Chapter 5:

A friend's advice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki was back at Joon's door, banging it and asking for him to open the door but his words were falling on deaf ears. Joon didn’t even turn on the light this time.

Jinki glared at the door when his energy ran out, rendering him powerless and self loathing. After a few more tries he faced the door with his back to it and slumped to the floor against it, deciding he would wait for Joon to come out himself no matter how long the wait was.

But he had forgotten his jacket at the office in his hurry and now he was freezing, hungry too and growing drowsy with the lack of sleep. Jinki had to give himself some credit though since he stayed there for 3 hours until he couldn’t take it anymore and closed his eyes.

He wasn’t entirely sure if he had blanked out or fallen asleep but when he opened his eyes he was no longer outside Joons apartment. In fact he was lying in Joons bed, blanket covering his now warm body. He was still a little dazed and confused as he looked at the digital clock on the bed side table, it was 12.30 midnight. Jinki didn’t shift his gaze from the table as his eyes landed on the framed picture propped up next to the clock.

It was a picture of him and Joon, holding their diplomas in their hands and smiling widely at the camera. Well Jinki was looking at the camera but Joon was looking at Jinki. This made Jinki's self loathing only intensify because of his ignorance.

After all, it was the first thing Joon probably saw when he woke up in the mornings, not a picture of his parents or his sister but it was him, it was Jinki. Joon obviously had loved him for a long time and he had to make up for it, make up for lost and irredeemable time.

Jinki extended a hand towards the picture and let his figures trace Joons happy face, the face that was gazing at him in that picture.

He sighed heavily and put the picture back on the stand and walked to the living room, he could still hear the TV on. There he found Joon, lying on the couch and switching through channels absentmindedly. "Joon?" he heard his own voice over the noise of the TV and it sounded weak. But Joon still head him, he turned the volume low and faced Jinki with a smile.

"You sure scared me there Jinki. I came home from my parents place and I found you passed out there lying cold. Imagine what I would tell Mrs. Lee? She would murder me if I let anything happen to her son" he joked lightheartedly and smiled his Joon, dimple smile. And there, almost for a second Jinki felt everything was back to normal, like he had just woken up from a bad dream, a dream that made him realize his true feelings.

Yet he knew this was no dream, it was just Joon doing what he had always done. Joon was hiding his hurt, his emotions that Jinki brought out. He was masking them and he had all but perfected it with the years of practice.

Jinki had so much to say, so many questions to ask and so much to yet find out, but he had to apologize first.

"I'm so sorry Joon" he said and flinched at the memory of the last time he was here, when Joon ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter