Luxury

Adrenaline

"Enjoy your stay at the Grand Hyatt Seoul Hotel!" The women handed Kris a key to the presidential suite and bowed. He and four other EXO members had arrived in Korea this morning. They left 2 days after they were given their mission. Kris decided to have the rest of the members stay back in China and help since it'd be too risky to have them all at the same place at once. The ceremony was taking place tonight so they had to quickly situate themselves.

The members began unpacking their stuff once in the room. Once their luxury suitcases were opened, they appeared to contain only clothes and necessities. However once the layers were removed, guns, knives, and other devices were taken out. 

"So we're really just going to observe tonight?" Tao asked as he lifted his gun and aimed it at an invisible target.

"That's the plan. But bring something just in case." Kris replied as he looked through his own inventory and picked up a knife, rotating it in his hand. "And that doesn't mean use it just because you have it. Got it?" They all nodded noting the serious tone in Kris' voice. 

**********

The stepped out of the two luxury cars they had rented for their stay in Korea. Dressed in designer brands from head to toe, they fit in perfectly with everyone, if you exclude their handsome looks that it is. In that department, they stood out the most, causing all the lustful women and even the envious men to look their way. 

"Who are they?"

"What company do they own?"

"I bet they're chaebols!"

Numerous theories were being spread about, the EXO members completely oblivious and only keeping their minds on their goal for tonight. They walked past all the stares and headed straight into the building. The brightly lit room was full of chattering, a stage at the far end of the room with a banner above reading "Congrats to Huawei and Hanjin!".

"Alright, let's split. Remember, if anyone asks, we're here to represent SM." Kris quietly spoke to the members who nodded in reply and quietly strode away to mingle and get info. He looked around as he walked towards a table full of glasses of champagne. He reached out one for and met wth another persons had who had aimed for the same glass. He took back his hand at was met with an older womans face who had an obvious amount of plastic surgery done to try and rewind the age. 

"Oh, sorry about that." She laughed as she picked up two glasses and offered one to Kris. "You're a new face. Do I know you?" 

"I doubt it. I'm here for SM Entertainment in China to say congrats." He smiled as he took the glass and bowed slightly. "Kris, pleasure to meet you." He took stuck out his hand. She looked him up and down and smiled. 

"Oh the pleasures all mine. I'm Lee Sun Mi, the wife of Lee Jong Suk." She gently shook his hand. Kris' smile slightly twitched at the sound of her identity. 

"So I guess I found one of the people I should be congratulating." He smiled. "Congrats on the partnership of your husbands company."

"Thank you, really." She smiled as she set down her glass of champagne and stepped closer to Kris. She took her hand and gently brushed it against his chest and slid her hand down slowly. "You had something on you." She looked up lustfully into his eyes. "Well, unfortunately I have other guests to tend to," she began and then slowly moved closer to his hear, "I hope to see you around, Kris, it was a pleasure." She pulled away and flashed one last smile before walking away. Kris watched her walk away with a smirk before quickly downing his champagne. 

"Perfect wife for a man like Qi Yi."

****

"Kiraaaaa~! Please please please do this for me!"

"I don't even work for the company, how can I cover for you?" Kira questioned her friend on the other line. It was Friday night and she had planned to spend it relaxing and watching movies all night until this happened.

"It's a really important event and they're running low on workers so they'll allow it!" Her friend reasoned on the other end. "You know how loyal I am to work but what can I do? The weather's bad here so the trains stopped running. I won't make it in time to Seoul either way. So please help me out here! I could get fired...please Kira?" She begged.

"....Fine, fine. Only because I'd hate to be the reason you coudn't keep your job." Kira sighed as her friend rejoiced on the other line. "But what do I wear? I don't have the uniform."

"Oh, since it's a special event, you don't have to worry about the uniform. Wear something that's white and dressy but formal."

"You mean I have to wear a dress?" Kira nagged.

"Shush. Oh! I know, where that plain white hi low dress you wore on christmas last year! It's perfect and you look great in it."

"Hm...I do like that dress. Alright. Anything else I need to know? It's just waitressing right? Handing drinks and appetizers to all the rich people while wondering what I'm doing with my life and how their shoes cost more than my whole life?" Kira joked.

"You got it. Good luck, thanks so much Kira, I owe you!" Kira hung up the call and plopped onto her bed with a sigh.

"Looks like no movies for me."

****

Kira arrived to the building and raised her eyebrow at all the people she passed by. A woman wearing a extravagant long white ball gown walked past her and Kira scoffed. "Why not just wear a wedding dress." She shook her head and headed inside towards the older woman greeting people upon entrance. 

"Hi, I'm here in place of Na Young..?" 

"Oh, yes! She told me, thank god you made it." She observed Kira before going back to her face. "Hm, you look ok. You should consider really working for us," She smiled at Kira, "Now go go! Here's a fresh tray of champagne, walk around and offer to replace people's drinks for now, ok? Ok." She quickly said without waiting for a response and gently pushed Kira towards her destination. 

"No, no, I had no plans. No of course it's no problem, I'm glad to help. No need to thank me." Kira thought in her head in annoyance as she grabbed the tray, offered a quick fake smile, and headed into the room of people. She walked around and offered people drinks, some people kind, some rude, some eyeing her in ways she didn't appreciate. She sighed as she looked around from the corner of the room, waiting for a new tray of drinks. She slightly winced as she shuffled her feet, wishing she wore more comfortable heels instead of choosing what looked nice. A bus boy handed her a new tray of drinks and she went on her way again. She noticed a group of men near the side of the room with nearly empty glasses and decided to go check up on their drink status. 

"Seems like no one's aware of Qi Yi's past." Chanyeol quietly spoke. The members had gathered together after migling and investigating for a bit. "Everyone referred to him as Lee Jong Suk."

"Apparantly he's been in Korea his whole life." Tao scoffed downing the rest of his drink.

"I don't get it, how did he manage to just...create a whole new life without anyone becoming suspicious.." Luhan scrunched his eyebrows together in thought.

"He's manipulative and he uses it to his advantage, that's how." Suho mused, swishing his drink around in his glass.

"Would you like some more drinks?" They all jumped at the sudden voice that interuppted their conversation. They turned and looked down at a small petite girl with a tray of drinks and a smile. They all became relieved that it was no one of importance, even Kris who is usually oblivious to everyone and everything. 

"Thanks." Kris reached out and grabbed a glass and turned back towards the stage. 

"I'm good but you can have this back." Tao reached out to set his empty glass on the tray. Suddenly a woman walking by bumped into Kira, causing the tray to rattle and one of the drinks to fall. Before the glass could hit the ground and break, Kira held the tray in one hand and quickly grabbed the glass by the end, the contents of it already splattered across the side of her white dress. The members watched in slight shock and appreciation for her quick moves.

"Oh, thank god." She let out a deep breath and placed the tray and glass on the table next to them. "That could have been disastrous." She snickered then looked down at the condition of her dress. "Too bad, I liked this one..." She mused to herself before snapping her head back up to the men who were staring at her.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did anything get on you?" She asked nervously. She didn't want to screw something up and get Na Young fired for her mistake. 

"No, No we're fine." Suho smiled and walked forward and handed her a napkin from the table. "You on the other hand..not so much." Kira bowed and accepted the napkin and began blotting at the stains on her dress, thought it didn't help at all. Kris stared at her in slight suspicion and annoyance. He disliked unnecessary things and at the moment, she was one.

"Uh, again sorry and enjoy the rest of your night." She awkwardly smiled after noticing Kris' menacing stare and turned away. Just as she did, the speaker boomed as the actual ceremony was taking place now. 

"Thank you for coming everyone to this wonderful moment for both HuaWei and HanJin!" The whole room clapped and turned their attention to the stage, becoming silent. "I'm now going to call up both company presidents to shake hands and sign the contract to officially seal the deal for this partnership." Everyone clapped once again and waited as they presidents came up to the stage.

"All this just to sign a piece of paper...wonderful."  Kira thought to herself as her she brushed her hair behind her ear, noticing her earring was missing. She looked to the ground and saw it near the foot of the man who was giving her the death stare. For a second she considered just letting it be but changed her mind and quietly kneeled down to the ground. She then stretched out her hand and reached for the earring, trying not to alert the guys. She couldn't reach it and with a sigh got slighlty closer to them, so close she heard one of them whisper.

"We should just kill him today.."

She slightly shuddered at those words causing Kris to notice her on the ground and a flash of anger hit his face. He roughly grabbed her wrist and pulled her up. "What do you think you're doing?" He growled at her making her swallow hard in nervousness. He wasn't just a regular guy and she could tell.

"I dropped my earring. I was just trying to pick it up." She calmly answered and pointed down at it with her other hand. Kris' eyes stayed on her the whole time almost piercing through her but she didn't falter and stared back. Suddenly a gun shot fired and screams filled the room, people running and scrambling to get out. Kris turned his head quickly to the stage, his hand still around Kira's wrist. On the stage was a dead Qi Yi and blood now splattered across the banner.

Kira silently stared wide eyed at all the people running, still trapped by Kris' grip on her. The words she heard earlier now kept replaying in her head, "we should just kill him today..".

The room was pretty much empty now except for EXO, Kira, and the dead Qi Yi.

"Kris, what do we do?" Luhan asked nervously as his hand instinctively reached for the inside of his jacket while he nervously looked around. 

"I don't think we're the only ones..." Tao added in as his eyes roamed around cautiously. 

"Alright, change of plans. You guys know what to do." Kris ordered. They all nodded and began pulling out the weapons they brought. 

"But what about her?" Suho asked as he nodded towards Kira who pretty muched looked as if her soul had left her body. Kris stood in thought for a couple of moments before staring down at Kira with the same suspicion as before.

"I don't trust her. The person who killed Qi Yi managed to get away because we were busy with her." Kris tightened his grip on her wrist causing her to wince. "Don't ask any questions and just follow me or else." Kris hissed at her and released her wrist, now red and imprinted with his hand. "Let's go, we have to do this quickly before the police get here." He called out to the EXO members and they walked towards the stage. Kira rubbed at her wrist in pain and listened to his threatening words and followed behind quietly. 

Luhan kneeled down to the dead body and observed the bullet hole, his face contorting in confusion. "This doesn't look like something just anyone could do."

"Another gang...?" Chanyeol wondered.

"YG..." Kira spoke out loud after her silence causing the members to turn and look at her. 

"What?" Tao questioned crossing his arms and staring at her.

"Well, well if it isn't EXO...or well half of EXO I'm assuming." A voice boomed out from the entrance. They all followed Kira's gaze to a group of men entering the building, weapons in their hands.

"I've always wanted to meet you. Soo Man never failed to stop threatening me with you guys." The man chuckled as he entered. "Heard you guys would be in Korea and decided to use this chance to piss you all off. Looks like it worked huh?" Kris balled up his hand in anger and glared at the man infront of him. He had failed the mission he was given because of this man. He had let down his boss because of him. He had let down EXO.

The man chuckled in satisfication seeing Kris' anger rising and then his gaze turned to Kira and he became slightly shocked. Kira shuffled backwards noticing the mans stare on her, her hands starting to shake. Kris looked at her from the corner of his eye and noticed her fear.

"Well look who it is, long time no see Kira."