Chapter Nine

얼음꽃 (Frost Flower)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Announcement before you read this chapter:

I've started a new ongoing fic with imuthis~ We look forward to your immense support. Thank you very much in advance. Link:

가까이 (Closer)

 

--

| Chapter Nine |

“Last day of the week’s officially over! Finally. TGIF,” Yoona’s eyes lit up the moment she glanced at her watch, collecting her papers at once.

 

“I like how you always call it a day right on time. Thanks for understanding that we all have our personal lives to take care of,” Sooyoung smiled briefly, stretching her arms before grabbing her cellphone to check for texts and whatnot.​

 

“To hell with slave drivers!” Kai exclaimed, chucking his writing materials aside as he stifled a yawn.

 

“Dinner and drinks as usual?” Hyoyeon asked, packing up like the others.

 

“Yes, please. Will you be joining us today, Yoona?” Sunny glanced at the girl, who was actively tapping at her cell, engrossed in texting.

 

“I’ll get back to you. Just give me a minute. CEO wants me in her office,” answered the girl a little too excitedly.

 

“Wow, you even text each other now. Nice,” Luhan threw in a comment.​

 

“This is the first ever message I’ve received from her. Must be something urgent. Be right back, guys.”

 

Bolting down the aisles, Yoona reached the woman’s door in less than half a minute, barging in abruptly, “Did something happen? Are you choking? Was someone trying to assault you? Where is he?”

 

“This is a disaster.” Jessica had her face in her hands as she remained seated, prompting the girl to hurry over to her desk.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Tiffany usually settles these things for me but she left the office early today and there’s nobody else I could think of. What am I to do?”

 

“Don’t panic. Just tell me what the problem is.” It kind of scared Yoona seeing Jessica so troubled.

 

The woman immediately pulled up a folder on her laptop that included what seemed like thousands of word documents, “This.”

 

“What about them?” Yoona responded, eyes studying the screen carefully. Everything appeared to be in place. Taking a guess, she asked, “Are these reports you need finished by tomorrow or something?”

 

“I just spent the last couple of hours renaming more than half of these. I don’t know what happened, the screen went blank all of a sudden, the system rebooted itself, and now I’m left with all these messy names again,” Jessica poured out, a hint of anguish in her voice. Emotion. That was a first. So she had them.​

 

“Okay, according to what I see, all the files seem perfectly organized. They’re all titled properly. Am I missing something?” Yoona arched a brow as she looked through the files again. Nothing wrong with them.

 

“They’re not numbered accordingly.” While Jessica went on moping, the girl started to chuckle, earning a glare from her at once, “Why are you even laughing? This is serious.”

 

“This was your so-called emergency? Somebody’s perfectionism is clearly getting out of control.” The chuckling expanded into full-on laughing at this point, which only served to aggravate the woman even more.

 

“Joke about it all you want but please tell me there’s a way to fix it. There’s no way I’m leaving the office without rectifying this.” She was doubtlessly at her wits’ end.

 

“Piece of cake.”

 

“Thank goodness.” Jessica got up to her feet at once, gesturing for Yoona to take over.

 

“Whoa, whoa, wait. What do I get in return? Office hours are over.” The girl proceeded to inspect her watch.

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Do I look like I’m playing around?”

 

“Fine, I’ll pay you. Now, hurry,” Jessica sighed. She would do anything the girl asked just to see the files accurately renamed.​

 

“No. I don’t accept cash.” It seemed the girl was really taking advantage of the situation.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Dinner treat.” Okay, maybe not anything.

 

“Impossible.”

 

“Then I guess you’re on your own, Miss Jung. Happy going through file by agonizing file,” Yoona shrugged lazily, still refusing to take the seat.​

 

“Could I perhaps give you money to get your own dinner?” Fists clenching, the woman did her best to speak nicely. She hated being threatened. If only she had put in more effort to be IT savvy herself, all this would not have happened.

 

“Nice try.” Yoona did not plan on giving in.

 

“You know what, forget it. I’ll do this myself.” Jessica sat herself back down, clicking the mouse loudly and slamming on the keys.

 

Shaking her head, Yoona prodded the fuming woman’s arm several times.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter