Chapter 3:

A friend's advice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Joon left the house, Jinki sprinted off to his bedroom to take a bath and get dressed. He was incredibly pleased with himself for having had the talk with Joon. So he put on his best smile and was off to work.

Jinki found himself to be happy, really happy. But he was happy for his friend, right? The fact that Joon could finally get over someone who had haunted him and be able to take care of himself?  Jinki stood in his apartment for a while, trying to calm his overly joyful heart. Joon could now move on and Jinki was happy for him, but why did he feel there was something else he was happy about. Like Joon's sudden single status?

Jinki shook his head, he was probably over thinking this.

 Joon wouldn’t need him now, he wouldn’t get those annoying late night calls and he wouldn’t have to drive to the bar at midnight or take care of his friend till he sobered up. He doesn’t need me, Jinki thought aloud with an uncomfortable feeling welling up in his chest.

Jinki shook his head again, trying to clear his thoughts. Joon would continue to be his friend and this changed nothing. With this he attempted to get back into that cheerful mood from this morning, and he did so but it wasn’t quite the same.

When he reached work, Jinki went straight to his office. Avoiding the otherwise chit chat he made along the way. Once finally there he glanced at the desk and seat located outside the doors to his office, it was empty. Joon wasn’t there.

The sight of the empty chair brought back the image of Joon, hurt and devastated. The image bothered Jinki, he felt like Joon wanted to tell him something but he hadn’t given him the chance. Had Jinki made a mistake?

Jinki was about to lose his mind when the secretary of another office worker on the floor passed by. She bowed, wished him a good morning, glanced at the empty desk, and then she frowned. "Is there something wrong?" Jinki asked her, following her gaze. She immediately straightened up with a formal smile and blushed. "Joon-shi was here earlier, about fifteen minutes ago and he isn’t here now. I was just wondering where he went.." and then she just left the sentence hanging.

Jinki could feel a cold sweat break out, kind of like the feeling when you lost your ticket while on the bus and the collector catches you. But this was a million times worse, Jinki was dreading even thinking it, the thought of no Joon.  

The secretary must have caught the upcoming panic in Jinkis expression as she amended, "maybe he went for coffee?"

Jinki felt himself calm and said goodbye as he stalked off to his office. There, sure enough, his work pile was stacked and organized. Joon was here. Joon had a way of organizing his work, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter