Chapter 4:

A friend's advice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki slammed the door to his apartment behind him and flinched at the recollection of Joon's door slamming in his face. He had gone there to just make sure Joon was fine and to ask him to come back to work. So how had things reached this point?

Jinki let his head hang as he slumped against the door to his bedroom, his elbows resting on his knees and his face in his hands. He had, had a bad feeling about this from the start, from the moment Joon asked for his advice. Jinki would do anything to turn back time, to go back to that night and shut himself up.

But no one could turn back time and even Jinki knew that.

He lay in bed all night, rethinking his words and regretting them all. But he still had no idea where he went wrong. What exactly he said that pushed Joon away from him like this.

After a sleepless night Jinki walked into office with no motivation to work.  Joon was on his mind, no surprise there. They were almost about to complete 3 years of working together and the 4 years they spent in college, all of those memories, Jinki wasn’t ready to just throw away. But there was something else, that terrible loneliness that wouldn’t go away, that sense of missing someone so much it hurt and the tight uncomfortable feeling he had in his chest, like his heart wasn’t at peace.

These feelings weren’t the result of Joon's absence for four days but instead the thought of Joon not being around for all the rest in Jinki's life. A hole created with no replacement, that final goodbye, that ache.

Never in his life had Jinki felt like this and never again did he want to.

At the end of the work day and with not much work actually done, Jinki had only managed to think of one way around his situation. He would give Joon some time to think. That way whatever was on his mind would be properly thought out, after all, every scar faded if not healed, with time.

Just before leaving Jinki pulled open the drawer in his desk and stared at the white envelope, hoping it would disappear. But there was nothing in that drawer aside from it and it wasn’t going anywhere.

Jinki had noticed the white envelope on his desk the day before and judging by the handwriting he immediately knew it to be Joon's. However the contents of the letter inside were no mystery to him, he knew it was a letter of resignation but he was too afraid to open and confirm this fact.

Suddenly Jinki's mind took a detour from its thoughts and he was back to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter