Chapter 3: Meeting Samchon

You're Too Beautiful

 

“Hello passengers. This is your captain speaking. We’ll be landing at Incheon International Airport in around five minutes. The time is 7:20 pm. The weather right now is -2 degrees celsius and it is lightly snowing folks. Brace yourselves for some cold weather. Once again, thank you for flying with us and welcome to Seoul.”

 

I closed my eyes once again after hearing the announcement. I pretty much cried my eyes out and slept during the entire flight. I only woke up when it was time to eat. I wasn’t ready for what I was going to face here in Korea. I haven’t seen my father ever since he left and I faintly remember him. Same goes for my oppa. All I know is his name. Han Woo Jin. I am nowhere near excited to meet my father’s new wife and the woman who is supposed to be my new mother. Who knows what a horrible witch she can be? I gather my belongings and got off the plane to gather my luggages at the claim. It took a while to find my luggages, but a kind ahjusshi was willing to help me. After everything was done, all that was needed left was to meet up with whoever is present to pick me up.

 

When I entered the arrivals area, I looked around for a big poster with my name on it.  There were many people waiting to see friends and family just like me. There was much screaming of joy to see dear loved ones, many were running to greet their visitors, weeps of happiness along with warm inviting hugs were seen all around as they were all reunited with one another. The chaos in the area, along with the many others searching for their guests made it difficult to find who and what I was looking for. After scanning the crowd a few more times, I found a tall man holding the placard with my name in Hangul on it. The poster man motioned to the right for us to meet properly from the crowd and I immediately followed suit.    

 

I bowed and greeted him properly,” Annyeongasaeyo. Han Jin Ae-imida.”

 

“Jin Ae-ah! It’s your Samchon! Chan Joon Samchon! You don’t remember me?!” He does his best to lift me off the ground and spin me in the air.

 

I groan in discomfort as he puts me down,”Umm, no. Mianaeyo Samchon. I don’t remember you.”

 

“You don’t? Hmm, well of course not. The last time I saw you was when you were two years old and you were this tall,”he points to around his knee cap.

 

“Ahem,” he clears his throat,”let’s get going shall we?”

 

He grabs two of my luggages while I take the third one and my hand carry to his car. Once we reached his white Bentley Flying Spur V8, Samchon put my belongings in the trunk and signaled for me to go inside. The inside was all white, except for  the leg area. The seats were made of a welcoming white leather and it felt so relaxing to just sink in. Samchon followed after into the car and we drove off to Appa’s house.

 

“So, how was the flight?” He asks.

 

“It was good Samchon. I didn’t do much though, other than sleep and eat. And cry.” I mumbled the last part, hoping he wouldn’t hear me properly.

 

“I can tell. Your puffy eyelids say it all. After all your crying, it’s good thing you can still see. Now, don’t worry. Your Appa and your Oppa are very eager to see you once again. Of course I was as well, but I’m seeing you right now. That’s not the point, the point is that you will be in good hands while living here. I can assure that,” he says.

 

“Ah-arrasseo Samchon,” I stutter.

 

At the red light, he turns to  look at me,”You’re still not loosening up.”

 

“Mianaeyo Samchon. I’m just nervous,” I reply.  

 

“Jin Ae-ah, I understand. Just relax. Inhale, exhale. Your nervous aura,” he takes a deep breath,”Eht’s kiring my bibe,” he finishes off in heavy engrish.

 

It was such a sudden transition and his accent was so thick that it made me laugh so hard that I choked while drinking my water. Samchon noticed my rough coughing and pressed my upper chest and patted my back,”Yah, yah, YAH! Jin Ae-ah! Gwaenchanha?!”

 

“S-ss-Samchon!! H-Hands on the wheel!!” I manage to say after clearing my throat.

 

“Aaaaahhhhhh!!” He shouts as he places his hands back on the wheel and guides us back to the road. “We’re safe now,  Jin Ae-ah.”

 

I started laughing once again at his actions.

 

“Yah! Why are you laughing?!” He asks.

 

“Your English is funny Samchon,” I giggle.

 

“Ahah. Oh, that. Miane,” he chuckles,”It’s very rusty. I haven’t spoken it in a while now. Anyways, if there’s anything, and I mean anything that you need, just call. I’ll be there for you 24/7. Especially when Hyung is busy at the company, or when you can no longer stand how annoying Hyungsu (sister in law) can be, or maybe if you can’t reach your Oppa, Samchon here has your back,” he assures.

 

“Kamsahmida Samchon,” I smile.

 

Chan Joon Samchon seems like a nice person. He kind of reminds me of Aunt Jo. Except Samchon is a Korean male version that looks nothing like her. After talking for a while more, we reached Appa’s house.

 

“Is that it Samchon?” I ask nervously as I point to the two or possibly three storey mansion right in front of us.

 

“Yup. This is your new home. Do you like it?” He questions.

 

“It’s umm, it’s-”

 

“I know. I know what you’re thinking,” he cuts me off,”It’s a bit big compared to what you’re used to, now isn’t it?”

 

“A bit big Samchon? This is bigger than the whole apartment complex!” I exaggerate.

 

“It may take some time to adjust, but I’m sure you’ll get used to it at some point,” he says.

 

He presses the gray square button on the remote control next to him which opens up the big iron gates in front of us. He proceeded through and pressed another button on the remote which lifted the garage door up and away from our vision. Samchon drove into the empty spacious garage and parked his car in the designated area. No other car was in the space so I got a little curious.

 

“Samchon, is no one home?” I ask.

 

“Nope. Everyone’s home Jin Ae,” he answers.

 

“Then where are the other cars? Do they not drive or something?” I ask once again.

 

“They drive silly. Their cars are in their own personal garage. This one is for visiting family,” he explains.

 

Okay, what in the world?! Just exactly how rich is my Appa? I knew he was pretty wealthy, but how wealthy is the question here.

 

A few hours later

 

Samchon was right. I hate her. I already can’t stand her. Omma. Gross. Does she really think I’m actually going to call her that?!

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

 

Hi! So, I am sorry. So so SO sorry! I have been gone for months! I abbandoned this story. But good news! I have a laptop now! Which hopefully means that I can update whenever I can, and with no more school, I will have down time to create for the story. Wish me luck for the future. Happy reading, and thanks to those who have stayed along during these times. Whoops! Almost forgot! That's their house down below. I was just going to try and describe it, but I got lazy and just decided to reveal a photo instead. Kay, bye for now guys!

 

AkOiAG6LYm9G_t1KHH3qeilCqqop0EN-CB5-WHmB