December Twelfth

XOXO Advent

December 12, 2013

They were always very careful not to get caught.

Didn't always work. Tao and Chen were notorious for pulling pranks. Hell, sometimes a few of the others in the group exploited their infamy to execute their own stunts and shift the blame elsewhere. Tao and Chen were still being scowled at for something Sehun did. They were convinced it was him; Sehun couldn't tell a lie and look someone in the eyes without bursting out in laughter. It wasn't that, though. If Sehun could have looked more smug, Tao and Chen would eat their own faces.

I say we get him back,” Chen had murmured upon meeting him. “Let's do something fun. Got any ideas?”

Tao hadn't, having been half-way through wrapping a present. But that had sparked the scheming and the devious smirks and they had sat in the room planning their newest escapade.

Extensive planning was required for them to pull it off. The others always suspected them of being up to no good, even if they planned on behaving.

Behaving. Chen scoffed at the notion. Behaving was for other people, like Kris. That rule didn't apply to them.

They crept down the corridor, intent on reaching their target. As they peered around the corner into the living room, they saw Sehun asleep on a chair with his legs hanging over the edge. Kyungsoo sat with Kai, discussing something or other. Everyone else was either in the rooms or in the dance studio, rehearsing. Both paused and glanced up as the two maknaes of EXO-M stared at them, and then glanced at each other.

Chen narrowed his eyes dangerously and pressed a finger to his thinning lips. Kai bit his lip and held his hands up, placating the two.

Tao nodded silently and the two scampered towards the sleeping Sehun. Oh, this was just perfect. He had his earphones in and his hands clasped over his stomach, reclining on his back in a position that would hate him later.

Chen went for some tinsel while Tao knelt beside him, wielding their weapons of choice: a bag of thick cotton wool and some glue. Tao quietly squirted some of the glue onto a clump of cotton before leaning in towards his face.

I'll tie his feet,” Chen whispered. “If we can tie his hands, too, that would help.”

Tao nodded and applied the cotton just below the left corner of his lip. Chen was apprehensive as he cautiously wrapped the bright red tinsel around Sehun's ankles and tied it loosely at first. Sehun's ankles were very sensitive, he didn't want to wake him before they had a chance to give him his new beard.

Do we wake him up after, or what?” Tao whispered.

Chen knotted the tinsel slowly and tugged the bow before doubling it. “No, leave him. The others will see our work and it'll confuse him even more.”

Another ball of wool found its way to Sehun's face. Nerves were making him vibrate slightly. If Sehun did somehow wake up before they were ready, they would need to move quite fast to avoid being grabbed.

The PVA was scentless so they didn't have to worry about accidentally making him high, but the cold touch on his face was the main problem. Tao paused and stiffened when Sehun shifted, half expecting his eyes to peel open and then fly open when he saw them both crouching at his chair-side.

Luckily Sehun remained asleep, simply twisting slightly on the chair, making a small moan of sleepiness.

Let me help.” Chen moved around to Tao's other side and grabbed a large wad of the fluffy substance. “Should we give him eyebrows?”

No, that might really wake him.” Tao swallowed and moved forward again. “Did you bind his hands?”

I didn't get a chance to.”

It doesn't matter. If he rolls over again, make sure you get him.”

Chen paused when he glanced up to find Kyungsoo and Kai missing. He leaned up and peered over his partner-in-crime's shoulders, frowning.

Maybe they had gone out to avoid becoming collateral damage, or to avoid getting blamed should they get caught. Chen wasn't sure, but on the off chance they had gone to warn the rest of the troupe of the incoming mischief, he urged his partner to hurry.

They finished Sehun's face and, in a moment of self-sacrifice, they both grabbed a strip of wool and pushed it over his brow before they packed up their equipment and turned.

To get smacked in the face with whipped cream.

Kai and Kyungsoo put on a burst of speed and shot off through the dorm. Tao and Chen nipped hotly at their heels. Chen managed to grab Kyungsoo's wrist and the hem of Kai's shirt. He dug his heels in.

Tao grabbed the both of them.

When the rest of the troupe walked in, the sight that greeted them was of four young dancers wrestling furiously on the ground.

Tao and Chen had managed to pin their attackers; Kyungsoo kicking under Chen, who was sticking wool in his shirt and to his forehead, and Kai yowling and thrashing and kicking with his wrists pinned over his head. Tao squirted a spiralling stream of cream onto his face, straddling him to keep him down.

What – the –?”

Sehun fell off and hit the ground with a thud.

Damn it, not again!