Chapter Two

Pinky Promise

Song in this chapter:

Love is Sweet by Super Junior-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbcXJ1gS8KI

------------------------------------------------------------------ 

The moonlight shone through the window, making Donghae’s tears glint. Donghae hugged his legs and leaned his chin on his knee. 

Hyukjae passed by Donghae’s room, although he didn’t hear the sobbing, but he felt the depressing ambiance slipping out from inside. He raised his hand and knocked on the wooden door. 

No answer. 

Hyukjae slowly turned the door knob and invite himself in, only to see the trembling body on his bed. Frightened expression shock through his eyes, he quickly pull Donghae into his arms. 

“B-bada…. H-he… p-passed away…” Hiccups combined with sobs, tears combined with whines, Donghae couldn’t stop crying. Hyukjae held Donghae’s face in hands.

Hyukjae remember the time when Donghae met Bada, the small white Maltese terrier was very affectionate, and he jumped into Donghae’s arms and hid in his coat. Yelping happily and wigging its tail, its huge eyes resemble Donghae’s eyes. Donghae gave a light peck on its head. Despite being an abandoned old dog, Bada was as pristine and innocent as he if never experienced anything horrible. And of course, Donghae took it home without hesitation. 

Hyukjae remember the time when they took Bada out to the park. But they didn’t get to play much because Donghae was busy taking pictures of himself and Bada. “Who’s cuter??” Donghae would stick out his tongue and Bada would look adorably into the camera. Hyukjae lightly slapped Donghae’s face, his lips formed a childish smile, “Of course Bada is cuter than you!” “Yah!” Donghae grinned, pushing Hyukjae’s face away, “okay okay you can leave now ;p” 

Hyukjae remember the time when they took Bada out for a walk, the leash was loosened and Bada scampered around the corner and out of sight. Donghae chased hastily after Bada. Whoooshhh A bus sped right by, Hyukjae yanked Donghae backwards, they both fell on the floor. The hard concrete pressed against Hyukjae’s back, the pain strikingly traveled from his spine to the rest of the body, he felt as if his back was broken into a million pieces. On the other hand, Donghae didn’t feel any pain. Of course, it’s because Hyukjae used all his will to push Donghae up and serve as a safety mat for Donghae. 

Donghae got up from the floor and put Hyukjae on his back. Hyukjae drowned his face between Donghae’s shoulder blades. “Mianhae…mianhae… mianhae!!” Donghae cried, tears rolled down his face as he carry Hyukjae back to their dorm. Holding Hyukjae’s weight on his back with one hand, Donghae fished the metal key from his pants pockets and opened the door to their dorm. Donghae carefully put Hyukjae down on his bed, grabbing some bandages on the way. At the same time Bada ran inside their room, its tail was down as it climbed up the bed. Hyukjae felt something warm and moist on his hand, Bada stuck its pink tongue out and Hyukjae’s hand as if to apologize. Hyukjae patted Bada in return and laughed at Donghae’s teary face. 

And the last thing Donghae remember was falling asleep on Hyukjae’s shoulders. 

Happiness goes on show, the drama is mildly sweet and I lightly touched your face

Happy and prominently we stick to each other

Happiness does not hide from being suspicious

We live in each other’s heart, day by day piling up our longing

The next morning, a white fluffy ball was the first thing Donghae saw when he opened his eyes. He touched the soft and pure fur, he knew it wasn’t Bada… but… what is this?

Hyukjae entered the room quietly with a cup of milk, “I bought a stuffed animal that represents Bada… even though Bada passed away… he will always be with us…” 

“Hyukjae..!! Thank you!” Donghae took the cup of milk and put his arms around Hyukjae’s waist and leaned on it. Hyukjae felt a sudden rush of warmth inside his body where Donghae was leaning on, his face was covered with a flush of pink, he was thankful that Donghae didn’t see it… 

“Hyukjae! Be my puppy!!” A blast of enthusiasm spread across Donghae’s face. 

“Bwooo???!! N-No! Did you think I would do that??” Hyukjae rolled his eyes in disbelief. 

“Aii…. Didn’t you say you would do anything to make me stop crying?? Hyukjae-ahhhh” Donghae pouted and start hitting Hyukjae’s chest. 

Hyukjae was defeated by Donghae’s pout. -___-“

He squatted down and held his hands up as if he’s going to do bbuing bbuing. Donghae was delighted, “Yay~~ Hyukjae became a puppy just for me! Follow my instructions and do it properly, oh?” Hyukjae stuck his tongue out, panting lightly. 

“Hand? Hand?”

Hyukjae gave his hand to Donghae obediently.

"Call me oppa!!" Donghae demanded. 

"OO....oppa..." 

“A cute puppy that only belongs to me, Hyukjae!” Donghae filmed Hyukjae as he was doing it, laughing hysterically. 


Whatever you want I actually know, I know that love should be held loosely

On the bicycle pulling against the wind there is no need for red eyes

Too much applause is a kind of vanity, you know this too

I do not know how to weave that beautiful dream 

But I will let you be pampered and the sincerity given will be put to good use