Happy

I Want You To Know Me

“So tell me about the lucky man.” I said to her. She looked startled when I asked.

“Um…well…he’s really sweet…and he brings up my mood all the time…” she responded timidly.

I gave her a forced smile. “So he makes you happy…that’s all that matters…”

I couldn’t get the thought of this man out of my head as we were eating. My curiosity got the better of me when I asked, “How did you two meet?” She completely froze in her spot and looked down at her food. “We uh…met by chance…the details are really boring though. Long story short…he made a huge impact on me.”

It was my turn to look down at my food. All I could feel was my heart aching. “Must be tough not getting to see him though…I mean you’re staying here, right?” I asked her shyly. She gave a slight smile and nodded. “It’s alright though.”

She finished her meal and got up from her seat. “I just need to use the washroom for a second.” She then put took out her cellphone and placed it onto the table. She always has it in her pocket since she doesn’t carry around a purse. “Don’t want it to accidently fall into the toilet.” She laughed and walked away.

Suddenly her phone rang. I looked around to see if she was in sight, but she wasn’t. I then took a look at her phone and read ‘Mom’ on her caller ID. I thought it would be rude to not answer it since it’s her mother; she would be worried. I picked it up and answered it.

“Hello?” I answered

“Hello? Who is this? Where’s ________?” The voice responded.

“This is Hakyeon; ________’s friend.”

“Ahh! You’re Hakyeon??? ________ has mentioned you so many times!!”

I felt happy that she mentioned me to her mother. “She mentioned me?”

“Yes! You’re such a sweet and lovely man for looking out for her. Thank you very much.”

I began to blush. “No thanks necessary.” I paused for a bit. “You should thank the man she met while she was back home.”

“What man?”

I became confused. “Her…boyfriend?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. My daughter has never had a boyfriend.”

“Eh?” Did she lie to me?

“She only ever had you.”

She lied to me.

“Just tell her to call me back later. It was nice talking to you Hakyeon. Bye!”

“Same here. Bye.”

I only felt hatred inside of me. Why on earth did she lie to me? Am I that annoying to be around? She could have just told me.

“Hakyeon?” I looked up and saw her staring at me. I shoved her phone into her hand. “Your mother called. You should probably call her back as soon as you can, unless you have more lies to tell me.”

“Eh?” she responded. I looked directly into her eyes and glared. “Or maybe it was your ‘boyfriend’. I can’t tell anyway.”

I picked up my things, placed money onto the table to pay for the meals, and stormed off.

~~~

Oh no…What just happened? I knew I shouldn’t have made up that lie. Hakyeon must have mentioned him to my mother and she doesn’t know anything about my lie.

I sat back down in my chair and covered my face with my hands. My stupidity has caused all this, and now the man I love hates me.

I bit my lip and got up. I need to make things right.

~~~

I love the feeling of hot water pouring down my body; it’s very relaxing.

I continued to think about her lie.

Why did I waste so much time thinking about her? She obviously doesn’t care for me since she took the time to make up a person. Did she always think of me this way? Was I just a tool for her?

I shook my head.

No…she was always sweet…she was the person I fell for. She must have her reason for doing so, but then again…I could have just been fooled.

I sighed and turned off the water. I grabbed my towel and dried myself before putting the towel around my waist.

I walked out and saw _______ sitting on my bed. I was determined to find out everything, so I walked up to her and pushed her down onto the bed, hovering over her with my arms beside her head.

“Tell me why you lied to me.” I told her.

~~~

I felt my heart rate increase as he stared down at me. His hair was soaking wet, and his body was only slightly wet.

“I-I’m really sorry about lying to you…I just-“

He covered my mouth with his finger. “I said tell me why; I don’t want an apology.”

He removed his finger and I began to explain. “I...didn’t want you to worry about me…I thought you would be happier not having to worry about me…I thought I would be happier…”

His expression softened. “What do you mean?”

I took in a deep breath. “I thought it would be better if you were happy…I would have been happy if you were…worrying about me would get you nowhere.”

He snickered. “Of course I worry for you…You mean a lot to me. I always wanted you to know me; to be closer to me.”

“I thought it would work…but I couldn’t stop loving you.” I finished.

His eyes widened. “E-Eh?”

“…Didn’t you realise when I was explaining what kind of guy my ‘boyfriend’ was? I was describing you.”

He looked confused for a bit, but then he smiled. He started to laugh and brushed the hair out of my face. He started to caress my cheek with his warm thumb. “I’ve waited so long to touch you.”

He snuggled his face into my neck and breathed in my scent. “Can we just lie here like this?” he asked me.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him and his chocolate coloured back. “Sure.”

He then looked at me and brought his face closer to mine until he kissed my lips. He deepened the kiss when I kissed back and he brought his arms around me. “I don’t ever want to let you go now that I have you.”

He closed his eyes and shoved me into his chest. I looked up and saw that he fell asleep. I grabbed the blanket and brought it over him since he’s practically . He then took the blanket and pulled it over me with his eyes still closed. I smiled and became drowsy as I breathed in the scent of his body soap. I fell asleep in no time.


I woke up to the smell of food. I got up and walked over to the kitchen where Hakyeon was making breakfast. He looked over at me and smiled. “Morning jagiya.” I blushed when I heard that. “Already with the jagiya?” I asked him. He nodded and pointed towards the shower. “Take a quick shower; breakfast will be done once you get out.” I nodded and headed for the shower.

 

Once I got out, I immediately sat down and ate. The food tasted better than ever.

He told me about his time with his previous roommate and how he was without me. It was nice listening to them.

After we ate we got ready for work and headed out the door. He offered me a ride in his new car and I happily accepted it.

I can’t believe I’m actually happy. Meeting him was a wonderful occurrence, and falling in love with him was the greatest thing to happen to me.

~~~

I looked over at her in the passenger seat and smiled.

I don’t want anything to change anymore. I love everything how it is now. All my sorrows have disappeared and I can finally say that I’m happy.


Hope everyone enjoyed this story. Sorry to just end it like this, but it's finally done. :3

This was a fun fic to write, even if it's really depressing. ^^"

Thank you to all of you that took your time to read this fic. THANK YOU!!!!