04

Loves of the Beautiful Hearts

“Where’s my apron?”

 

She stopped for awhile; brain processing the male’s voice that made her slightly jumped because of shock. Her mind trailed then… L.Joe! Yes, he’s L.Joe! She turned and as she expected, L.Joe was there, standing beside her in the counter space while staring at her with his small eyes.

 

“What are you doing here? Get off! You might be late for work. I don’t want to be the reason why you are late to office. Being a chief doesn’t give you a right to come late. Ka~” she pushed him until they reached the counter’s door and L.Joe almost get kicked from the place.

 

“Hey, hey~” he turned and managed to capture JiHyun with both of his arms were surrounding her waist. Oh well, he’s a guy anyway. “Didn’t you hear me? Where’s my apron? I want to help you today.”

 

JiHyun parried his arms off from her waist, “You don’t have to. Aren’t you working today?” she looked down then blushed at the thought of L.Joe hugging her waist (well not really hugging but that kind of it).

 

“I’m taking a day off. My holidays are too much. I didn’t even use all of the last year’s holidays. I rarely go on a holiday. I don’t want it tp be wasted just like that,” he told her.

 

JiHyun pouted. “So,” she looked up to him, “you decided to help me sort things here? Brilliant idea,” she emphasized the word brilliant.

 

“Yeah so where is my apron?”

 

This guy is dumb! I was mocking him but he didn’t get the message. God! JiHyun rolled her eyes. She pulled a drawer near the counter and found only the pinks left. She took out one of the apron. L.Joe saw the apron and said, “Are you serious you want me to wear that one?”

 

She nodded to his question.

 

He snorted, “Why don’t you give me the one you are wearing?” he pointed to the apron on her body.

 

She looked at her own body. The one on her body is blue. “No,” she looked at him again, “I like the blue better. Futhermore, I already have this one securely on my body. It would be a two-work if I have to get it off back. Just wear this one,” she handed the one in her grip.

 

He did not respond, showing his stubborness. JiHyun tsked before unfolding the apron then neatly she brought the apron to his waist. Carefully, she tied it aroung his waist. “There you are, cute as always,” she praised him.

 

“JiHyun-ahh, I didn’t suite in pink! I’m a namja and I don–” his sentence went incomplete when he felt something pressing lightly across her pink lips; JiHyun’s index finger.

 

Right then, a teenage customer came in. “Good morning, JiHyun-ssi,” he greeted.

 

JiHyun pulled her finger away from L.Joe and turned to move to the counter. Her cheeks turned slightly red eventhough she knew the teenage guy did not see what she was doing just now. I touched L.Joe’s lips. “Good morning. What do you want, Seobie?”

 

“A usual chocolate flavoured bubble tea; as sweet as you,” he flashed a wink.

 

JiHyun chuckled to his flirty action. She acknowledges him already. He was that type of person; really friendly. “Arasso.”

 

L.Joe glared at the boy with a sharp gaze as the guy flashed a wink to her. Damn it! JiHyun went to the ice-blended machine and started to make YoSeob’s favourite chocolate flavoured bubble tea while the YoSeob was waiting patiently at the counter.

 

He approached JiHyun, “Who’s there?”

 

“He’s Yang YoSeob; a loyal customer like you used to be. He came here like everyday or at least thrice a week,” she told him about YoSeob briefly, hands were still busy making his order.

 

Loyal cutomer, huh? He smirked. He used to be loyal customer like JiHyun said just now but he is now a close friend to her. YoSeob’s now a loyal customer…and maybe he will end up being a close friend to JiHyun too one day.

 

JiHyun finished YoSeob’s bubble tea and brought the packed chocolate bubble tea to the counter. She put the bubble tea on the counter. “You got a new worker?” he asked, only for them to hear.

 

Worker? JiHyun’s forehead creased a little. She mouthed ‘ah!’ when she remembered about L.Joe’s present. “Not really; he’s a friend who comes to help. Where are you heading?” she handed him the bubble tea.

 

“Just taking some freash air around her, then I remembered your bubble tea and of course, the sweet you too,” he said that so naturally while taking the bubble tea before giving her the money.

 

She tsked and hit YoSeob playfully on his arm before both of them laughed.

 

Why is he flirting with mine? Are they really for just customer-seller relationship? JiHyun looks… happy. He crossed his arms in front of his chest. At the sight of JiHyun and YoSeob still teasing each other, he attempted to go and bring his arm around JiHyun’s neck from back, “Babe, what are you guys talking about?”

 

She was shocked and held his arm with one arm while the other elbowed him at his ribcage, “What babe?” She didn’t mean to hurt L.Joe but she oh, maybe it was action of reflex. Who cares?

 

L.Joe groaned in pain as JiHyun’s elbow hit his ribcage. It hurt like hell.

 

Ignoring L.Joe who was still dealing with his pain, JiHyun introduced them to each other, “YoSeob, this is L.Joe, my friend as known as my co-worker for today,” she laughed a little, “L.Joe, this is YoSeob, the cutest guy on Earth.”