Chapter Six

Pinky Promise

“Hyukjae-ah! Wake up!”

Donghae whispered gently into Hyukjae’s ear as he climbed into Hyukjae’s bed. 

Just like usual, like a habit that Donghae can never get rid of, he gets into Hyukjae’s cover and hugged him tightly from behind. His soft fingers run through Hyukjae’s smooth and silky golden hair. His eyes fixed on Hyukjae’s silhouette, the faint moon light glared from outside the window, highlighting on Hyukjae’s y jawline. The pristine snow lined up on the corners of the window, reflecting the luminous light that drew attention to Donghae’s clear skin.

“Let’s go get coffee!” Donghae exclaimed. 

Hyukjae opened his eyes a little, still lost in his foggy dream. He slowly turned his head and glanced at the clock. The lucid and bright blue numbers made his eyes squint.

1:30 AM

“Huh…hmm…?” Hyukjae murmured, he turned and faced Donghae. His long eyelashes covered his exhausted eyes, his arm pulled Donghae closer to fill his empty side. 

Donghae looked closer at Hyukjae, so close that they could feel each other’s breath.

Unable to turn my gaze away
Like a fool, I could only lose myself in you
I want to walk together with you for a lifetime
I will protect you, I love you, oh love


Hyukjae felt Donghae’s gaze and slowly opened his eyes. 

He looked into Donghae’s attractive eyes, outlined by the deep double eyelids. “The eyes of King of Tears…”Hyukjae thought. He reached his hand and touched Donghae’s face, feeling every feature of his face, a face so beautiful that even Aphrodite would be envious of. He looked downwards, his pale fingers sketching out Donghae’s sweet and soft lips. “The charming lips of the Angel of Smiles….”Hyukjae thought. 

 ‘Cause you are so beautiful
Let me gasp against your lips, to say this phrase, “I love you”
Cause you are so beautiful
Just stay by my side (you belong only to me)


He asked Donghae, “Why are there wars?” 

Donghae knew what Hyukjae was going to do, but he pretended to be clueless. 

“Huh?”

Hyukjae stole a quick kiss from Donghae.

“Because you dropped your guard.”

‘Cause you are so beautiful
I want your lips to belong only to me



“Let’s go together.” Hyukjae said as he grabbed Donghae’s hands.  

‘Cause you are so beautiful
I will never let go of these hands I hold so tightly


He slowly got up from the bed, Donghae kept resting his head on Hyukjae’s shoulder as Hyukjae picked out the clothes to wear.

1:45AM

They walked through the icy roads together. Hyukjae put his arm around Donghae’s shoulder, pulling him closer and closer as the cold wind blew on their faces.

“Are you cold?” Hyukjae asked.

“I’m okay.”

Donghae answered while his teeth were chattering. Hyukjae’s hand slips from Donghae’s shoulder to reach for Donghae’s hand. Their fingers naturally locked with each other’s, Hyukjae tightly squeezed Donghae’s hand and put it in his own pocket. 

Baby baby, you were warmer than the scent of a cafe latte

They looked at each other and smiled.

2:00AM

Our first date was sweet like a caramel macchiato
Wherever we went, we wanted to go together


 “Even if we are walking on an icy road, let’s walk through it together” Donghae thought as they walk into the coffee shop. Little did Donghae know, reality can knock someone's plan out. 

The coffee shop welcomed them with warmth; the sweet fragrance of coffee filled the room. 

Baby baby, you’re a caramel macchiato
Your scent is still sweet on my lips
Baby baby tonight