Remember when I...

Student of the year

 

Epilogue

 

“ Chanyeol aren’t you going to eat breakfast?” Chanyeol stopped at the door before turning around towards his husband. He gave his famous toothy smile but it didn’t work. He was dragged by the ear to the kitchen.

 

“ Oww! Baekhyun I am late! I don’t have time.”

 

“ I said breakfast Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said giving him that stern look. Chanyeol sighed before complying.

 

“ Good.” Baekhyun said before setting a plate of eggs and toast down. They sat down and ate breakfast; of course Baekhyun always fed him like a child. And he had enough of it “ Open aww”

 

“ God damn it Baekhyun! I am a grown man! I can eat by myself you know?”

 

“ Oh.” Baekhyun froze before placing the spoon down. He got up and placed his dish in the sink before weakly smiling at Chanyeol, who felt like a total .

“ I am going to go lie down for a bit. Have a good day at work.”

 

“ Wait Baekhyun.. I didn’t..”

 

“ No you are going to be late.  You should eat and go.” Baekhyun said in a rush before scrabbling away.

 

“ Damn it!” Chanyeol muttered calling his work office before walking up towards the bedroom. He opened the door to see Baekhyun on the bathroom floor sobbing. He looked up and Chanyeol just wanted to punch himself for making his angel cry. Baekhyun wiped his tears before quickly standing up, “ Oh Chanyeol did you forget something?”

 

“ Yeah.” Chanyeol walked over and hugged the shorter tightly before kissing his forehead.

“ I am sorry. I just have been so stressed and I took it out on you.”

 

“ It’s okay. I know I treat you like a baby but because of my illness, I am afraid I will be gone one day. And I want to treat you as best as I can.” Chanyeol hated himself even more now.

 

“ No! No! Baby don’t think like that. I love you so much and I am already happy enough with you.”

 

“ I love you too Chanyeol.”

 

“ Now I really have to go to work or my father’s gonna lecture me again okay?” Baekhyun chuckled and looked at Chanyeol, who was pouting before speaking, “ Cutie you need to go.”

Chanyeol smiled and kissed his forehead before rushing out. Baekhyun smiled taking a small breath; thankful for Chanyeol to be by his side. His eyes traveled to a picture on the nightstand and he sighed again. As he stared at the frame, memories of seven years ago came rushing back to him.

 

“ Hyuna I am sorry but I don’t love you anymore. I love Baekhyun.” Chanyeol confessed squeezing the brunette's hand tightly as he stared at the hospital room entrance. She stared at both males in shock and Baekhyun almost felt bad until- “ Oh my god! Yes! Finally!”

 

“ Eh!”

 

“ You both are so slow! I was wondering how long it would take for you two to date”

 

“ You are not mad?” Chanyeol asked confused.

 

“ No. I am so happy for you.” She smiled. Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other and smiled.

 

Baekhyun caressed the picture before grabbing his phone. He quickly dialed the familiar number and waited patiently.

 

“ Hello,” a sweet voice asked.

 

“ Hi. Is this Hyuna?”

 

“ No. Mommy is in the shower. Would you like to talk to daddy?” the sweet voice asked. Baekhyun smiled, “ yes I would.”

 

“ Hello,” a new deeper voice asked.

 

“ Hey man just wondering how you are after all these years.”

 

“ I would be better if you both were here.” he teased and Baekhyun shook his head.

 

“ Of course you would punk. How’s Hyuna?”

 

“ She finally stopped complaining about you two four years ago when our baby girl was born. But sometimes she thinks of you two and starts tearing up.”

 

“ Hey continue taking good care of her.”

 

“ I am man!” Baekhyun shook his head because he could tell the male was pouting.

 

“ Who is on the phone?” Baekhyun heard the familiar voice ask. “ It’s Baekhyun.”

