couch. They bolted towards the bedrooms and locked themselves inside the first one they came across – Kris's bedroom.

They shut the door behind themselves to keep out the hoard and turned to find Tao sitting casually on Kris's bed with Cookie purring on his lap, pleased with the gentle, evil petting upon her furry little head.

When their eyes met, Tao grinned darkly. Cookie mewed as if to greet them.

Chen and Kris stood behind him, their arms folded over their chests.

They tried to go back, but the instant they opened the door, Lay and Luhan were stood before them. And Xiumin was blocking the others from escaping Chen's room.

Suho and Baekhyun backed away from Luhan and Lay, holding onto each other as if their lives depended on it.

Which it did, goddamnit.

Kyungsoo's wide eyes were visible from beneath Xiumin's raised arm as he peered around the elder. Don't touch them, he mouthed silently.

Kai came into view, and his immediate expression was oh, no.

Baekhyun gulped.

One word and we're dead”

Maybe we can reason with them.”

There's no reasoning, we tried, and they won't stop following us. Just shut up.”