01

Loves of the Beautiful Hearts

The girl who wore the jeans at knee-length with blue blouse washed the white jag that she used just now when a wearing-spectacles-man entered her shop. She noticed the man’s presence so she said, “I’m sorry, Mr. I am closing my shop. Why don’t you come tomorrow?”

 

Ignoring the salesgirl’s word, the man got nearer the counter. He put his hand and a bouquet of flower he bought just now onto it.

 

JiHyun let out a sigh. She rolled her eyes and turned to face the stubborn guy while rubbing her wet hands with the neat-tied apron at her slim waist, “Mister, I told ya we ar- You!”

 

L.Joe smiled to her. “I don’t want to buy the bubble tea. I just want to ‘buy’ the owner,” he said.

 

A wide smile plastered on JiHyun’s face. “Chakkaman-yo,” she put the already-clean jug on the shelf and get rid of the apron from her body before she took her backpack which she put on the reserved table and walked to L.Joe who was standing near the counter.

 

“Here; for you,” he gave the bouquet of flower to his friend.

 

He was so happy as king to see the small girl happily smelling the bouquet of red roses which was already on her embrance.

 

 

 

“WHERE ARE we going?” she asked while glancing to L.Joe who was driving beside her.

 

The guy hummed. He squinted to his bestfriend. “Where do you want to go, JiHyun-ahh?” he answered the question throwed at him with question.

 

She let out a sigh. “If people asked you a question, are you answering with question, too?” she teased.

 

He chuckled, “You think?”

 

Automatically, she rolled her eyes. L.Joe was getting on her nerve. She growled slowly while looking outside the window. “Someone is going to eat with tube through neck later on,” she muttered alone. Without her realizing, her plump lips pouted.

 

He laughed. “Joking, okay? How ‘bout we go to the lake?”

 

“It’s up to you,” she whispered lazily. She was stil looking outside the window.

 

 

SHE TROTTED, following L.Joe’s pace. She tilted her head a bit to take a look at him from behind. He is higher than her by 8 cm. “Everyone knows your bestfriend is handsome. But, you don’t have to stare at me like that, do you?” he asked with a high hand.

 

JiHyun pouted. “Who look at you, huh? Boasting…” she replied, blushing a bit. ‘Did he ever have eyes on his back?’ she thought. She fished out her galaxy Ace Plus from her pocket before she plugged in her earphones and put it in her earlobe. She played ‘I wanna love’.

 

Without asking, JiHyun sat on the bench L.Joe asked her to. A second after, he disappeared. She continued to hear the song in her phone. She stared at her watch at her wrist. Out of the blue, she thought of L.Joe.

 

L.Joe was her loyal customer at the café she works and own. But now, he is her bestfriend. Without L.Joe knowing, JiHyun actually had a feeling to him but she will never confess her feeling toward him because she didn’t want their relationship to be ruined if L.Joe ever says no.

 

She was poor. He was rich. How could they ever be together?

 

Her train of thought stopped when L.Joe sat beside her. He passed the vanilla chocolate flavoured ice-cream in his hand to JiHyun.

 

“Vanilla chocolate; my favourite!” she exclaimed happily after taking it from L.Joe’s hand.

 

“How have you been doing?” he showed his concern.

 

She smirked to his question. “We’ve been seeing each other for like 30 minutes and you’re just about to ask for my condition? Concern enough,” she teased.

 

He tsked. “Just answer my question, will you?” L.Joe her hair.

 

This time, she tsked. She parried L.Joe’s hand away from her. “Just been doing great; I can’t meet you if I am sick, right? How’s work? Still a lot of aproblem?”

 

The last time they met, L.Joe was having a hard time, struggling with his works as the Assistant of Chief Executive Officer. Well, works.

 

He nodded. “Yeah; I just have to keep the ball rolling. I’ve put my best foot forward so this week is better. You’re lucky, JiHyun. You don’t have to worry about losing clients, weird orders and stuffs,”he sighed.

 

Hearing to his not-so-right statement, JiHyun shook her head. “You’re wrong L.Joe. I do have to think about losing clients and weird orders. But in my case, it’s not as complicated as yours. My clients are my customers. Weird orders are weird flavours, but they are not so weird. I can do them if you give me somethime.

 

But yours are really complicated. You have more and bigger problems as your bussiness are international. Mine? It’s just a small café by the roadside. Haha… Just be patient, okay?” she coaxed him a little.

 

He smiled, assuring that he was okay with it. “JiHyun, thanks for being my friend,” he thanked her.

 

JiHyun nodded.