Chapter 8 - Awkward breakfast

Can't lie anymore

Early next morning


 

Key sat by the table drinking his morning tea while he thought about what to have for breakfast. He couldn’t make the rice himself so that was excluded. He put back the cup on the kitchen table and went to the fridge. When he opened it he realized they only had fermented soybean stew, one of the things he hated the most. Yuck! Disappointed he took his seat by the table again.

 

Now someone entered the room. Key looked over his sholder to see who it was.

“Oh, Taemin! You’re back!” He smiled in relief while the maknae took the other seat next to him.

“Ne, Minho cheered me up so I decided not to leave. I hope I didn’t make you worry too much, mianhae”

“Don’t worry about it, as long as you’re okay that’s fine with me. I’m sorry for my bad behavior, I didn’t mean to act that way but it was quite chocking for me to see two other of my friends kissing” Taemin blushed a little but smiled at him.

“I can understand that, are you okay with all this?” He frowned with a slight worried face.

“Yeah, as long as he makes you happy I can’t say anything about it. You can’t help who you fall in love with, ne?”

Another smile appeared in his face as he watched Key’s cup.

“I guess so. Did you skip breakfast again?” The blackhead’s eyes widen in surprise.

“How did you know?” Taeming laughed and hit him easy on the arm.

“You always drink tea when you don’t have anything else to eat. When are you going to learn how to wash rice?”

“I learn what I want, mom” He rolled his eyes. Taemin enjoyed the moment of feeling a little better than his hyung for once. He started with some cooking.

“By the way, where is Onew and Jonghyun hyung? Did Onew come back?” He was curious as always. Key winced by the question, he hadn’t really thought about what happend with his friends last night. He had been so tired that he just went to bed and fell asleep immediately.

“I don’t know...I haven’t seen them since yesterday. Ne, Onew hyung returned”

Taemin finished his dish for his friend and served him some fried noodles with chicken.

“That’s odd...maybe they went out on a date or something” He smiled and placed himself on the empty chair and crossed his legs. Key stared at the plate with sceptical eyes.

“Have you forgotten your lenses or something? Or does I look like Onew to you?” Taemin frowned as he pouted.

“You make your own food if this doesn’t suit a diva like you” The older boy stand up quickly.

“And what do you mean by that?! Damn, Tae baby!!” Taemin grabbed the chef knife from the kitchen counter and pointed it at his hyung.

“Careful YOU!! Or I’ll stab you with this!!” The maknae took a step closer to him with the sharp object. Key ran backwards as fast as he could and when he passed by the tap he saw a bottle of water. He took the bottle and threw the water so that the blond’s shirt got soaked.

“YAH!! STUPID GIRLISH FOOL!!” The small smirk Key had just a second ago disappeared just the moment after Taemin’s comment.

“GO TO HELL ANNOYING CHILD!!” He pushed him against the cupboard. Luckily for the younger boy, he saw some jalapeños that Jonghyun had left there. Taemin steped on Key’s foot and when he opened his mouth in pain he hurried to place the hot chili fruit in there. It started to burn on the tongue.

“UUUUHHHHH!!” He took it out while tears appeared in his eyes. The poor boy wasn’t used to these spicy things. Taemin laughed and saw how his eyes soon were popping out of his face both of the heat and the anger. Now the pink boy grabbed his wrist and twisted it with all his power.

“AAAOOUCH!! Key let go!!” Just when the sensitive maknae had started to cry someone stormed into the kitchen.

“Yah! What are you two doing?! And this early in the morning?” Onew crossed his arms as he leaned on the doorframe. The both of them turned to face the leader.

“Taemin tried to poison me with this freaking jalapeño!! And he treats me like an idiot!” Taemin hit him on the arm.

“Who’s poisoning anyone? I was just feeding you when you were hungry...and you deserved that after making me all wet”. He pouted and rolled his eyes.

“I can’t believe the two of you! The first second you’re like an family and the next it’s like third world war in here. Please, calm down”. Onew made a really serious facial expression and Key let go of the younger boy and went back to his seat by the table with an annoyed look.

“Good boy” The blackhead smirked as he joined him. Key stared at him.

“I’m not in a mood” Taemin took the third chair and now they all sat there. Onew noticed the chicken dish before him and smiled brightly of joy.

“Is that chicken???” He looked at the other two before he started to gormandize every single piece of it. Key and Taemin glanced at eachother and shook their heads.

“Chickenmaniac” they said at once.

Taemin studied the room for a few seconds before he frown.

“Where is Jonghyun-ah? Have you seen him hyung?” He faced Onew which only had a chicken wing left on the plate before him. When he heard the question he choked and started to cough.

Key watched him with suspicious eyes. What’s with him? Have Jonghyun done anything to him or something? Then another thought hit him.

“What happend yesterday?”

“N-nothing r-really…” He avoided eyecontact with both of them as he felt how his pulse raised.

“I can tell you’re lying hyung”  

Key were just about to ask another question when Jonghyun screamed from his and Onew’s bedroom.

“Ushi~~!! You’re up?!!”

The other two glanced at Onew with a wondering facial expression. Onew gasped and stared at them before he answered with a huge blush.

“N-ne! I’m i-in the kitchen!!” The three of them sat all quiet now and waited for a reply.

“You were amazing yesterday” The second oldest member said as he entered the kitchen. When he saw Key and Taemin his face went red like an tomatoe and he froze in his position. Key’s eyes widen as he opened his mouth but he couldn’t even make a sound.

“So you DID IT huh?” Taemin smirked and was the only one who was calm. Onew and Jonghyun blushed even more but non of them could deny it.

“Your first time I guess?” The maknae really enjoyed this and he wanted answers. Onew nodded and glanced at his boyfriend who tried a smile. Actually he didn’t want to share all the details with everyone but he felt like he had no choice. He got more nervouss while he waited for the next question from his curious friend.

“How was it? Is it really that wonderful as everyone says?” Key cut him off.

“TAE BABY!! You can’t ask that! Don’t they at least have a little privacy?” Even he was embaressed by now.

“But, I find this interesting” Another innocent smile. Key shoke his head and glanced at Jonghyun.

“Would you tell us about your “first time”?” His attitude was almost threatening.

“Maybe I would” The blond pouted and turned to face Onew. “Please hyung, can’t you at least say something about it?” Onew tried to avoid his eyes again. Why asking me?! Couldn’t Jong say something?!!

“Uhm...i-it w-was t-the best f-feeling...I-I e-ever h-had…” He blushed even more. (A/N: If that’s possible xD)

Jonghyun smiled for himself and couldn’t help to get a little .

“I did go gentle on him though” His face had gotten back it’s natural color and he backhugged Onew.

“J-jong…” Key left the chair.

“This makes me sick”

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm so sorry that it took me so long to post this chapter!! Thank you again for waiting, and I hope you really enjoy this one :) Please subscribe and comment if you like ^^