Ottokaji?

I Want You To Know Me

I dragged myself to work, without a smile on my face. This job has drained the energy and motivation out of me. I walked towards my boss’ office and inquired him. “Good morning. What do you have planned today?” He glared at me and scoffed. “I’m tired of you pretty boys, prancing around like you’re all that.” I gave him an astonished look and furthered inquired him. “Excuse me?” I could smell the stench of booze coming from him. “It’s people like you that make the lives of people like me, miserable!” he yelled. He threw the picture of him and his wife against the wall, which made me flinch. “My wife left me for some rich pretty boy! I am not in the mood to see your face!” he continued. I clenched my fists in an effort to calm myself, but it failed.

I slammed the door shut and glared at him. “Is all of this the reason why you were so hard on me? Why you yelled at me all the time?” I asked. He let out another scoff and said, “Yeah. I’m really tired of people like you. I have no idea why women prefer people like you.”

I slammed my hand against the desk and raised my voice. “I DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED EXACTLY WITH YOU AND YOUR WIFE, BUT ANY PROFESSIONAL KNOWS NOT TO MIX THEIR PERSONAL LIFE WITH THEIR WORK LIFE! I AM NOT LIKE THAT MAN AND YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT NOT EVERYONE IS THE SAME. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, AND I REALLY REGRET WORKING FOR YOU SINCE THE ONLY THING I LEARNED FROM YOU IS THAT YOU’RE AN !” I gasped for air while I maintained eye contact with him. He got up from his chair and began to jab his finger at me. “YOU CAN’T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!” I shoved his hand away from me. “YES I CAN ‘CAUSE I QUIT! GOOD LUCK FINDING A REPLACEMENT ASSISTANT AND WIFE!” I paused. “AND I EXPECT TO BE PAID FOR MY OVERTIME THROUGHT MY JOB HERE, OR ELSE I’LL TAKE THIS TO COURT! I KNOW MY RIGHTS!” I opened the door and stormed out.


I was hugging my knees with my head down as I sat by the riverbank to calm myself. What am I going to do? I don’t have a job now and I barely have enough stored away. I’m not even sure he will comply with my unpaid wages, and I don’t have enough money to hire a lawyer. I sighed and looked up at the river. A small smile appeared on my face as I stared at it. I’m free from that monster; I know longer have to listen to him.

I smile turned into a frown when I remembered ________. I can’t let her pay for everything, but I also don’t want to leave. I really like her kindness and how friendly she is to me. I know I’m being selfish, but I want to be happy. I want someone to know me.

~~~

“You’re next appointment will be on June 24th at 9:50am. We’ll see you then. Good night!” I just finished with our last patient as we were closing up. My boss stepped out of his office and said, “_______, can I see you for a second?” I remembered what happened last time, how he made that remark about me. I gulped and nodded as I walked into his office. “You need me for something?” I inquired. He gave me a smirk and approached me. “Yes you can.” He began to run his hand down my arm. I immediately jolted from the touch and backed away from him. “Wh-What are you doing?” I asked. He snickered at me. “What do you say to…you know?” My eyes widened. Is he talking about what I think he’s talking about? Either way, I should get out of here. I bowed to him and quickly escaped his office. I ran over to my things, collected them, and ran out the door.


“Welcome home~!” Hakyeon yelled as he ran up to me. I smiled at him and greeted him back. I looked over to the kitchen to find dinner cooked and set on the table. “You didn’t have to…” I trailed off, looking at the food he made; he made ddukboki. Suddenly he gave me a hug. “I had a good day, so I was in the mood to cook. Plus, this was quite cheap to buy.” He said excitingly. I put my things down, washed my hands, and sat down at the table. “Do you want to tell me about your good day? I also have something to tell you…” I inquired. I was thinking about telling him about what happened with my boss today. He nodded and told me about his day while we ate.

“Wow…I didn’t know you were treated like that…” I looked down and realised I cleared my plate. Hakyeon noticed and gave me a smile. “Was it that good, or were you just that hungry?” he snickered. I shook my head. “It was really good! You’re getting better at this cooking thing!” I laughed. “Oh!” he began. “You said you had something to tell me.” I gulped as he reminded me of it. I don’t want to ruin his good mood. I also think he would tell me to quit, or do something about it, but if I do I will certainly lose my job. Since Hakyeon quit, we won’t have any income at all.

I looked up at him and gave him a faint smile. “Just that…the food smelled really good.” He nodded and smiled. What am I going to do?


Just a heads up that next chapter will get really serious. I'm sorry if this chapter was a bit boring.

I'll try to get the next chapter up as soon as possible! ^^