 

“ Baekhyun! How are you? I miss you! Are you healthy? Is Chanyeol health? Are you married? Do you have kids? Do you miss me as much as I miss you? Ahh Baekhyun!” Baekhyun pulled the phone away for a bit before shaking his head in disbelief. He smiled and chuckled, “ I am fine Hyuna and yes we both miss you. And we do not have kids but we are married “

 

“ Baekhyun will you and Chanyeol come to Hanna’s 5th birthday party?

 

Baekhyun smiled, “ of course Hyuna. Wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

 

Hyuna looked at the smiling couple on the hospital bed and felt her heart ache. She smiled at them and excused herself before quickly running outside towards the hospital garden. She sat down on a bench and started crying. She regretted everything she has done. She caused both Baekhyun and Chanyeol pain but now she would make them happy.

 

“ Hyuna?” Hyuna looked up in confusion at the male.

 

“ What are you doing here?” she asked wiping her tears.

 

“ I was visiting my grandma and saw you running, so I followed,” he said handing her a napkin. She smiled and wiped her tears, “ thanks.”

 

“ of course, “ he smiled before sitting next to her.

 

“ You did the right thing,” he suddenly spoke causing Hyuna to look at him confused.
“ You did the right thing letting them be together.” She closed her eyes remembering BaekYeol’s smile and nodded.

 

“ Besides that just helps me a lot.”

 

“ What do you mean?” she asked looking up at him. He smiled before kneeling in front of her. She laughed at his silly action but froze when his face turned serious and he grabbed her hands.

“ Hello, I am Jang Hyun Seung and I like you Kim Hyuna a lot. Will you go out on a date with me?”

 

“ What a sight.” Chanyeol smirked entering his bedroom. Baekhyun’s legs were spread on the bed as his head rested on the dashboard. He was reading a book and was biting down on the side of his glasses. Baekhyun looked up and shook his head at the y man.

 

“ Can I read what you are reading handsome?” Chanyeol asked leaning against him on the bed. Baekhyun kissed his forehead and pushed him back.

 

“ No but you can go shower you stink.” Chanyeol pouted and looked directly at Baekhyun.

 

“ Fine but after you take a shower.” Baekhyun sighed.

 

“ Yes!” Chanyeol gave him a quick before running into the bathroom. Baekhyun shook his head at his lover. 15 minutes later Chanyeol came out of the shower and layed down next to Baekhyun who was peacefully sleeping. He kissed his forehead, “ love sorry I took so long.”

Baekhyun opened his eyes and smiled looking slowly up at the taller man. Chanyeol smiled at him and held him tightly.

 

“ Baekhyun have I ever told you  love you?” Chanyeol asked. Baehyun chuckled before smiling, “ of course and I love you too.”

 

“ Do you remember when I beat you in the student of the year competition?” Chanyeol smirked.

 

“ That was only because I was sick you jerk” Baekhyun frowned.

 

“ Oh yeah. Wanna bet?” Chanyeol smirked.

 

“ Yeah. Let’s go race right now!” Baekhyun said sitting up and walking outside, followed by Chanyeol.

 

“ We run all the way to the corner store and back the hill okay?” Baekhyun nodded and both got in starting position. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun’s determined face and smiled. He walked over and kissed Baekhyun’s lips before yelling “ Go!”

Baekhyun stood frozen with a blush before realization hit him. He looked at Chanyeol, who smirked at him before he continued to run.

 

“ Ya! Park Chanyeol come back here! You are so dead!” The blonde haired man yelled running after him.

 

“ Come and get me my handsome Park Baekhyun!” the black hair male yelled turning around to blow his husband a kiss; only to be tackled on the ground. Chanyeol opened his eyes to see that he had his hands wrapped securely around Baekhyun who fell on him.

 

“ You okay babe?” he asked brushing Baekhyun’s hair to the side. Baekhyun quickly pecked him and nodded before sticking his tongue out. He quickly stood up and ran away from the pouting giant on the ground.

 

“ Oh it is on Park Baekhyun,” Chanyeol smirked running after his husband.