Chapter 6

Without A Word - A.N. JELL - You're Beautiful

"Okay, what is going on?" I went to my brother's dorm, and as soon as we entered his bedroom, I decided to interrogate him. He frowned, and I knew he'd pretend he didn't know what I meant.

"What do you mean?" I hit his head en clenched my fists.

"Don't play stupid, oppa. What the hell is that Yoo He Yi doing around you?"

"I already told you, she is my girlfriend." I smirked. 

"Yeah, right, do you even realize who you're talking to? Maybe you can fool your band mates, but do you really think I'm stupid? You don't love her, I can see it in your eyes and I can hear it in your voice. Please tell me what's happening, because I really don't understand why on earth you'd be pretending to date or love that fake fairy." He sighed, then he smiled at me. Not like he usually smiled, but sincerely. I was the only person he showed that smile. 

"I knew you wouldn't buy it. I have an agreement with fake fairy. For as long as she wants, we pretend to be together. I can't tell anyone it's not real. Not even the guys."

"Why not? And what the hell is in it for you?"

"By doing this, we can promote our careers. She has a movie coming out, we are working in our sixth album. Extra attention is welcome." He was avoiding my questions. He didn't need this extra attention. Having a girlfriend would only damage his reputation, he'd break a thousand hearts. 

"Answer my questions. What is it she has that makes you lower yourself to her nasty level?"

"You really don't like her, do you? Look, There's nothing special. So please pretend you don't know about it being fake." He walked to his desk and left me standing at the door, with my mouth wide open. I gasped for air, and before he could stop me, I turned around and rushed out of his room. He was hiding something from me. Oppa had never kept something a secret, at least not to me! I felt my lip tremble, but I refused to cry. Why couldn't he tell me fairy, and not only that, he refuses to tell me why he is even putting up with her drama. 

When I walked into the kitchen, I saw Jeremy with his head in the fridge. I walked past him, but when I opened the door to go outside, he looked up.

"Hey!" I didn't respond and just walked outside. I greeted Jolie with a single tap on her head, then I dropped myself on the bench. I pulled my cigarettes out of my bag, and Jeremy, who had followed me outside, looked at them in disgust.

"That's not healthy," he said while he sat next to me. He tried to grab my lighter, but when he saw my furious face, he let me be. He knew not minding his own business wasn't healthy either. I remained silent, slowing inhaling the smoke.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." 

"Liar." I shrugged, Jeremy put his hand on my leg.

"You can tell me. We are friends, right?" I shrugged again, trying to hold back my tears. It just hurt so much that Tae Kyung was lying to me. 

"It's just... Don't you hate it too when you know people are lying and they know you know and they still won't tell you what's going on?"

"I suppose you're talking about Tae Kyung Hyung now. Is he lying to you?" I nodded.

"He's keeping something a secret." Jeremy smiled softly.

"Don't you have any secrets for your brother?" I shook my head firmly.

"Not any! I tell him everything!"

"Everyhting?"

"Yup."

"No way. I can't believe that."

"I even told him about my boyfriends in America. I told him their names, how I met them, how I felt about them, and I even told him which guy took my ity." Jeremy nearly choked in his apple.

"W-what? You are not-"

"Dude, 21st century in the USA, I wasn't an exception. But don't tell anyone, my reputation is ruined here." He swallowed the shock, and then he looked me all the way up and down.

"What?"

"I can understand why you had boyfriends. You are pretty, and sweet, and smart and talented."

"You're also avoiding the fact that oppa is having a secret."

"Look, I don't know what it could be. But I promise, if I find out, I'll tell you. Don't worry to much about it, he probably has a good reason to hide it."