Memorable Dinner

I Want You To Know Me

“Good morning Suzy.” I told my coworker. She stared at me and went back to her work without a sound. She never greets me in the morning, so I’m kind of use to it.

“Hello _______.” Dr. Min greeted me as he arrived at the office. I smiled and greeted him back. That was a first. He usually never greets me.


At the end of my work day, Dr. Min called me into his office to talk. I walked in and sat down. “I-Is something wrong?” I asked him.

He smirked and walked closer to me. “I noticed that no one here really pays attention to you.”

I looked down and fiddled with my fingers. I suddenly felt my shoulder being touched. I jolted up and stared at him.

“You know…you’re kinda cute.” He said with a smirk.

I couldn’t believe what was happening. Is he hitting on me, or is this ual harassment? Either way, I didn’t feel comfortable. “I’m s-sorry. I need to get home.” I said as I opened the door and ran out.

~~~

“This will have to do.” My boss scoffed at me. “You really need to improve on your writing skills Cha Hakyeon.”

I gave him a fake smile and nodded. “I’ll start to work on them then.”

“Do it on your own time though.” He handed me a list of errands. “Get all these things done by today. Try not to disappoint me this time.”

I bowed at him and left his office. I took a deep breath before staring at the list again. He listed things from visiting past clients to picking up personal things for him. I’m not his guinea pig, why does he make me do all these things? I sighed and proceeded with the errands.

After I finished everything, I headed to the office to give him his things.

“Thanks boy.” He proceeded to grab his jacket to leave.

“Um…don’t I get refurbished for the items?” I asked him.

He let out a loud laugh. “You’re lucky enough to get a job here. Also, don’t expect to get paid for overtime. Not my fault you took too long with everything.”

He walked right past me and left. I stood there and began to laugh. Why is this my life?


“Sorry I’m late ________. I had to work…overtime.” I said as I walked into our home. I heard no response.

“______?” I asked again. I the light to see her with her head down, in her arms. I tapped her shoulder to make her look up at me. I smiled back at her. “Tired?”

She paused for a bit, but then nodded. “Did you eat?” I asked her. She shook her head. I could tell she seemed a bit down, but I didn’t want to drag it out of her.

I grabbed her hand and smiled at her. “I’ll take you somewhere before we eat.” I locked the apartment door and left.

~~~

We arrived at a riverbank, and he immediately sat me down beside him. “I always come here to calm my head. It’s very relaxing.” He told me.

I looked over at the river as I listened to the water flow along it. He’s right. It’s relaxing.

“Hey~! You’re smiling~!” he giggled. I never realised I was smiling, so I blushed and quickly covered it. He grabbed my hands to uncover my mouth. “You look better with a smile.” He said with a huge smile. I’m lucky it’s pretty dark outside, because my whole face flushed red.

“I’ll go grab something cheap for us to eat. Stay here.” He told me as he opened his wallet to see how much money he has. I got up and reached into my jacket pocket for my wallet. “Let me at least pay for mine.”

He shook his head. “No. I brought you here; let me buy you dinner.” I know that I won’t win if I continue arguing about this, so I let him go. I sat back down and stared at the river until he got back. After a couple of minutes, he came back and handed me a hot dog. He sat down and said, “Sorry I can only buy you this. A restaurant is too expensive and I haven’t gotten my paycheck yet.” I shook my head. “It’s fine. Plus it’s nice to eat by such a great view.” He smiled back and began to eat his hot dog.

We spent a good hour by the riverbank before returning back to the apartment. I never enjoyed myself like this before. Once we entered the apartment, I turned to him and bowed. “Thank you for a great dinner.” He giggled and grabbed my shoulders to straighten me. “You’re welcome.” As he released my shoulders, I grabbed his hand. “I really mean it. I’ve never had a dinner that would be memorable.” I told him in a low voice. I looked up at his face to find him in shock, but he soon softened his face with a smile. “Thank you then. It means a lot to me that you enjoyed yourself.” He then walked into his room. “Is it alright if I take my shower first?” he yelled. “Sure.” I shouted back.

~~~

I the water and stepped into the shower. I let the water drip down my head and onto my body as I thought about what _______ said. Tears started to form and mixed with the water. It feels so good to be thanked, even if it`s for something this small. “Maybe I can be happy again.”


Sorry for not updating. Never really thought of a story for this chapter, so I really hope everyone enjoyed it.

I added a bonus N pic for everyone. Look at all that nope.