Chapter 1

Without A Word - A.N. JELL - You're Beautiful

I wasn't nervous when I was driving up to the AN studios. I had been there a few times, but I had to say I wasn't that interested at all. My mother was sitting next to me, looking the same as always. Strict, but with a slight glimpse of torment in her eyes. I couldn't care less. She told me the story so many times, but I don't believe her. I didn't believe someone like her was capable of finding something like true love. At least, she didn't deserve it. 

"Are you excited to see your brother?" she suddenly asked me. I kept my pokerface, not showing her how much I felt like pushing her out of the car. 

"Not more than you," I said. She remained silent, but I saw how her lips were pouting a little. She knew that I judged her on her lack of attention and affection towards my brother. She had always been ashamed of him. Of us. We had to stay in  the shadows, no one was supposed to know about us. Until four years ago, when I was fourteen. My brother was sixteen and had just become a trainee, and at the moment I thought I'd stay behind, lonely an meaningless, she showed up, telling me she would help me. She wanted me to get a career, she told me, she wanted me to become as famous as she was. Little did I know that she only wanted that to boost her own reputation. She profiled herself as my teacher, and of course everyone loved how she was taking care of me, not knowing she had neglected that duty for years. And no one knew she was my mother. 

Now, I do have to say she did an excellent job. She made me one of the top actresses in the country and overseas, and I kind of like my life the way it is. I just loathe the way it has become like this. The sign of AN productions showed up, among the long line of screaming teenage girls. I rolled my eyes. How could they drop their dignity like that? And all that for just three little boys. Well, four, I heard. They added another member. I don't think my brother is too excited about that. He doesn't like changes, and he doesn't like sharing attention. So whoever that fourth guy is, I already feel sorry for the poor thing. It has been two weeks since his entrance in A.N. Jell, and I'm sure he already had a hard time dealing with my brother.

The car stopped, the girls were looking at us, curious for who'd show up to meet their precious idols. I could see my brother's car, so that explained why the fans didn't rush towards ours. They knew we weren't who they were hoping to see. My mother got out first, and the cheers of excitement got louder when she was recognized. I bit my tongue not to shout at them to shut up, but I smiled and got out of the car too. My heels clicked on the pavement, and with my nose up I walked towards the guards keeping the girls away from the studios. 

"I have an appointment," I said casually while I lifted my purse higher on my shoulder.

"Can I see your ID please?" I raised my eyebrows, took of the sunglasses I was wearing.

"Are you serious? Don't you know who I am?" The security guard stuttered as he recognized me, my mother had finally stopped giving autographs and followed me into the studios. 

"You should have given autographs," she hissed at me. I ignored her.

"Do you want to embarrass me? Your teacher?"

"I'd rather embarrass my mother," I said with a mean tone. She flinched and looked away from me." Suddenly she showed a wonderful smile, the smile she only showed on stage. 

"Mo Hwa Ran-ssi!" I rolled my eyes at my brother's excessive manager. This guy was exhausting...