Mr.Mysterious

My little flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day went pretty well.Hanmi had no problem doing her job which was on the evening shift in the coffee shop since most of her time she was in the bathroom,cleaning it or once in a while she would go out to clean the mess on the tables.

While Sehun,on the other hand,showed zero interest in his job.Eventhough he badly wanted to not do his job,he couldn’t.Hanmi surely would tell his cousins if she was to go to her part-time job alone.And Kris would report it to his mom.So,he reluctantly did his job,scrunching his nose everytime the girls were flirting with him.

When their shifts ended,Sehun was the first person to go out,leaving Hanmi behind.Hanmi didn’t mind at first,until she saw the bus immediately left after Sehun had got on.

‘Yah!Wait for me!’Hanmi ran after it.When she met Sehun’s eyes,he only stuck out his tongue.Serves you right,he mouthed.

‘Yah!OH SEHUN!’she shouted,but he pretended not to see her.Finally, she gave up and crouched down,taking in breath.

‘AISH!’she kicked the ground and went back to the bus stop,waiting for another bus which came 30 minutes later.

 

 

‘Stupid Oh Sehun.Because of you I wasted my precious 30 minutes,’Hanmi muttered under her breath while walking to her house.It was already dark by the time the bus reached her stop.

‘Mari!’

The sudden yell made Hanmi turned to her right.Just three meters away from her was a little girl,crying while looking up at the tree.Hanmi followed the little girl’s gaze.Slowly,she approached the girl.

‘Is that your cat?’Hanmi asked.

The little girl,who was about 7-8 years old nodded and looked up at her,only to scream.

‘Why are you screaming?’Hanmi covered her ears to block out the girl’s deafening scream.

‘G-G-GHOST!’the girl continued screaming.

Hanmi frowned as the girl screamed louder.Not wanting to waken the neighbours,Hanmi quickly covered the girl’s mouth with her hand.The girls stopped at once but still was sobbing.

‘You’re right.Unnie’s a ghost.A kind one.Now this unnie wanted to ask you,is that your cat?’there was a slight tone of scolding in her voice,but not more that it could scared the girl more.The girl nodded since Hanmi’s hand was still covering .

Hanmi tsked. ‘Promise me,when I let go of your mouth,you won’t scream okay?This ghost unnie is going to save your cat,okay?’

The little girl nodded and held a pinky finger. ‘Good girl,’Hanmi smiled and let go of .As the girl had promised,she didn’t scream.Relieved,Hanmi scanned the tree where the cat was briefly,wondering how she would climbed up there.

‘Alright,luckily the tree is not high.Unnie can climb this tree,’Hanmi assured the girl and started to climb the tree.Once she was on the same level as the cat,she stretched her arm,motioning it to come closer. ‘Here,kitty,kitty.’

To her dismay,the cat only mewed,not making any effort to come closer.This had forced her to climbed nearer towards the cat.Carefully,Hanmi stretched her arm until it had gotten a grip on the cat.

‘Hehe,I got you,’Hanmi mumbled to the cat.Just as she was trying the figure way down,the cat suddenly jumped,making Hanmi to catch the cat again on her reflexes.Bad move,indeed,as Hanmi fell down the tree-in a posture where she sat on her own right foot,causing it to sprain.

‘Ahh!’Hanmi bit her lips,trying to endure the pain.

The little girl gasped. ‘Ghost unnie!Are you alright?’

Hanmi held out her hand,signaling she was alright.She tried to get up,but her legs felt wobbly and she fell again.

‘Ghost unnie…,’the girl murmured.

Hanmi managed to give her a small smile and gave the girl’s cat back. ‘Unnie is fine,’she tried to get up again,ignoring all the pain and pressure on her sprained ankle. ‘Where do you live?Let unnie send you.’

The girl shook her head. ‘Unnie is in pain.Unnie needs to go home.’

Hanmi chuckled softly.She patted the girl’s head. ‘It’s okay.It’s not that pain.A little girl walks alone in a dark night is dangerous.Let’s go.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter