A!!!

Student of the year

Baekhyun finally understood why people hated and feared this school months later. It was disgusting but he wasn’t going to back off so quickly. It took a lot of effort for him to attend this school and he’ll graduate no matter what. Hyuna was distracting him a lot. She was always flirting with him when Chanyeol wasn’t around. He did like her but it was wrong. She was taken by Chanyeol who, he had gotten to be close friends with. The second part of the competition was coming up and there wasn’t really a way to prepare for a scavenger hunt. However the sixteen people left were to report to the office to be put in teams. Baekhyun didn’t know why but he’ll have to ask them when he gets there.

 

“ Baekhyun we are on the same team.” Kyungsoo said smiling. Baekhyun smiled and looked at his other team mates.

 

“Welcome teammate” Hyuna winked. Baekhyun smiled and Chanyeol walked over.

 

They all gathered in front of the principal after getting to know their teams for a bit. The principle smiled. “ How are you all?”

 

No one answered and he awkwardly coughed. “ Alright then. Now that you are in your four teams the next part of the competition will start.  You will have a certain time to do series of things understand?”

 

“ Yes.”

 

“ The two groups that first finish will move on.”

 

The principle handed out the list and left. The groups disbanded. Group one was Baekhyun, Hyuna, Kyungsoo and Jongin. Group two was Chanyeol, Jiyeon, Siwon and Tiffany. Group three was Krystal, Taemin, Luhan and Victoria. Group four was Yoseob, Dara, Seungri and Hyungseung.

 

Group one

“ So what do we do first?” Jongin asked. Baekhyun paused and looked at the list. “ It says we have to make Mrs. Oh’s baby cry.”

 

“ What?” Kyungsoo asked in disbelief.

 

“ I got this, Babies always cry looking at me.” Hyuna said flipping her hair. All three looked at her weirdly. “ I don’t think that’s a good thing.”

 

“ Well they just do okay.”

 

“ Whatever. Let’s go find her.”

 

Mrs. Oh opened her house door shocked to see the group. She smiled after a bit. “ Hey kids. Never have I thought students would visit me.”

 

“ Sorry to bother you,” they bowed.

 

“ No problem. What can I help you with?”

 

“ Can we see your kid? It’s part of the competition.” she nodded and came back out with a baby boy. She smiled but the baby gave them a blank stare. “ This is my precious Sehun. Why?” Hyuna stood in front of him and glared but Sehun didn’t budge. She turned to the guys. “ This might be harder than we thought.”

 

Group two

“  Ugh why did we get stuck with this? We aren’t even close” Jiyeon complained.

 

“ We’ll maybe if you stop complaining and holding us back every five seconds maybe we’ll be done.” Chanyeol pointed out.

 

“ We’ll I am sorry. I wouldn’t have worn heels if I knew we would be walking in the forest.”

Jiyeon remarked.” They started arguing while  Siwon and Tiffany looked at them  in disbelief.

 

“ Ya! this isn’t the time to be arguing! We are a team. We have to work together.” The two of them nodded and continued walking further in to find the treasure.

 

Group one

 

Baekhyun paced back and forth in the room along with the other boys. Hyuna stood in the corner rubbing her forehead. They were at Mrs. Oh’s house for about an hour now and still didn’t understand the purpose of this.

 

“ Ya! Would you stop pacing? You’re giving me a headache!” Hyuna yelled annoyed.

 

“ Well maybe we wouldn't’ have too if you just made the baby cry.”

 

“ Look  nerd it’s not my fault. All babies cry and I don’t know what’s wrong with this one.”

 

“ Whatever dramaqueen.”

 

“ What did you call me?”

 

“ Nothing.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head trying to clear his thoughts. There had to be something. It’s not that hard to make a baby cry right? Baekhyun walked over and stared at Sehun. The baby stared back with an emotionless expression. Baekhyun reached over and gently pinched Sehun’s side causing the boy to sniffle. Baekhyun quickly pulled his phone out and recorded it before walking out.

 

“ Where are you going?”

 

“ I got it! Let’s go.” The other three ran and followed confused.

 

Group two

 

After a hour of walking the group reached the middle of the forest. There was a hut in the middle surrounded by trees. Jiyeon tried walking only to be tripped. Chanyeol ran over and helped her.

 

“ There’s a pattern. We have to choose the right side this time or else it will explode.”

 

“ Look. This one’s roots are smaller. It must be this one.” everyone ran over and entered the hut. It was completely empty except for a small box on the floor. Chanyeol picked it up and tried opening it up.

 

“ It’s locked which means Mr. Park has the ke. Let’s hurry back,” with that the group ran back to the school. They arrived at the gates at the same time as group one. The groups stood in front of each other staring each other down. Chanyeol however looked at Baekhyun worriedly. The other was breathing hard and looked pale. Was their mission really serious? Knowing that Baekhyun won’t give up easily for his health Chanyeol stopped and started walking away. Everyone gaped and looked at him confused.

 

“ Where are you going? Your father is in the office!” He ignored them and continued walking away. He stopped in front of the library and sat down on the bench. He pulled his phone, “ hello mr. Kim. Yes I am sorry to bother you but one of the students in the competition is looking seriously ill. If I remember it’s Byun Baekhyun yes and he’s breathing hard. Thank you and please hurry.” Chanyeol hung up and leaned back against the bench. He messaged his forehead before messing his hair up.

 

“ Are you stupid?” Chanyeol looked up just as Siwon sat next to him.

 

“ What?” Chanyeol asked confused.

 

“ At least give us the box if you are going to run away.” Siwon teased grabbing the small item.

 

“ Aren’t you mad?”

