Chapter 1:

A friend's advice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki parked his car in the back parking lot of the bar. He took in a deep breath as he put off the engine and took out the keys, stepping out of the car. He was here so often that it started to feel like he had his own parking spot, knowing exactly what to expect. Heaving a sigh he walked into the bar.

"Look who's here!!" Joon yelled enthusiastically as Jinki walked in.

"Come on Joon let's get you home, its late and we have work tomorrow"  Jinki informed him as he stood next to Joon and tried to pull him to his feet. "Quit acting like my boss and start acting like my friend, would you?" Joon complained and finally got to his feet.

 "I didn't have that much to drink, just a few beers so I can walk myself" he continued and Jinki looked unconvinced. "You can ask the bartender" Joon snapped in outrage.

Jinki felt a little guilty for not trusting his friend's words as he looked to the bartender for confirmation. The bartender nodded and informed Jinki that the drinks had been paid for when he asked. Joon threw Jinki an angry glare for this and stomped out the bar towards the car.

Jinki had to admit, Joon looked better than he had last week when he came to pick him up and found Joon passed out at the bar counter. Things never seemed to be going well in Joon's love life and so he visited the bar from time to time to take his mind off it. But as the 5 relationships in the past 3 years all failed miserably, Joon found himself at the bar more often.

Jinki tried to be the understanding friend he was, but he was also tired of receiving calls from Joon at midnight asking for Jinki to come pick him up. Hence he decided it was time they had a talk.

"Joon, it's late so you can crash at my place" Jinki said as he climbed into the car. He sat in the driver's seat and watched Joon stumble a little before finally sliding into the passenger's seat. "No need, just take me back to my place" Joon grumbled as he put a hand to his head and tried to sooth the throbbing pain by rubbing in circular motions.

 "I have no problem with that but who’s going to help you when you wake up with a hangover the next morning?" Jinki questioned while taking the car in reverse, heading to his own house.

"Don’t act like I'm some kind of helpless loser, I can take care of myself" Joon retorted with a raised voice. "And I’ll just take a taxi next time" he continued to threaten while simultaneously performing the challenging task of getting his seat belt to click.

 Jinki stayed silent and just focused his attention on the road

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter