Chapter 12

Without A Word - A.N. JELL - You're Beautiful

Today is the press conference. Tae Kyung and I are officially announcing the song we will remake, 'What Should I Do'. I was already waiting at the dorm, to pick up Taekyung, and I got out of the car to smoke a cigarette. Their is paparazzi all around, but I pretend to not even notice them. Suddenly I hear my name coming from the drive way, and I turn around. I smile widely when I notice Go Mi Nam. She waves at me, then walks towards me.

"Mi Nam-ah, good afternoon," I say with a smile. She glances nervously at the photographers, but then she nods at me.

"I just wanted to wish you good luck. Fighting!" She clenches her fist, I giggle.

"Thank you, Mi Nam-ah. It's nice to hear you're supporting me."

"Go Mi Nam! What is your relationship with Hwang Hyo Rin?"

"Hwang Hyo Rin, are you very close to Go Mi Nam?" 

"Hwang Hyo Rin!"

"Go Mi Nam!" The security keeps them at a distance, but Mi Nam's still very nervous because of them. 

"I should go back inside," she mutters, "Hyungnim will be out any moment now. Fighting, again." She turns around and goes back inside the dorm. She crosses Tae Kyung at the door, and he sends her a mean glance. I don't know why but it seems like it's a usual thing between them. 

"Oppa!" He smiles at me, looks over his shoulder, where Mi Nam went through the door.

"What did he want?" He asks rather hostile.

"He wanted to wish me good luck. He is just nice like that," I answer with a wide smile. Tae Kyung rolls his eyes, ignores my mother and gets into the car. I inhale the smoke one last time before I throw the bud on the ground and follow his example. 

Showtime.

 

I swear to God, I might have sprained my cheeks. I can't see straight, my vision's blury from all the flashes, and I am in a terrible hum now. Tae Kyung seems to feel the same way, so when we drop him off, he invites me in.

"She can spend the night here. You can go," he says to my mother. I don't even say goodbye. I follow my brother to his dorm, and he says he goes washing up.

"Go ahead, I'll be at the balcony, I need some fresh air." Tae Kyung smirks.

"Sure. Fresh air." He rubs my head, I push him away. All we need now, is a little sibling quality time, after we spent all night with those greedy bloodhounds called press. I lean on the railing and light another cigarette.

"Ya, Hyo Rin!" Go Mi Nam comes towards me.

"How did it go?"

"As expected. Did you enjoy your judgementless night without oppa?" She pushes me and smiles.

"I don't mind that much. He means the best for me. After all, he is helping me keep my secret, and that's more than I could ever dream of." I put my free arm around her and rest my head on her shoulder.

"Oppa's not as bad as he acts. He might try to be a dickhead, but he's got a heart of gold." Mi Nam giggles. Suddenly a flash brightens the night, and we both jump up.

"What was that?" Mi Nam asked.

"I don't know," I say. But I can guess...