Chapter 2:

A friend's advice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After his bath Joon came to the living room and started on breakfast without a word said and a serious look on his face. Meanwhile Jinki was trying to keep his eyes away from Joon's wet and damp hair and his mind away from how attractive he looked. These were weird thoughts and feelings Jinki found himself having only around Joon but he termed it normal, seeing it of no concern.

When breakfast was done Jinki figured it was better a time than any to bring up the topic.

"Joon, these days…you have been drinking a lot" Jinki starts off as he awkwardly folded his hands and leaned on the counter, hoping to look determent to have this conversation. He was sure though that the concern in his eyes as he looked at Joon's uncomfortable and disturbed form would soften his tough image.

Joon did a good job at avoiding his gaze as he concentrated on washing the dishes and then pouring himself a cup of coffee. Silence continued as Jinki struggled to find the words to go on, he was sure after a point that Joon wasn’t going to co operate.

Just as Jinki was about to speak again Joon turned around, his eyes looked directly into his friends as his face displayed this sudden resolve.

Joon stood straight, his lips a tight line and his posture indicating he meant business. This was a side that even Jinki was unfamiliar with, so unlike the goofy, lovable and always happy Joon. With the situation set to the mood, Jinki just nodded indicating his attention was on the matter.

"I know what you're going to say, Jinki but before that I want to ask you something and I want to have you answer honestly" said Joon while holding his friends gaze, his voice distant and monotonous.

Jinki was slightly taken aback by this, his eyebrows raised questioningly as he never thought of Joon doubting his honesty. He chose to reply with a simple but firm nod. His thoughts were a jumble but he wouldn’t let that show, he knew that this was his only chance to help his best friend. Though, the drastic change in the atmosphere had him unnerved.

"Would you hold onto something, no matter how important or how much you treasured it, if it only caused you hurt and left you suffering?" Joon asked. As the question left his lips Jinki felt the invisible weight lift from his friend shoulders.

 The question hung in the air as Jinki contemplated giving his best reply. Meanwhile the tension in the room coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter