Chapter IV

Once Upon A Time

It had been a few days since that New Year’s night; Sehun was back in school and was currently sitting at his desk with his head on the table trying to squeeze in a ten-minute power nap before the homeroom teacher walked in. The dreams were keeping him up all night, fragments of forgotten memories flashing in his mind but disappearing before he could piece any of them together. His life felt like a huge puzzle with lots of missing pieces, and just when he thinks he’s got hold of a piece it slips a bit further out of his reach.

Luhan sat at the desk across from his and was catching up with Kai and Baekhyun (sitting in the desks behind) him who Luhan had not seen since the start of the holidays. Even while deep in conversation with the two boys, Luhan kept glancing at Sehun out the corner of his eye, watching his arched back slowly rise and fall, hoping his Sehunnie was finally getting some sleep after nights and night of turning and tossing in bed all night long.

Meanwhile Sehun had given up on trying to sleep and had turned his head to look out the window. He was desperately trying to remember the girl in his dreams, the beautiful girl with the long black hair and the soft voice, but to no avail. That is, until the teacher walked in and the chair of the class captain scraped against the floor. “Attention!” “Bow!” Sehun abruptly sat up. That was it! That was the voice! He leaned his back and in a whisper asked Kai “Who’s that girl?”. Kai looked a bit perplexed but still he thought holding back any information wouldn’t help – “That’s Krystal, she lives next door to you and Luhan with her sister Jessica”. Sehun tilted his head “What’s with the English names? Are they not Korean?”

Kai stifled a laugh “Of course they are, you ! Born in America but very much Korean. Her sister’s Sooyeon and she’s Soojung…”

Kai was still talking but Sehun was clutching his head in his hands with his eyes squeezed shut. Luhan was on his knees next to his desk trying to figure out what the trigger had been this time. Krystal? Surely not?

Sehun was having more flashbacks. He was holding the girl’s hand, the next second the girl was playing on the beach and Sehun was taking photos, memories of them just chilling on the sofa watching movies. Sehun felt the room go black and passed out into Luhan’s arms.

 *** *** ***

Sehun was pacing back and forth outside Krystal’s front door waiting for his girlfriend to come out. Krystal had spent hours getting ready for their first anniversary date. She had gone through her wardrobe multiple times and found nothing until her sister came to the rescue with a pretty royal blue lace bardot dress and offered to do her makeup. Her sister may seem cold and detached but she was a really lovely and caring person who was always there for her. With Jessica’s reassurance on her look Krystal finally stepped out the door. Sehun’s jaw hit the floor. She looked stunning. The dress perfectly complemented her curves and body shape and the vibrant colour matched her skin tone very well. What he loved most though, was that she was wearing little to no makeup and her hair was just falling on her shoulders, softly framing her face, and yet she looked like a celestial being. Krystal herself had to take a moment to appreciate her boyfriend in a suit and tie, with his hair carefully combed to the side and the subtle scent of musk coming from him. She really did feel like a princess. And he was her prince charming.

*** *** ***

Once upon a time a beautiful princess was waiting for her prince to ask her for a dance at the royal ball. Of course, she was ecstatic when he finally did. Little did she know, the prince would not be hers forever. 

*** *** ***

A/n: Ayyyyy UPDATE!! It has been 3 whole years and I have no excuse. I literally just got busy trying to keep up with school and exams and life in general but on the bright side I'm finally in uni!!! And I successfully survived my first year!

I'd like to say I'll keep updating regularly but I'm going to be spending a year in China starting September so don't know how regular it will be but definitely more than once every 3 years lol

Anywayyyy...Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and if you're wondering about the dress it should still be available for sale (and yes I do already have it xD)!!!

Also if any of you wonderful readers speak Chinese please hit me up cos I'm doing a degree in Mandarin and need all the help I can get. Love youuuuuuuu!!

Hang in there! 

<3