Chapter Three

Pinky Promise

Songs used in this chapter:

Seo Young Eun -  Though It seems Forgotten

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGa3qgMAo7Q

Epik High - Fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-BlFYvdcF0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pink petals fly across the sky, some were dancing in circles on the ground. 

The wind took away the petals from its tree, separating it from its home and carry it on to its own journey. 

Cherry blossoms wilts in a matter of a few days; even happiness wilts in a melancholy. 

Nothing lasts forever. 

The path inside the park lined with rows of cherry blossoms, Hyukjae and Donghae took a seat on the long wooden bench. Hyukjae took a sip from his strawberry milk while Donghae munched on his taco. 

“Ahhhh~ finally we get an hour break!” Donghae let out a sigh.

“I never knew SM was a place like this, we train so hard every day and they never said anything about debut.” Hyukjae sighed too. 

“Well, I never knew I can meet you again after 8 years.” Donghae joked. His lips twitched into a smile, “But what happened to you 10 years ago? You…disappeared…” He regretted asking this, he shouldn’t have intruded with a question like this. 

Hyukjae asked, “You really want to know?”

“Sorry I don’t mean to be nosy…”

“It’s okay, I trust you.”

A rush of warmth flow through Donghae’s heart, “Thanks.”

There was a strained silence.

 “My father was a murderer.” Hyukjae silently muttered.

My throat is choking up, I can’t even speak

I’m, blankly looking only at the sky and crying

I try to forget. Please let me forget, alone

I keep telling myself to stop

Donghae’s eyes widened and Hyukjae continue.

“I was only 10, I didn’t know what really happened. But that night, father left and never came back. That was when everything was crumbling down. Mom was crying and kept telling me that she is sorry. I don’t know what she is sorry for. And the next day, she left and never came back either. I stayed home quietly during that week, waiting and waiting for phone calls that never came. There was no food, there was no more water. When I woke up, they told me that I passed out and a neighbor took me to a children protection center.”

Hyukjae gulped.  

 “I was horrified, I asked them for my parents and they told me that will come back for me. I believed it at first, but I remember the look on my mom’s eyes. Filled with ambivalent feelings of streaks of hatred, sadness and guilt. Two years passed and no one came. I knew it.”

There's no light even if you see with your eyes opened.
The road is too far even if you live with a dream.
Breathing heavily on your own way.
They turned back even if you say truth.


 “Other kids at the center have heard about it, they were all scared of me. At one point, a kid even said that whoever befriend me will be killed by my father. I didn’t make any friends there. But I don’t believe that my father is a murderer. My hero… would never be a murderer. One time I overheard the social worker there, my mom went missing and my father was jailed. I remember myself screaming and crying out, that was the only time I really cried. Because that’s the time I know for sure that they will never come back. But it is so hard to believe it though, you know? And then the happy moments were faded, I feel like they were merely a fantasy or illusions in my mind. What I faced in the center was the actual reality, so I didn’t give much thought about investigating it anymore.”

Aren't you tired? (I'm tired.)
Cruel world laughs at you also today.
You're downhearted front of the mirror.
Drainning a shot of liquor alonely again.
Don't know where to go


“Finally two years ago, I left the center.”  

Now, I think it’s better if I forget about you

So I can stop being tired.

Shocked from Hyukjae’s past, Donghae was speechless. He realized he should say something, “Hyukjae-ah, from now on, whatever problem you have, or anything that bothers you. Tell me. You can tell me anything. And that is a fact that wouldn’t change.”

Touched by Donghae’s kind heart, Hyukjae smiled at him, “Komawo…”
" You know... I never told anyone about this, and no one was willing to listen... I never knew it would feel so good to tell someone."

Their eyes met, a spark passed through in between them. 

A spark that triggered their love.

Hyukjae let out a deep breath as he looked up at the sky. 

Heavy weights were lifted from his shoulders. Knots were untangled. And tight grips were released. 

It feels so much lighter. 

You can fly 
Than birds in the white sky.
You Can Fly Higher 
Only one of you and me