Chapter 2

Without A Word - A.N. JELL - You're Beautiful

 I flashed a smile towards him, the started walking up the stairs. I knew mu brother would be in the studio, and I wanted to see him before we had to go and discuss business. Yes, business. To me it was. My mother, on the other hand, called it a matter of family. Which was the same in this family. I opened the door to the recording room, I saw him sitting at the desk, along with his three bandmates. I had seen them in newspapers and magazines, but I had never met them. Only Jeremy. We had met during my last visit.

"Oppa." The boy looked up, and I could see he was more like a young man now. 

"Hyo-Rin," he said. He smiled shortly, and I knew it was the best he could do. He didn't really show that much of his emotions. Neither did I.

"Hyo-Rinshi! How have you been!" Jeremy had a big smile on his face and stood up from his chair, bouncing up and down in excitement. The other two guys looked at me in confusion.

"Just call me Hyo-Rin, Jeremy," I said with an innocent wink. Tae-Kyung frowned and gave Jeremy a glare that caused him to shrink at least an inch.

"How are you?" He then asked me.

"I'm very good. My teacher has not been going easy on me," I said to him. He knew who I meant.

"She never went easy on anyone," he said. 

"She wants to do you a proposal," I said. I wanted to prepare him for it. She was about to burst into his private world, and he had absolutely no reason to refuse her offer, at least that's how it would seem.

"About what?" His voice had dropped, his eyes turned cold.

"A song. She wants us to remake it. She already talked it through with your manager in the phone." He smirked, then he turned back to his piano.

"Pretend you didn't know about it. Aren't you going to introduce me?" I had raised my eyebrows, then I his hair. As far as I know, I was the only person in the whole world who was allowed to touch him like that.

"Yes, I should do that, to be polite," he said. He abviously wasn't very excited to do so.

"This is my sister, Hwang Hyo-Rin. Hyo-Rin, this is Kang Shin-Woo," He pointed at the taller boy, who seemed very relaxed, despite my brother's bad mood.

"And this." The other boy stared at the desk, terrified of Tae-Kyung's glare. "Is Go Mi-Nam. He is a new member." I frowned. He seemed so different. He wasn't tall, or manly, not to mention his lack of confidence. 

"It's very nice to meet you," I said politely. Jeremy was clapping his hands, and I laughed.

"I'm just so excited to see you again," he said, "do you want to go with me when I walk Jolie tonight?" I smiled back at him.

"Sure, then I can show you again how you are supposed to be a good owner. Mi-Namshi?" The boy looked up, and I saw the fear in his eyes.

"How are you doing here? Is it fun to be in ANJELL?" I asked. For some reason, I felt the need to be nice to him. He smiled at me, but it didn't seem very confident. As if he was afraid to make a wrong move. That was probably becuse of Tae-Kyung. 

"I'm doing my very best to be a good addition to the group," he said while he bowed at me.He was so humble. But what a cute face. So innocent. The door opened again, the manager and my mother walked in. I could feel the temperature drop, and I ignored my mother's glare. From now on, she was just my teacher. My smile faded, and Tae-Kyung pretended he didn't even notice her. Like she had done so many times.

"Boys, You all know Mo Hwa Ran, the teacher of Te-Kyung's little sister," the manager said. I rolled my eyes.

"I have heard many good things about you," my mother said with her friendly voice. Tae-Kyung looked at her.

"I haven't heard that much about you," he simply said. I suppressed a grin, knowing it would be weird.

"Anyway, Miss Mo Hwa Ran has a proposal for you." My mother stepped towards my brother.

"I want you to remake one of my songs, together with my apprentice. I know for sure the both of you will do a great job." 

"I don't know if I will have the time for it. I am very busy at the moment."

"Ah, Tae-Kyung, you will have time, I'll remake your schedule. Besides, with Go Mi-Nam here, all attention has to be drawn towards him." I saw the corner of his mouth twitch, but Tae-Kyung smiled, as he was supposed to.

"Fine. I will do it."