Chapter 7

Without A Word - A.N. JELL - You're Beautiful

When I went back inside, I noticed my brother near the stairs. He hadn't seen me, and he was talking to someone.

"You can't let anyone know," he said fierce. 

"N-no, I know that! I'm trying my best!" Go Mi Nam. There was something about him that made my sixth sense tingle. I had no clue what it was, but there was something wrong with him.

"Then try and act more like a guy!" My eyes popped. Why did Tae Kyung tell Mi Nam to act like a guy? After all, he was-

"It's just so hard, Hyungnim." Mi Nam's voice cracked, and I felt the strong need to go up to them and hug him. I had never minded about my brother making other people cry, they usually deserved it, but Mi Nam was different. He was so sensitive and fragile, like a little puppy. Making him cry just seemed so bad. 

"Only two more weeks, until your brother comes back," Tae Kyung said with a soft voice. Mi Nam had a brother? And what the hell did he have to do with this?

"Yes, two more weeks, and then I'll go back to the convent and complete my training to become a nun. You'll never have to see me again." My jaw dropped, I could nearly hold in a gasp. I rushed to the kitchen, where I found myself alone with my thoughts. Okay, I had to put it straight. Mi Nam was told to act like a boy until his brother returned. Then he'd go back to become a nun. Boys can't be nuns. My thoughts were rushing through my head, and no matter how crazy it seemed, everything pointed to the same answer.

Go Mi Nam was not a boy. Go Mi Nam was a girl, pretending to be a boy until her brother came back to take his place. And my brother had found out. or did he know from the beginning? Did the others know too? And did they just pretend too? But it would be very hard for Jeremy to keep such a secret from her. Would he be able to do that?

"Hyo Rin?" I quickly turned around and smiled at Jeremy. Time to find out about it.

"Jeremy." I slowly walked towards him, and I noticed how he got slightly uncomfortable when I put my hand on his chest.

"You wouldn't keep any secrets from me, right?"

"Of course not," he said with a smile. I softly put my hand on his cheek, he stared at me.

"W-what are you doing?" He mumbled.

"Are you sure there is nothing you should tell me? Like secrets about A.N.JELL?"

"Hyo Rin, I have no idea what you are talking about, but if you're bother sees me standing so close to you and allowing you to touch me like this, he will get angry for sure." I giggled, knowing he was telling the truth. Jeremy was the worst liar in the world, especially when he was nervous, Tae Kyung had told me. This situation surely did make him feel awkward, so he must not know anything about the thing I just found out about. 

"You are right." I let go of his face, smiled and turned around, leaving him in astonishment. When I came back into the hallway, both my brother and Mi Nam were gone. Time for some more interrogation. My brother wouldn't tell me anything, I was not sure about it. Maybe I totally got it wrong, and Tae Kyung would see straight through me if I tried bluffing. 

Go Mi Nam didn't seem that strong. He (or she, if I was right) would break down, I was sure. Actually it all made sense. Go Mi Nam was short, tiny and way to feminine. How is it possible I didn't notice from the start? I walked to the bedroom Go Mi Nam was using and knocked on the door.

"Come in." I popped my head around the door, Mi Nam smiled at me.

"Hyo Rinssi, what are you doing here?" I closed the door, looked him/her straight into the eyes as I walked closer. 

"I know your secret."