Chapter I

Once Upon A Time

Luhan's P.O.V.

I sat on a chair by his bed with my head lying next to his chest. The ECG machine on the other side of the bed showed that his heartbeat rate had gone back to normal, which I didn't think would be possible after what happened.

*** *** ***

6 Days Before...

"Luhannie! Hurry up the store's going to close in a bit!" Sehun yelled from two metres ahead of me.

"Wait up baby! My feet have frozen!" I yelled back.

It would be Christmas in six days and we were having friends over on Christmas Eve so we decided to head to the grocery store and buy some food and while outside buy our friends a present. The streets were covered in snow that slowly turned to ice and the Christmas atmosphere was everywhere I looked. Seoul looked really beautiful. So did Sehun. But then, he always did.

"Luhannie! You're slower than a sloth! Even that ajumma walks faster than you!". Sehun playfully stuck his tongue out at me and pointed at an old lady crossing the road no very far away from where I was standing.

I would have walked faster but I couldn't feel my feet and running on ice is not really a smart thing to do. Skipping on ice, however, apparently is. Either that, or Sehunnie is the most stupid person ever.

I was about to yell at him to stop or at least slow down but before I could, he slipped and fell very close to the edge of the road. I started running only to freeze on the spot as what happened next unrolled in a blur in front of my eyes.

A car driving at full speed lost control and swerved dangerously across the road before slamming into my Sehun. The latter flew a few metres before landing in the snow, which in a matter of seconds turned blood-red.

I felt my blood turn to water as my legs started moving on their own to reach Sehun. I half-consciously called an ambulance, which only took 10 seconds to arrive and reached Sehun the same time as me.

The ride to the hospital was horrible. I sat in the corner of the back of the ambulance as the paramedics tried to keep my baby alive. His heartbeat was so faint it was nearly inexistent and he was losing so much blood.

His conditions weren't any better after the surgery to which I had given consent even knowing that because of the hard blow on the head and all the lost blood it could cause Sehun amnesia. Perhaps I was being selfish, but I couldn't have, wouldn't have, let Sehunnie die.

After the surgery his brain stopped functioning. His heartbeat was still very faint and he fell into a coma. The doctors said  that the chances he survived were very little and tried to convince me to disconnect him from the machines that kept him alive. I refused.

*** ***  ***

6 days later, here I was, on Christmas day, in the Intensive Care Unit, beside my Sehunnie who survived against the odds and was starting to regain consciousness. I had to cancel the Christmas dinner with our friends with a rushed explanation.

I hadn't slept in 3 days. I was waiting for Sehun to open his eyes and see that I was here looking after him. However, I wasn't sure how I would react if he could not remember me once he woke up. I just prayed to God that Sehun would be okay, because to me, that's all that really mattered.

*** *** ***

Once upon a time good people got to live happily ever after and the odds were always in their favour. However, times change and so does everything else.

*** *** ***

A/n: Hey Hey Hey!!

Here's the first chapter!! The other chapters would probably be longer but I kind of wanted a chapter that explained how Sehun ends up in hospital and where all the starts...xD

Hope you enjoy this !

P.S.:- Thanks to Nomichui and AJ9854970 for subscribing before I even posted a chapter <3