 

“ No. I don’t know what happened but I am sure you had your reasons so we’ll leave it at that. Take your time and come when you are ready.We are not mad so don’t stress it.”

 

“ Thanks hyung.” Chanyeol smiled and Siwon smiled back at him before walking away towards the office.

 

“ Chanyeol!” Chanyeol looked up and saw nurse Kim running up to him.

 

“ Have you seen Baekhyun?”Chanyeol nodded and pointed to the office. He thanked him and ran off that direction;the younger slowly following behind.

 

" Baekhyun!"

 

Chanyeol froze at the doorway as mr. Kim pushed the crowd of students away before kneeling in front of the small figure huddled against the floor. He was breathing heavily and his face was losing color. Chanyeol felt his heart tighten. He finally made a true best friend who didn't like him for his money and now this was happening. He looked over shocked as Baekhyun kept crying. Chanyeol ran over and pushed Hyuna in front of Baekhyun. She looked at him confused before realizing that she needed to confront him. A couple of minutes later Baekhyun calmed down and passed out. Coach Jung and Jongin helped carry Baekhyun to his dorm. Chanyeol was held back to talk private with mr. Kim.

 

“Chanyeol you have to watch out because  this competition is very crucial for him.”

 

“ Why do you say that mr. Kim?”

 

“ Baekhyun has had bad lungs since young. It was from an accident. He will go from breathing really fast to not breathing at all. He won’t survive any longer if he keeps pushing himself? For what, this stupid competition?”

 

“ So we have to get him to lose?”

 

“ Yes and I know you are capable of doing that Chanyeol.”

 

“ I understand.” Chanyeol bowed before walking away.

 

“ What is my darling doing looking stressed?” someone asked wrapping their muscular arms around mr. Kim.

 

Jaejoong smiled before turning around to hug his lover. “ You always come at the right time love.”

 

Yunho chuckled before pecking the smaller’s lips, “ of course. After all I am your guardian angel. Now tell me your problem.”

 

“ Baekhyun is sick but he’s so persistent. He knows he doesn’t have much time left yet, he still wants to do all this and risk his life.”

 

“ Jaejoon that’s exactly why. He doesn’t have much strength left but he wants to be treated like everyone. If you and everyone keep treating him like this it will only be more painful for him.” Jaejoong nodded wiping his tears before punching Yunho’s arm.

 

“ When did you get so smart?”

 

Yunho smirked as, he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. “ I had a good teacher.”

Jaejoong chuckled as, he wrapped his arms around the other’s neck “ Oh yeah. What else did he teach you?”

 

“ That it’s not okay for P.D.A! Like ever!” Both teachers looked at the shocked students at the doorframe and chuckled.

 

“ Well students we are in love so deal with it.” mr. Jung said sticking his tongue out.

 

“ Yes! I knew it. You owe me fifty bucks Taemin!” Jongin yelled as the other boy groaned. The teachers looked shocked realizing that the students betted on them dating. Mr. Kim shook his head before standing up.

 

“ Have fun students. I have a patient waiting for me.”

 

“ Can I come with?” Chanyeol, Hyuna, Jongin and Kyungsoo asked. Mr. Kim shook his head, “ I’ll take Chanyeol for now and the rest later okay?” The group nodded and Jaejoong smiled at how understanding they were. He pecked Yunho’s cheek and closed the door not before hearing the student’s “ eww” chorus in the room.

 

Mr. Kim unlocked the room and placed his things at the desk. He placed a bowl and rag on the table before removing putting on his jacket. He stood up and pulled Chanyeol over towards Baekhyun.

 

“ I have to go get a few things but I’ll be right back. Soak the towel, wipe his sweat and check his forehead okay?” Chanyeol nodded and Mr. Kim walked out of the room. Chanyeol soaked the towel and placed it on the boy’s forehead. He went to get the thermometer when the door opened. He looked up shocked, “ Hyuna what are you doing here?”

 

She smiled sheepishly, “ I was worried for both of you so I snuck out during the laps.”

 

“ Here check his temperature while I go to the bathroom real quick okay?” She nodded and Chanyeol walked out towards the restroom. Hyuna sat down next to Baekhyun and lightly shook him. The lad stirred before his eyes fluttered open and landed on Hyuna. He weakly smiled before sitting up. Hyuna got up and helped him before opening his mouth. “ Be careful you are still weak.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled as Hyuna checked his temperature, “ you sound like a nagging mom.”

 

“Ya! I am trying to help.” Baekhyun smiled, “ I know thanks.”

 

It went to  a comfortable silence and both were staring at each other; both leaning closer. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Hyuna pulling her closer as their lips connected. Just before both could realize what was happening, Hyuna was pulled away. Baekhyun looked up only to be punched square in the jaw. He shook his head and looked back only to be punched again.

 

“ You ing ! I trusted you and you go backstabbing me by kissing my girlfriend!”

 

“ Chanyeol stop hitting him! Please!” Hyuna pleaded. Chanyeol ignored her and pulled Baekhyun up by force. The younger was coughing but the younger’s grip only tightened.

 

“ Chanyeol let go! You are going to kill him!” Mr. Kim yelled running over. Only then did Chanyeol notice that Baekhyun was breathing intensely and his face paled. He slowly let go and started backing up before sliding against the wall. He... he almost killed Baekhyun. He shook his head and covered his ears to get rid of the agonizing sounds. Hyuna crying. Baekhyun weakly trying to breathe and talk. Mr. Kim yelling in the phone and trying to calm Baekhyun. The last thing he noticed before blacking out was the pain and regret on his best friends face.

 



Update! lol soryfor taking so long, please don't kill me. i have had writter's block but I'm back now. Hope you enjoyed. Please comment and let me know what you think

XOXO Annie