Chapter II

Once Upon A Time

Third Person's P.O.V.

Sehun's eyelids fluttered open and the ECG machine started beeping faster as his heart rate picked up. Luhan carefully extended a hand towards Sehun's and gently wrapped it around his. He didn't know what to do or say so he just decided to let Sehun make the first move. Sehun looked very confused and appeared to be trying hard to concentrate.

"W-Where am I?" he finally asked.

"In hospital."

"Why?"

"You had an accident"

"How?"

"You slipped on ice and a car hit you"

"Am I dying?"

"No. You're fine"

An awkward silence filled the room as Sehun looked at the boy holding his hand. Should he know who he is? Sehun felt quite empty inside, as if some of his internal organs were missing.

"Who are you?" Sehun asked sheepishly not looking at Luhan. Sehun felt guilty about not knowing the other boy because he felt like he should know who he is.

Pain crossed Luhan's face but Sehun missed it. He was thinking that maybe if Sehun had stabbed him right in the heart it would've been less painful than this. But he knew this might have happened so now he had to accept the consequences of his choices.

"Hi Sehun. I'm Luhan" He extended a hand towards the younger.

Sehun shook his hand before asking "How do you know me?"

"We go to school together"

"Why are you here?"

"I was there when the accident happened"

"Why don't I know you?"

Another pained look. This time Sehun noticed it but decided not to ask.

"You do. You just don't....remember me"

"Why?"

"You hit your head pretty hard and as a result of the surgery you had afterwards you are now suffering from amnesia."

"Oh" was all Sehun could manage.

*** *** ***

Two days later Sehun was discharged from the hospital. The two boys had bonded over bubble tea and other stuff, (but mostly bubble tea), so it was less awkward between them and Sehun had also accepted the idea of living with Luhan in his apartment rather than going home to his family. For Luhan, though, it was as painful as ever looking into Sehun's eyes and knowing that all the memories he treasures the younger can't remember.

*** *** ***

Luhan held the door open for Sehun to go in. He showed him the big bedroom where they would be sleeping. While Luhan put away Sehun's belongings Sehun looked at the pictures on the wall beside Luhan's bed. They portrayed the two of them smiling, with their arms around each other.

"Were we friends, Luhan?" Sehun asked still looking at the photographs.

Luhan hesitated. "Yes. Yes that's what we were", he finally replied in a very low tone of voice and when he did something inside him shattered.  "NO! WE WERE NOT FRIENDS! WE WERE MORE THAN THAT!" he wanted to scream but he knew he had to be patient if he wanted things to be fixed.

Luhan looked at Sehun, who was trailing his fingers along the photos with a dreamy look in his eyes, not remembering any of the memories that those pictures captured.

Luhan promised to himself that he'd make Sehun fall in love with him all over again. Even if it was the last thing he did.

"How close were we?" Sehun asked. His eyes were focused on a picture that showed Luhan back-hugging a very happy Sehun. The picture from the day they got together.

"Very close. We were best friends." Luhan paused. "We still are. Unless you don't want it anymore. I would understand if that was the case".

"No!" Sehun suddenly said. He didn't know why. He just felt the urge to. He didn't want to lose the one person in his life that he knew.

"Luhan?"

"Yes?"

"Where will I sleep? There's only one bed"

"The bed's yours"

"And you?"

"I'll sleep on the sofa"

"But-"

"Hey, it's fine. Don't worry about me"

It took Luhan an awfully long time to get Sehun to date him the first time round when he knew who Luhan was. This time there was no telling how long it would be before they would start going out. Exhausted and heart-broken Luhan flopped on the sofa and tried to sleep after leaving Sehun in the bedroom they once shared.

*** *** ***

Once upon a time prince Sehun was taught that friends are the most important thing in life. They give you happiness and comfort and are always there when you need them. So the prince knows to keep his friends close to his heart and never let them go.

*** *** ***

A/n: YAY!! UPDATE!

This chapter is quite short but they will be getting longer from the next one. I promise!! I will also try to post a Christmas Update. No promises there though.

Thanks for reading/subscribing!!