06

Loves of the Beautiful Hearts

JiHyun diverted her eyes to her crying mum in front of her, looking intensely at her while silence-demanding for the real thing happen here that make her mum crying her eyes out. As if she said she will hear everything, JiHyun took a hold of her mum’s hands.

 

Mr. Son inhaled deeply. “You are for real,” she looked into JiHyun’s black pupils, “is their’s daughter.”

 

Hearing that, JiHyun’s grip on Mrs. Son’s hands loosens. She could not believe the fact Mr. Son told her. If these strangers over here is her parents, who is this woman in front of her that she’s been living for 21 years old? JiHyun could see the lady’s hand approaching her head; maybe want to or something. She quickly parried her hand away. “I need time, sorry,” she stood up and rushed into her room.

 

Mrs. Jung looked at her daughter as she left them. A sigh escaped and she pulled her hand close to her body.

 

“I’m sorry. She’s surprised. I will do my best to persuade her. Don’t you worry,” Mrs. Son wiped her teary eyes with a tissue.

 

Mr. Lee smiled. “It’s okay. We understand right, chagiya?” the lady nodded, “Right, we’ll leave her to you for persuading. We’ll come and pick her next week,” he hugged his wife’s body.

 

Mrs. Son nodded. The couple stood up and walked to the door with Mrs. Son ushering them. The men-in-black followed them. Mrs. Son closed the door and gets rid of the tears on her cheeks.

 

Yes, right. Lee JiHyun is a daughter of the rich couple Lee DongHae and Jung SooYeon. They owned their own business and buildings. 21 years ago, Mrs. Jung gave birth to JiHyun when the family was in the 90% possibility to bankrupt. They can’t even afford themselves,; how could the afford JiHyun?

 

They left JiHyun in front of some random house, hoping their daughter will get the safest place to live. When Mrs. Son found JiHyun, she was in the basket with a towel her birth certificate under her. It is a coincedence when Mrs. Son can’t give birth. So, she and her late husband, late Lee TaeMin decided to adopt her. Her family’s name is the same as him too. What a coincedence.

 

Now, when they finally gain their success again, they searched for their lost daughter and successfully found her in here. In this home where the adopted daughter really loves her foster mum and did not want to leave her side.

 

For God’s sake, Mrs. Son really didn’t want to let JiHyun go. But, if she put herself in DongHae-SooYeon’s shoes, of course she wanted her daughter back. She didn’t give birth for free. Furthermore, the reason they gave it is really something we can control.

 

She ended up her trail of thought with a gaze on JiHyun’s room’s door.

 

 

MRS. SON knocked on the door thrice. Still, she did not het any respond from the owner of the room from inside. “JiHyun~” she called for her. But still, the respond she got was silence. A sigh escaped her lips and her contenance turned sad. “Right, you hated me. I should get–”

 

The room’s door was opened from inside before she could finish her sentence. JiHyun popped out from the room with a displeasure face, “Omma!” “How could you say I hate you?!” JiHyun asked angrily.

 

“You didn’t come out since last night. You don’t even go to your café. How could I not say you hate me when your behaviour told me that?” Mrs. Son’s eyes started to get teary.

 

Guilty build up in JiHyun. She hugged her mum quickly, “Mum, I don’t hate you. I will never hate you. I can’t even hate you; remember all these.” ‘I shouldn’t be in room.’ “I just feel sad. Mum, are you going to give me to them?” her eyes began to fill with tears.

 

“JiHyun,” her mum hugged back, “are you think it is easy for me to give you to them? I’ve been taking care of you with Taemin appa since you are 8 months old!”

 

JiHyun released her hug. “Then, don’t let me go. Tell them you are not willing to give me to them. Tell them to live without me,” she started to be childish.

 

A small smile formed on Mrs. Son’s lips. “If I were your mum, for sure JiHyun, I would want to take you back. And she left you with me because of something that she and your father afraid would affect your life. How could they afford you when they themselves only eat rice with vegetables?

 

Plus, I don’t really have right on you. I just helped them to grow you up. Your mother promised me that we still can contact each other,” she coaxed while rubbing JiHyun’s bare arms.

 

“Mum, do you think that they will love me like you and appa love me?”

 

She JiHyun’s hair, “Of course, JiHyun. Of course, they are. If not, they wouldn’t come and searched for you, right? Just go, neh JiHyun? They’re rich by the way.”

 

JiHyun tsked. “Mum, I won’t trade you for richness!”

 

Mrs. Son chuckled. “I know. Let’s go get breakfast okay? I make you your favourite dish,” she invited.

 

“Mum, then let’s go the city. I would like to spend some times with you before going to that house,” JiHyun clung to Mrs. Son’s arm.

 

Mrs. Son chuckled and nodded to the invitation before she brought JiHyun to the kitchen and both of them had breakfast together.