Chapter 13

Without A Word - A.N. JELL - You're Beautiful

I was right. The next morning, when I get up and met Tae Kyung at the breakfast table, I know what has happened. The tv softly playing tells me the story of Go Mi Nam and Hwang Hyo Rin, how they were found hugging late at night on the rooftop of his dorm. This damn paparazzo had been damn quick by selling his pictures already. And of course Oppa had seen it already. But he doesn't not seem angry at me. He is staring at Mi Nam, who can barely hold back her tears. Jeremy and Shin Woo are eating in silence, and sometimes they glance at my brother, only to sigh and look back at their food. 

"Oppa." My voice sounds almost as cold as he looks. The way he treats Mi Nam just makes me feel so angry. She's having such a hard time and he is not making it better by behaving like that!

"Don't you dare give me that tone!" He snarls while standing up from the table. Mi Nam looks up, tears in her eyes.

"Hyungnim," she mutters.

"You shut up!"

"Don't you ing talk to Mi Nam like that!" I yell at him. I am furious. Yes, we made a mistake. But it's unfair to treat us like that.

"Hyo Rin! How could you be so stupid?" He has never called me stupid. He has never even yelled at me. I can feel my heart shatter. I can see that he knows the effect of his words very well. But he doesn't seem to regret them.

"We did nothing wrong," I say calmly, but with a hint my frozen soul.

"Yes, you did. I don't care if you two get along well. I don't care if you like each other. But you are ruining his career, you are causing a fuzz for ANJell. And so for me! Why must you always be a bother for me?" That is the final drop. He has never said such horrible things to me. I have heard those words many times. But never ever have they come from his mouth.

"I hope you realize that the words you just said used to come from someone else's mouth." Only after finishing my sentence, I realize I am crying. Tae Kyung's eyes change, but I don't give him a chance to apologize, I have already turned around to leave.

"Hyo Rin-ah."

"It's okay, Mi Nam. I should have known he'd eventually turn out like this. I just hope I'll never become that person he is now. I am going back to the hotel."

"You didn't have breakfast," she says with a worried face. I am sure she knows how hurt I am by my brother. I know he knows too. But I don't want to see the guilt in his eyes. He can go screw himself. 

"I'll eat breakfast at my hotel. I wouldn't want to be a bother."