December Twenty-First

XOXO Advent

December 21, 2013

Sometimes when they were bored, they turned to snuggling. On the twenty-first of December with only three more days to go until the start of their celebrations, Kai helped Luhan to pull together his gift for Kyungsoo and wrap it. Luhan had picked out a small but beautiful cuddly owl toy that he'd come across, but like anything oddly shaped, it was difficult to fit into the wrapping paper. The toy was nestled into a crocheted hat with two large circles on the front like eyes.

Sehun still hadn't convinced any of them to open anything early, bar Chen, who'd already ripped open one of his gifts. He hadn't managed to escape temptation. Sehun had tricked him – well, all of them – by giving Chen something to use as a weapon for trolling.

Granted it had only been in his possession for a scant five minutes before being confiscated, but still.

Do you think he'll like them?” Luhan asked quietly. “It took a long time for me to learn how to make them.”

Kai offered him a reassuring smile. “I think he will. You did a great job, too.” Lowering his voice conspiratorially, he added, “I got him a silver pocket watch with our names engraved on the inside. I would have got him those expensive chocolates he likes, but I saw some others walking around with the same idea.”

Kai closed his eyes and plugged his ears as Luhan put the present in his hiding place. He waited until he had been tapped on the shoulder, then stood up and turned.

Good thing you decided against it,” Luhan mused. “He'll just end up drowning under boxes of chocolates.”

Kai nodded and sat on Luhan's bed, crossing his legs, crumpling up a torn-off piece of wrapping paper before tossing it across the room. Luhan threw himself down onto the mattress. It wasn't long before they were cuddling.

You're warm,” Luhan mumbled.

Kai squeezed Luhan closer against him, relishing in the feeling. “You are, too.”

Not my hands,” Luhan said, shuffling slightly. “My hands are cold.”

Give me your hands.” Kai pulled them between them both and rolled so he lay on top and buried his face into his neck. “There. That'll warm them up a bit quicker.”

Luhan sighed beside his ear and rested their cheeks together. “Thanks.”

What did you get me for Christmas?”

Luhan immediately scowled. “The ability of subtlety, Kai. Did you honestly think that would work?”

A little bit.”

Kai smirked when Luhan huffed, amused. “Come on, Lulu, I'm warming you up. The least you could do is drop a hint.”

I already told you, Kai. Subtlety.”

Now it was his turn to huff. Another approach was clearly needed. Kai changed tactics.

Hey, Lu … you know I love you, right?”

No.

Damn.